Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can. Lloris and Son. Both had iffy patches, Sons longer than Lloris but both more consistant. Kane for obvious reasons has now dipped but this has only been 5 league games, not 6 months like Hojbjerg. Clearly we're not going to agree on this so i 'll leave it there.

So 3 of our best players then who'd many consider world class, there's a shock :)

If you're just outside of those 3 then you're doing something right, suggests that he is not the problem, absolutely nowhere near.

:mourbringit:

E6LL4VGXMAEi0o5
Sissoko was picked for CL team of the year .

Probably because he was one of the best players in the tournament, that's kinda how it works.
Exactly. He played 1 good season of CL. 10 matches in total. And you cant say hes that good of a footballer (to put it mildly)
Hojbjerg played 6 matches or something in the euros including the likes of finland, wales, russia, czechrep etc. Hardly something to shout about.

Ehhh? You’re saying that he’s “a poor DM but a half decent 8”.

That’s a sentence about his general skillset - not a sentence about his Spurs performances. Therefore, his national team performances is of course relevant.

If you had said “I don’t think he’s performed well as a 6/8 for Spurs”, we wouldn’t have this discussion.
He’s a shit DM, probably the worst in the league. Hope this is clear

And? I couldn’t care less what he did for Denmark

He didn't even play DM for Denmark. Delaney played as their most defensive minded midfielder, whilst Hojbjerg was deployed further upfield to the right of centre midfield, where he actually created the most chances of any of their players.

He still wants to be aggressive and win the ball, but he's better at doing it higher up the field imo, rather than sitting as a defensive midfielder.

Well you're judging a #8 on his strength of being a DM; so I put it to you that Winks who played there for ages is a much worse DM.....
He played as a DM all last season (fatty PEH not Winks) whereas Wink doesn’t and hasn’t for at least 18 months of not longer. Run along, you were trying to clever and it didn’t work

He played as a DM all last season (fatty PEH not Winks) whereas Wink doesn’t and hasn’t for at least 18 months of not longer. Run along, you were trying to clever and it didn’t work

"Fatty" PEH?

:mourfacepalm:

.......My post was entirely appropriate. You on the otherhand hand are just talking guff.

Exactly. He played 1 good season of CL. 10 matches in total. And you cant say hes that good of a footballer (to put it mildly)
Hojbjerg played 6 matches or something in the euros including the likes of finland, wales, russia, czechrep etc. Hardly something to shout about.

So everyone else in that team get a free pass yet Hojbjerg is the one that gets scrutinised, brilliant

Err i did say he wasnt the main problem but that he's a bit overated and shouldnt be a mainstay.

Yeah we know he isn't the main problem, my point is that he isn't even a problem which is why I laughed at those who pointed the finger at him last week after the NLD and you took exception to it.

He shouldn't be a mainstay...tell me something new. We're not the team of 5 years ago so he wouldn't get in that team but we are where we are now and for me he's the 4th name on the teamsheet.

Back
Top Bottom