Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be honest. I don't think Hojbjerg has been that good basically since the turn of the year.
He had a lot of poor games around February time and I liked him in that defensive destroyer role but recently he's looked quite weak in the tackle and some bad closing down etc.

I prefer him in the CDM role. What does he do really at CM? His passing/dribbling isn't as good as say Lo Celso's.

I almost lost my mind when we signed him. When your team is in rag order, and you go and sign a guy like this and make him an automatic starter, all the while banging on about how your incredible stadium needs to be seeing CL football every season and you want to compete for titles, you deserve nothing but suffering.

I almost lost my mind when we signed him. When your team is in rag order, and you go and sign a guy like this and make him an automatic starter, all the while banging on about how your incredible stadium needs to be seeing CL football every season and you want to compete for titles, you deserve nothing but suffering.
Don't worry Pape is learning with Metz :auriergrin:.

I'll be honest. I don't think Hojbjerg has been that good basically since the turn of the year.
He had a lot of poor games around February time and I liked him in that defensive destroyer role but recently he's looked quite weak in the tackle and some bad closing down etc.

I prefer him in the CDM role. What does he do really at CM? His passing/dribbling isn't as good as say Lo Celso's.
What does he offer at CDM though?

He's not a great tackler, he's not a great defender, he doesn't plug the gap at the edge of the box. He's just not the standard required. By all means bring him on with 15 or 20 to go if you are looking to hold onto a lead, but as a starter...eek.

I'm on the Pape train, my dear man. Don't you worry about that. I expect him to show some people what a real footballer looks like.
me too :)

lord of the rings GIF

What does he offer at CDM though?

He's not a great tackler, he's not a great defender, he doesn't plug the gap at the edge of the box. He's just not the standard required. By all means bring him on with 15 or 20 to go if you are looking to hold onto a lead, but as a starter...eek.
What does he offer at Cm then?
Prefer him at CDM . He did well in the 1st half of last season

Wow you are bitching again; what a surprise. We signed him for a fairly reasonable price and he played practically every PL minute last year. But we could have gone with Winks instead!

Get a grip. There's plenty of real things to complain about, but you're bitching just to bitch here.

Wow you are bitching again; what a surprise. We signed him for a fairly reasonable price and he played practically every PL minute last year. But we could have gone with Winks instead!

Get a grip. There's plenty of real things to complain about, but you're bitching just to bitch here.
What I've always said about Hojberg, he's in the team and lauded only because he's not Harry Winks.

Back
Top Bottom