Players made for Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Over the years there's always been a few players I've been drawn to and you get this feeling they're going to join us at some point, they're just perfect fits.

Most recent for me is Eriksen, I was aware of him very early with Ajax and just felt it would happen.

Lennon was another when I first saw him.

Currently, Lamptey would be the player first time I saw him play would be the target so will be interesting if we get him in the end how he turns out.

Sterling is another I wouldn't be surprised to see with us at some point.

Who are the players you saw and just knew they were spurs players, for good or bad.

I also thought Zokora was going to be our top man when he arrived so I'm definitely not a legend detector...

I get strong Spurs almost Moussa Sissoko (not a race thing) style vibes from Ibrahim Sangare and I think it goes down to the strong attitude and personality of the player.

If we're thinking of a Frankenstein's monster type of player based on the last 30 years I'd say:

The knees of Ledley

The turning speed of Huddlestone

The stomach of Peter Reid

The shooting ability of Zokora

The impact of Gilberto

The passing of Lloris

The attitude of Ghaly

The sobriety of Chiriches

The brains of Kyle Walker

The charisma of Jamie Redknapp

Jamie Redknapp (regrettably)

Scott Parker. Wish we'd got him a lot sooner.

Which are two very different players.

As for who do I think are nailed on typical Spurs kind of players, and by that I mean legendary Spursy flavoured glass missiles: Ledley King and Darren Anderton as prime examples. Jamie Redknapp would have fitted here if he'd of come sooner.

Edit: was so happy when we finally got Sessegnon considering how long we'd been chasing him...

Edit, edit: always genuinely happy to see an academy player break through.

Edit, edit, edit: favourites are the surprises, Modric, Rafa, Son etc

Last edited:
If we're thinking of a Frankenstein's monster type of player based on the last 30 years I'd say:

The knees of Ledley

The turning speed of Huddlestone

The stomach of Peter Reid

The shooting ability of Zokora

The impact of Gilberto

The passing of Lloris

The attitude of Ghaly

The sobriety of Chiriches

The brains of Kyle Walker

The charisma of Jamie Redknapp
So you’re saying we should sign Jack Wilshere?

(He’s on a free :levywhoa:)

David Ginola!
I remember the first time I saw him at a live game, obviously against Newcastle, and he left Dean Austin eating turf. Probably the only time I have celebrated an opposition goal 🤭.
Can't tell you how many of my friends rang me to see if I heard the news that we had signed him. One of the best days of my life!!

Back
Top Bottom