Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thread says: "players worth keeping an eye on."
But since you apparently know exactly which player who will make it and who will not even at the age of 16-17, why don't you come up with your suggestions?
Even better, maybe you should apply to be a scout at Spurs with your in-depth knowledge :cool:
Always wondered about this...always seems the supportive evidence for keeping an eye on someone is that they are very young and have a YT compilation and not because a poster has actually watched the player a couple times. How does one know a player should have eyes kept on him if the sole basis is having watched a YT comp?

The thread says: "players worth keeping an eye on."
But since you apparently know exactly which player who will make it and who will not even at the age of 16-17, why don't you come up with your suggestions?
Even better, maybe you should apply to be a scout at Spurs with your in-depth knowledge :cool:
Don’t let them bother you, many of us appreciate the videos/suggestions, wherever the are found.

Spaghetti against the wall...
Who Knows Idk GIF by Monica Vaswani

Always wondered about this...always seems the supportive evidence for keeping an eye on someone is that they are very young and have a YT compilation and not because a poster has actually watched the player a couple times. How does one know a player should have eyes kept on him if the sole basis is having watched a YT comp?

Why are you assuming so much? No, I do not base my posts in this thread on youtube clips but on what other people – who have actually watched those players many a times – says about them.

Why take it so darn serious? Neither me nor any other who post in this thread are scouts so it’s not as if the club are going out to buy these players by reading our posts anyway.

I personally simply find it interesting each time someone mentions a player I haven’t heard of and am not bothered if I agree or disagree with the poster. Just enjoy the fun.

Besides, what is your idea of “worth keeping an eye on” anyway? Many youngsters who were considered “not worthy” later made it , while others who were “worthy” didn't live up to their early promises and later on become “non-worthy”. You don’t know for sure – and neither do I, nor even top scouts.
Neither van de Ven nor Harry Kane were seen as top prospect in their teens; while there are plenty of examples of top youth prospect not making the grade despite of early promises.

And if one should follow your standards there would hardly be any posts in the thread. But just put me on ignore - that will save you a lots of stress and distress.

And since you are such an expert why don’t you post more of players you think is worth watching?! You must be knowing at least 10-15 prospect who are sure to make the grade and become top quality players, and all worthy of becoming Spurs players. I’ll be waiting….

But often case, those who complain in this thread are often those who does not post at all.

Last edited:
Why are you assuming so much? No, I do not base my posts in this thread on youtube clips but on what
other people – who have actually watched those players many a time – says about them. In fact, in most case those people who have in fact watched the players more than 2 times.

Why take it so darn serious? Neither me nor any other who post in this thread are scouts so it’s not as if the club are going out to buy these players by reading out posts anyway.

I personally simply find it interesting each time someone mentions a player I haven’t heard and am not bothered if I agree or disagree with the poster. Just enjoy the fun.

Besides, what is your idea of “worth keeping an eye on” anyway? Many youngsters who were considered “worthy” later made , while others who were “worthy” didn't live up to their early promises and later on become “non-worthy”. You don’t know for sure – and neither do I, nor even top scouts.
Neither van de Ven nor Harry Kane were seen as top prospect in their teens; while there are plenty of examples of top youth prospect not making the grade; Onomha, Moriba and Matty Longstaff are 3 of many examples of that (well, Moriba is still young but nowhere near the player he was predicted to be at this stage).

And if one should follow your standards there would hardly be any posts in the thread. But since you are so easily annoyed by my posts just put me and the other posters who annoy on ignore - it could save you plenty of stress. Or even better, stop reading the thread as most posters anyway won’t live up your, errr… standards.

And since you are such an expert why don’t you post more of players you think is worth watching?! You must be knowing at least 10-15 prospect who are sure to make the grade and become top quality players, and all worthy of becoming Spurs players. I’ll be waiting….

But often case, those who complain in this thread are often those who does not post at all.

Lots of words.

Fuck Off would have done it

No, I do not base my posts in this thread on youtube clips but on what other people – who have actually watched those players many a times – says about them.
Out of interest, who from? Twitter accounts like Rising Ballers and TheSecretScout? Was never sure if you were just posting ones with high potential on fifa and thats why you were posting the fifa stats. Only seen Archie Gray with England youth who looked decent but heard of all the Leeds ones you posted the other day. Heard Harry Gray might switch to playing for Scotland and heard City and Chelsea are interested in Gorman (as they seem to be every decent scholarship player).

Out of interest, who from? Twitter accounts like Rising Ballers and TheSecretScout? Was never sure if you were just posting ones with high potential on fifa and thats why you were posting the fifa stats. Only seen Archie Gray with England youth who looked decent but heard of all the Leeds ones you posted the other day. Heard Harry Gray might switch to playing for Scotland and heard City and Chelsea are interested in Gorman (as they seem to be every decent scholarship player).
He's a parrot, no clue about the game.

He's a parrot, no clue about the game.
Says a person who's world renown for his football knowledge ... in his delusional mind :D
Keep coming with your insults, I don't mind it nor will it deter me from posting.
And your miserable state of mind won't affect me, sorry. No, well, I am not sorry :D I know it's part of life that every chat forum will attract negative jerks like you who's life purpose is just to blast out negativity just for the sake of it - reflecting their miserable state of mind.
PS! If you actually did read the name of this thread you'd see that it's about players "worth to keep an eye on" so it's better you don't visit this thread as you obvious you get upset and angry seeing such players being mentioned :D

Last edited:
First I go into to various scouting sites (those guys are generally footy nerds)to look for opinions and then into various fans sites (depending of how interesting I find the player) and I've watched the player play (which happens less now a days I must admit).
The FIFA stats I simply post for those who are interested in getting a fair view of the player (and instead of just typing a name) or I post Transfermarkt to give an idea of which position the player plays in. I know that FIFA isn't always exact (and sometimes totally off) but at least it can give an rough idea about the player.
And although I often do post the compulsory Youtube clip I don't go by those because those highlight clips can never give a wholesome idea of a player - particularly defenders and 'keepers - and also give a totally wrong - or no - impression (or about a player.
However, I am fully aware that just a few of the players will turn into quality footballers, while the rest will become a little above or below average at best.
But I personally like to read about new talents and like it when others post names I may never have heard of or giving another opinion that I had or simply reconfirming that the player has (lots of) potential.
I presumed (in a few cases wrongly so) that those who clicked on this particular thread did so out or interest in reading about "worthy" players rather than lose their temper over seeing someone's who does post here :cool:

Back
Top Bottom