Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hojbjerg has played every single minute of league play available since he joined last year with a rotating cast of miscreants, maligners, malcontents including Gedson, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Dele and all the sudden last week people were suggesting he was the problem!

He’s obviously not Modric, Carrick, Dembele level, but my god where would our midfield be the last two seasons without his steadiness? Put some more talented and reliable players around him and let him focus on the hard work that he’s good at. He’s not even a top 15 problem with our squad at the moment.

Compare them stats to the great tanguy. I think having skipp beside him helps him.
Lets not forget he worked v hard in the euros and made team of the tourney. And still has to play full minutes in prem league

So everyone else in that team get a free pass yet Hojbjerg is the one that gets scrutinised, brilliant
No one said that.

I was pointing out that saying "but what about denmark" means absolutely nothing. He did well for a few games against the likes of wales, russia and czechs. It doesnt affect any decision with what our team needs or how he will perform vs PL opponents.

No one says everyone gets a free pass. We scrutinise everyone and thankfully Nuno has had more time to evaluate the squad and is getting closer and closer to a decent first 11. For now Hojberg remains in that list becaues others arent much better. Bbut if we want to finish higher than 6-8th, we will need someone better than him and dier to be first 11 players.

No one said that.

I was pointing out that saying "but what about denmark" means absolutely nothing. He did well for a few games against the likes of wales, russia and czechs. It doesnt affect any decision with what our team needs or how he will perform vs PL opponents.

No one says everyone gets a free pass. We scrutinise everyone and thankfully Nuno has had more time to evaluate the squad and is getting closer and closer to a decent first 11. For now Hojberg remains in that list becaues others arent much better. Bbut if we want to finish higher than 6-8th, we will need someone better than him and dier to be first 11 players.

And once again it's ridiculous to point the finger at him when we have a multitude of other problems in our team and whilst he's our best and most consistent midfielder and a rare success in transfers we have made recently, this debate doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And once again it's ridiculous to point the finger at him when we have a multitude of other problems in our team and whilst he's our best and most consistent midfielder and a rare success in transfers we have made recently, this debate doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Oh if you think hes our best midfielder and a rare success of any kind, then thats fine. Im not bothered by your opinion.

Oh if you think hes our best midfielder and a rare success of any kind, then thats fine. Im not bothered by your opinion.
Amazing that anyone could think he’s consistent. He was good at times last season (best player in a fair games) and also completely woeful, no change this season.

He does look better next to Skipp, that’s beyond debate and I think those two will do ok as a pair. Personally I detest two limited players in a pair in front of the back 4, I would love to see NDombele next to Skipp but that’s just me.

In your opinion. I am offering opinions from an informed position, you aren’t

Informed position lol please tell me what that means...unless you work on the coaching staff or perhaps Nuno himself, how is your opinion anymore valid then mine or anyone else's?

Amazing that anyone could think he’s consistent. He was good at times last season (best player in a fair games) and also completely woeful, no change this season.

He does look better next to Skipp, that’s beyond debate and I think those two will do ok as a pair. Personally I detest two limited players in a pair in front of the back 4, I would love to see NDombele next to Skipp but that’s just me.
Because he's a pack hunter and can't do anything by himself.

His tackling stats were all down to him being the second man in the tackle, normally baby sitting Reguilon and picking the man off as he went inside or past Reguilon.

He really wasn’t

The stats say you're wrong

My eyes say I’m not

Well yes that's the problem here.

In your opinion. I am offering opinions from an informed position, you aren’t

This is freaking golden… First he disregards stats because of his eyes (?!).

… Then says “I am offering opinions from an informed position”.

Well, yeah, if that “informed position” is placed on each side of - and slightly above - your nose.

Where do these baffoons keep on coming from?

This is freaking golden… First he disregards stats because of his eyes (?!).

… Then says “I am offering opinions from an informed position”.

Well, yeah, if that “informed position” is placed on each side of - and slightly above - your nose.

Where do these baffoons keep on coming from?
I was messing about ffs.

8 tackles today.
Really good in the midfield

(Although maybe Newcastle stood off us a bit in that department)
Only issue today was I feel sometimes his passing is very conservative i.e backwards or he picks the wrong option.

Back
Top Bottom