Player Ratings: Crystal Palace (a) 1-2

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is this nonsense with The Dealer giving disagrees left, right & centre on every ratings thread? If your ratings are different to someone else's, of course you disagree with the person, but we don't all go around hitting the disagree button for that, do we? Weird.

I think he's just trolling, so I've foul voted his 'off topic derailment' post, for that reason.

A lot were sideways, backwards to Vdv and Vicario. Not really worth counting. I put his mark sheet ,good performance but not flawless.
Mark sheet? Seriously???

For the love of Hoddle, get over yourself.

giphy.gif

Bias can skew data at either end of a scale.

Removing a certain (arbitrary), equal amount (set) of highest AND lowest ratings for each player would minimize some fuckery (at either end of the scale) by reducing and extracting outliers.

As long as it's consistent across the board, obviously.
Absolutely. It's standard practice. But that's not what's going on here - not by any stretch of the imagination. What's going on here is weird, deluded and quite pathetic control freakery.

What is this nonsense with The Dealer giving disagrees left, right & centre on every ratings thread? If your ratings are different to someone else's, of course you disagree with the person, but we don't all go around hitting the disagree button for that, do we? Weird.

I think he's just trolling, so I've foul voted his 'off topic derailment' post, for that reason.
He’s trying to sabotage the thread because no one participated in his shit ratings thread.

While the others disagreed out of small mindedness.
You fail to understand and provide no explanation.

If one poster rates all 11 players as 9s then you go and rate them all as 7s, it's essentially the same rating as you because they are relative. They would impact on the overall average exactly the same, because the overall average is a list of all Spurs players ordered by their mean average.

Don't you get it ? You disagree with ratings which are relatively similar to your own!
Just because you think a 9 should be less achievable. You are ridiculous.

Just think....look at the discussion that has resulted by my disagrees. Usually this thread is post your numbers and leave it.
As a side issue, Admin never rates does he ? Why is that ?
...but the discussion is about why you're such a dickhead - and nothing to do with the thread topic.

Your cynical and twisted mind leads you to think that. 10 media/ web ratings are usually all I can find, not selected. The other 10 are forum posts I deem credible or close to. I have detailed why I rejected and disagreed with 7, I don't need to review any more, the pattern is there.
You are talking rubbish to try and discredit me.
Actually telling lies.
All I am doing is giving another comparison as opposed to the single option which is a fun option. I'm a bit more serious and trying to give a realistic set of data.
Seriously mate, you need to get laid.

:pochserious:

Postecoglou: 8
Vicario: 7
Royal: 6
Porro: 7
Romero: 9
Davies: 7
van de Ven: 8
Højbjerg: 7
Sarr: 8
Bissouma: 7
Maddison: 8
Bentancur: 6
Son: 8
Richarlison: 6
Kulusevski: 6
Johnson: 6
Gil: 6

Submit your ratings | View match averages | View season averages
Not sure if these are good enough to make the dealer’s favorite list of ratings. At least one of your selections is probably 1.80 or greater away from the mean rating given by the media.

How dare you.

The ratings I have disagreed with are nonsense, not me disagreeing with them. I am trying to make posters think harder about their ratings that are clearly wrong.
Why does that have to be labelled as trolling. The all to easy accusation intended to discredit and getting so predictable.
You have admitted deliberately mis-using the foul function but I doubt any action will be taken.

You click disagree and give no reason.

Simply trolling or genuinely believe your opinion is correct, and others are wrong.

But YOU are wrong.

He doesn't even post his own ratings.
Just agrees with a few people each week (even if they are quite different ratings to each other) and disagrees with dozens on a quick glance.

Then posts this trollop as though it means something.. we can only assume that this media average in their opinion is more correct than the forum average.
Snapshot of 5 media/web ratings compared to forum so far. Ratings sourced from Football London, Evening Std, Spursweb, 90 mins and Sky.
First column media/ web, second forum.

Vicario....6.70, 8.14
Porro.......6......., 6.97
Romero...7.30, 8.40
Vdv............7.80, 8.96
Davies.....4.40, 5.74
Bissoum.6.20, 6.60
Sarr..........7.30, 7.83
Maddiso.7.60, 7.73
Kulusev..5.80, 6.47
Son...........7.30, 7.71
Richi........5.80, 5.84
Royal.......6.50, 6.97
Hojbjer...5.90, 7.06
Johnson 7......., 7.28

Yet when you break it down, the media average, his agree average, disagree average and total forum average all follow a strikingly similar correlation (with the exception of Davies), albeit starting from a 1-2 point higher 'base line'.

What this poster doesn't like is to see high ratings for players. He thinks it's 'more correct' that player ratings start from a lower base line but doesn't consider the ratings relative to other player ratings.
So disagrees to make a point they don't quite understand what point they're trying to make themselves fully - hence they are an idiot.

If you rate any player 9+ this moron will click disagree. It's as simple as that.
Having gone through their agrees / disagrees, I can't find an exception to this rule.

1.jpg

All the data is there to ascertain if a rating is out of sync. Its up to the poster to review their own ratings and decide if there is a significant difference and reason for it. I will be doing my own review of my ratings later, as I have done before.
Dodged actually answering again. Just backs up you're trolling.
That's your warped interpretation of it. All I'm doing is flagging up potential inaccuracies within ratings. I could be wrong with those disagrees, so prove I am by justifying the rating.
It's on you to justify the disagrees. You think scrolling through glancing briefly and disagreeing with dozens of ratings posts warrants those posters to all come back and justify their individual ratings to you?

Can you not see why you have got that completely the wrong way round? You spend 30 seconds clicking disagree wildly then would expect hours of man hours in responses?

Think about your ridiculousness.

Back
Top Bottom