Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The switch to a 433 has made him and all of our midfield players look better, with Skipp always anchoring the midfield Hojbjerg and Dele can play box to box and be aggressive.

PEH still frustrates with some of his decisions on the ball but he can improve, it already clear that the structure Nuno has implemented suits our players. I can see that they enjoy playing this way.

Good game yesterday, borderline MOTM along with the two CB's for me.

Im glad Nuno recognized that PEH is better when given the license to get forward. We saw how good he was at the Euros.

Jose wasted this guy last season making him a #6. Underrated passer who picked out some lovely through balls yesterday

Was a titan in that second half yesterday, did a huge amount of work off the ball, intercepting, tackles, even showed a nice range of passing. Really helped us secure the 3 pts.

The switch to a 433 has made him and all of our midfield players look better, with Skipp always anchoring the midfield Hojbjerg and Dele can play box to box and be aggressive.

PEH still frustrates with some of his decisions on the ball but he can improve, it already clear that the structure Nuno has implemented suits our players. I can see that they enjoy playing this way.

See, this is what's frustrating me with all the "we need a #10" chatter.......

Start going down the 4231 path and all this is gone...... i.e. Much of what has been good about Nuno so far.

We just need PEH, Skipp & Dele to keep improving and get more comfortable in these rolls.... Sure, add quality signings to that format if we can, but I'm dead against sacrificing the workrate and 'ground-coverage' that we have established with our MF3 so far when the ability to pass and link up is already present..

Last edited:
Im glad Nuno recognized that PEH is better when given the license to get forward. We saw how good he was at the Euros.

Jose wasted this guy last season making him a #6. Underrated passer who picked out some lovely through balls yesterday
And not even necessarily always forward so much as allowed a freer role where he can roam to break things up defensively as well.

Jose did initially try this with Winks in the Skipp role as a more careful tidying up player, the problem was Winks is terrible.

When Jose gave up on being able to protect his back four was when he started taking the piss tactically.

Credit Nuno, but also credit Skipp.

Højbjerg is a postal district of Aarhus, Denmark.

Høj is Danish for High, Bjerg means Mountain. Jelshøj is the highest point in Aarhus Municipality at 128 m - so not exactly Mont Blanc, is it?

Currently, Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow holds the crown for the most inaccurate spelling of his name which is still recognisable, with 'Hoijberge', but I'm sure we can do better than that.

We found him years ago, Wilmar Barrios. We just never signed him.

LOL.... Yeh, right.

Bullying the Russian League and being a walking potential red card for your country doesn't put you on par with Kante.

Also; doesn't consider the fact that Chavs can afford to not start a player of his calibre in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom