Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be interesting to see the line up in our first game of the season.

I think he has the attributes of a conventional CM. I don't think he can do the holding role himself.
Think Mourinho would like 2 ball winners in midfield. IMO Winks is most at danger of losing his place than Sissoko.

Anticipate this to be our midfield first game.

Hojbjerg - Sissoko
GLC
I think Ndombele is the lynchpin here... either Højbjerg was brought in to replace him, or to help get the best out of him...

I can see Jose going with Hojbjerg, Ndombele GLC in a midfield 3... with Winks/Sissoko as back up... which to be fair, most people saw them as anyway! Sissoko has come on leaps and bounds, but I'd still rather see Ndombele prove himself...
Unless he's as good as gone, in which case, Jose will be planning for life after Ndombele!!

So now you know Jose didn't want him?

I'm not saying they all won't. All I'm saying is that, despite offering more money in fees and wages, we can't buy everyone. Plus some players just won't have dreamed of playing for Spurs. Some dream of playing for Man Utd or Liverpool or Real, etc unfortunately. In those cases they'd take less money to go there instead of us.

Amazingly some players are idiots who don't realise how awesome Spurs are :)

No matter who the player supports we aren't winning the race with teams like that so that's largely irrelevant

Jose Mourinho does want Hoj but I very much doubt he was no1 target or anywhere near and more likely signed because of the contract situation and KWP gave Levy Leverage (Levyage)

I'm firmly believe if Hoj had 3 years on his contract hed have been struck off of the list of possibilities and if we did go in for him Everton would have won the race.

So other teams have money then! Who knew!

It was specifically pointed out that they have money because they sold their star player.

We all know that if we would sell Kane for 120 mil and buy Werner for 60 mil you would be whining even harder than you are right now. About how we are letting go our most valuable assets and bringing in weaker replacements.

Just freaking admit that you whine for the kick of whining and there is actually no other point in that.

Wait until he plays in the white and blue and judge him after not before, I thought Soldado was going to be one of our best signings but that didn't turn out correct.

I think Ndombele is the lynchpin here... either Højbjerg was brought in to replace him, or to help get the best out of him...

I can see Jose going with Hojbjerg, Ndombele GLC in a midfield 3... with Winks/Sissoko as back up... which to be fair, most people saw them as anyway! Sissoko has come on leaps and bounds, but I'd still rather see Ndombele prove himself...
Unless he's as good as gone, in which case, Jose will be planning for life after Ndombele!!
The way I see it is that he plays either GLC or Ndombele.

Winks or Sissoko.

I don't think Hojbjerg is a replacement for Ndombele. Both different attributes. You can afford to play Ndombele further forward if you have 2 DMs covering him. Ndombele is not cut out for the deeper role.

The one thing that keeps cropping up about why we fall at the final hurdle is a lack of mental strength, and/or a winning mentality...

I'd say Hojbjerg has been brought in for EXACTLY that reason... he has a Bayern Munich philosophy about him, and that can only be a good thing!

He exudes calmness, leadership and a sense of unity, which is what we've been sorely lacking in midfield for years...
Hopefully the players around him like Ndombele, Winks, Dele GLC, fuck, who knows even Gedson, will start to benefit, and that's all we can ask of him!

It was specifically pointed out that they have money because they sold their star player.

We all know that if we would sell Kane for 120 mil and buy Werner for 60 mil you would be whining even harder than you are right now. About how we are letting go our most valuable assets and bringing in weaker replacements.

Just freaking admit that you whine for the kick of whining and there is actually no other point in that.

Nope just highlights if Lille are signing 30 million players there is liquidity in the market despite Levy's attempts to suggest otherwise, I'm pissed off that we've waited three years to upgrade this position and ended up with a bargain basement player who isn't good enough to play for a top 4 club which we should aspire to be.

I hate Americanisms like freakin 🤮

Nope just highlights if Lille are signing 30 million players there is liquidity in the market despite Levy's attempts to suggest otherwise, I'm pissed off that we've waited three years to upgrade this position and ended up with a bargain basement player who isn't good enough to play for a top 4 club which we should aspire to be.

Wait I'm confused, so you mean that the fact that Lille are spending money on a replacement for Osimhen is more attributed to "liquidity in the market" but not attributed to "using their profit they made on Osimhen for a replacement"?

Of course there is liquidty. But what does that mean in this context?
There would be liquidity to sell Kane for 120 and buy lesser replacement for 60 mil.

That is what happened in this example. But you are clearly ignoring the main point being made. It seems to become a trend - don't answer to the underlying idea, just go off mumbling about something else and try to write something-something, hoping people would not notice that there was no answer to initial idea.

Many such cases. Sad!

And that guys is your Southampton fan in a nutshell, exactly what my Pompey mate was saying. Most bitter and deluded bunch of cunts in the country. They are literally creaming in their pants over KWP and celebrating losing Hojberg, despite him being their captain for the best part of 4 years 😂 the only reason he has been taken out of the squad, is purely because he wanted to move. Ings will be next and they will be calling him over rated etc.

Yes, I have to watch a Youtube tutorial each time I want to tie my shoes.

Explain what you actually mean with your answer then

Quite likely that he will just ignore that post, keeps silence for 1h and then comes back to talk about something entirely different like nothing happened :D .
Always more convinient to hide/ never answer / throw around meaningless blah-blah / ask empty rhetorical questions than to actually address the point, isn't it ;) .

Back
Top Bottom