Player Ratings: Liverpool (a) 4-3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not player ratings though which is what we’re talking about. They’re subjective and words best numbers when it comes to dealing with subjectivity.

As to not rating subs, fine if they run on for the last 3 mins and barely have a touch. But let’s take Moura. He may have only been on the pitch for a minute but his impact changed the game for the worse. It wasn’t a small change, it was literally a game changer. Any player who changes a game should be included, whether it’s Moura’s bumblefuckup or Danjuma’s goal.

Romeros penalty changed the game for the worse but he had a chance to put it right....Moura didn't. Its a skewed rating.

One person can have a big gripe with a players performance and slate him in words. Another can give a glowing review. How can you measure the fors and against without numbers ?
The ratings provide the basis for discussion and a consensus.
You don’t need player ratings to instigate a discussion and any consensus in numerical form doesn’t really mean much to me personally.

Bottom line: I don’t really rate player ratings.

I give them a 2 :sonlol:

Who's right ?

giphy.gif

I dunno about anyone else; but I absolutely LOVE this new ratings system...... Feels like the truth is right there at my finger tips.......

Watch out world; I haves tha DATA!

tumblr_mi6kjdPQSa1rhly2xo1_500.gif

You don’t need player ratings to instigate a discussion and any consensus in numerical form doesn’t really mean much to me personally.

Bottom line: I don’t really rate player ratings.

I give them a 2 :sonlol:

Your personal opinion. Its not really conducive to discussion to debunk a wide spectrum of opinion because its in the form of numbers.

Back
Top Bottom