Playing for the Futures?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the great results in Bolton and Newcastle (subject to a further great in Munich) we're looking good for a positive summer and next season. More progression. But not everyone will be on the SS Tottenham next season, so who's playing for their futures in these last 2 games?

For me, primarily is H Redknapp. I want him gone regardless, a viewpoint I've made several times in several places. Like a dog marking his territory on trees and blogposts. But perhaps I am not in the minority here, in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm part of a significant majority, but all for varying reasons. For me, it's because I'll never believe he is there for anything or anyone other than him. The recent debacle of results, constant lowering of goals and expectations, and flirtation with the FA and all that came with it, proved what a lot of us suspected. Harry is in it for Harry, and when the SS Tottenham started taking on water, rather than Bale water (from the left hand side, obviously) he was calling a private chopper to come winch him, and him alone, to safety.

So what about some others? Gallas, another year? Others? I guess it's hard when Harry doesn't rotate!

Well being that 'Arry will now probably never manage England this (unless Chelsea approach him or Fergie retires before him, the latter being highly unlikely) this is going to be his highest level and will for his own personal reasons will strive to end his career with a bang, so I'm happy he stays as long as he does that. Not criticising your reasons of not wanting to keep Harry, but by your reasonings you would want most of the team out, as they are near enough all here to progress their careers.

Players who I would like for us to get rid off are Saha, Nelson, Bassong, Corluka, Kranjcar, Gomes, Cudicini, Dos Santos, Bentley and Jenas. All for the soul purpose that they don't have a future at the club and we can get some half decent cash for a few of these to add to the rest of kitty that has been sitting there waiting to be sent on a couple of World Class players that we so badly need.

If we can pull off some divine miracle and sign Eden Hazard, I'll be more than happy to show Modric the door as well, maybe we should just do a straight swap, it will be good business as Hazard if not already will be a better player then Modders. Don't get me wrong, I love Modric at Spurs, but his attitude of 'I only play football to win big prizes' irritates me. (that wasn't an actual Modric quote by the way)

Other then that as long as Walker, Bale, Kaboul and Benoit Assou-Ekotto stay I'm happy

Back
Top Bottom