PL Fixtures 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

598B9392-FC84-43E9-915C-42C30187E7F5.thumb.jpeg.978a2e6738bc68d3b8a19f222cdde963.jpeg
The TV matches are never picked so soon, but also the early kick off will be on BT for the following 3 seasons, which is another giveaway that this is bullshit

So we've got Everton away at 4:30 on Sunday 3rd, then Red Star away on Wednesday 6th. Thanks Premier League/Sky, that's really fucking helpful. Weekend matches before Wednesday CL matches are almost NEVER played on the Sunday, always on the Saturday. There are 5 other matches that could have been played in that time slot instead of ours without screwing any team on scheduling...
They should do more games on a Friday night to help the champions League teams like they seem to do abroad

Any guesses who our first game will be against?

Opening days fixtures / results in the PL era:

YearVenueOpponentScoreResult
92ASouthampton0-0D
93ANewcastle United0-1W
94ASheffield Wednesday3-4W
95AManchester City1-1D
96ABlackburn0-2W
97HManchester United0-2L
98AWimbledon3-1L
99AWest Ham1-0L
00HIpswich3-1W
01HAston Villa0-0D
02AEverton2-2D
03ABirmingham City1-0L
04HLiverpool1-1D
05APortsmouth0-2W
06ABolton Wanderers2-0L
07ASunderland Athletic1-0L
08AMiddlesborough2-1L
09HLiverpool2-1W
10HManchester City0-0D
11AManchester United3-0L
12ANewcastle United2-1L
13ACrystal Palace0-1W
14AWest Ham0-1W
15AManchester United1-0L
16AEverton1-1D
17ANewcastle United0-2W
18ANewcastle United1-2W
W
10​
L
10​
D
7​
H
6​
A
21​
GF
28​
GA
29​

Teams in the league for 19/20 that we have never played on opening day of a PL season:

Woolwich
Bournemouth
Brighton
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Norwich
Sheffield United
Watford
Wolves

We haven't had a home league opener since 2010 - surely we get one this year.
I'm going home to Bournemouth - 2-0 win.

Last edited:
GHASTLY FIXTURES!!!

...joking, though the first few HOME games are certainly 'balanced' shall we say by the first few AWAY!!

Still, as i'm starting to believe more and more, the old adage of "you've got to play everyone at some point" is true to an extent... it doesn't half help to play teams at certain points of the season, when they may be in/or out of form...
problem is, you never know until you get to that point of the season whether they are in or out of form!!

I bet plenty of teams (except fucking West Ham) were bemoaning the fact we've moved into NWHL when we did, as it clearly gave us an advantage in the CL game against City, and most probably got us over the line in the race for 4th....

Liverpool & Man City's astonishing early season runs last year, were due, in part, to the fact they were playing some teams who were horribly out of form/exhausted from the WC (yes, i'm referring to us!) ...and benefited from it no end!

That gave them both the momentum to rack up points early, so that when they did face other teams further into the season, they were already miles ahead and 'a fearsome proposition'... other teams wilt under that kind of intimidation!

We need to get POINTS ON THE BOARD EARLY!
....make a statement to the rest, then let them worry about us!!

Last edited:
Just realised scum away is the same day as my sister's wedding...

I think I may well cancel. I'm supposed to be giving her away, think she'll mind?

Back
Top Bottom