Player Ratings: Liverpool (a) 4-3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am so proud of the boys. What an amazing performance. The first 15 minutes were tragic again but after that we were outstanding. It really shows what these players are capable of. I am devastated with the loss as we did not deserve it. Few other teams play Liverpool off the park at Anfield and we were one of them. Son was absolutely superb and pedro porro had an amazing second half. Son was man of the match. Holberg had a really good game as well. I don't understand the concentration of our players the first 15 to 20 minutes. We are so up and down.

I am so proud of the boys. What an amazing performance. The first 15 minutes were tragic again but after that we were outstanding. It really shows what these players are capable of. I am devastated with the loss as we did not deserve it. Few other teams play Liverpool off the park at Anfield and we were one of them. Son was absolutely superb and pedro porro had an amazing second half. Son was man of the match. Holberg had a really good game as well. I don't understand the concentration of our players the first 15 to 20 minutes. We are so up and down.
You have shown yellow, what have you done?

Id love to know how Lucas has scored higher than a 1!

Its not a score, its a rating and is misrepresentitive for a sub on for a short time. If a player makes mostly substitute appearances his long term rating could be skewed....so I don't include subs generally on my ratings thread unless they have played 30 or so minutes. I toyed with the idea of ratings for subs separately but it's too complex.

Its not a score, its a rating and is misrepresentitive for a sub on for a short time. If a player makes mostly substitute appearances his long term rating could be skewed....so I don't include subs generally on my ratings thread unless they have played 30 or so minutes. I toyed with the idea of ratings for subs separately but it's too complex.
This is why I much prefer words to numbers with an emotional sport like football.

This is why I much prefer words to numbers with an emotional sport like football.

That's a sweeping statement . A 90 minute measure has validity but not a few minutes. Numbers are very much part of sport. For example we have conceded more goals in added time than any PL team this season at 26.
Perisic has 13 assists this season.

That's a sweeping statement . A 90 minute measure has validity but not a few minutes. Numbers are very much part of sport. For example we have conceded more goals in added time than any PL team this season at 26.
Perisic has 13 assists this season.
Not player ratings though which is what we’re talking about. They’re subjective and words best numbers when it comes to dealing with subjectivity.

As to not rating subs, fine if they run on for the last 3 mins and barely have a touch. But let’s take Moura. He may have only been on the pitch for a minute but his impact changed the game for the worse. It wasn’t a small change, it was literally a game changer. Any player who changes a game should be included, whether it’s Moura’s bumblefuckup or Danjuma’s goal.

Not player ratings though which is what we’re talking about. They’re subjective and words best numbers when it comes to dealing with subjectivity.

As to not rating subs, fine if they run on for the last 3 mins and barely have a touch. But let’s take Moura. He may have only been on the pitch for a minute but his impact changed the game for the worse. It wasn’t a small change, it was literally a game changer. Any player who changes a game should be included, whether it’s Moura’s bumblefuckup or Danjuma’s goal.

One person can have a big gripe with a players performance and slate him in words. Another can give a glowing review. How can you measure the fors and against without numbers ?
The ratings provide the basis for discussion and a consensus.

Back
Top Bottom