Please stop calling west ham fans "pikeys"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that I've had so much contact to the thieving, fighting little shit bags actually reinforces my use of the word. I'll stop calling them pikies when they stop acting like cunts

So if someone has only had negative encounters with black people they should called them 'Ni**er' or with Asian people call them 'P**i' etc etc.

Even if they are shit heads, 'pikey' is a racist term.

"In December 2008, at Lewes Magistrates' Court, Lee Coleman, 28, admitted using racially-aggravated threatening words and behaviour after a row with a nightclub manageress.
He had told her: "I'm not paying you, pikey." Source: BBC News

i think you'll find this is why they got the nickname... (notice the scarf young pike's wearing)

oh, and captain mainwering was absolutely right...

8cspurs8 8cspurs8

th_Wait-You-mad-bro.jpg

So if someone has only had negative encounters with black people they should called them 'Ni**er' or with Asian people call them 'P**i' etc etc.

Even if they are shit heads, 'pikey' is a racist term.

"In December 2008, at Lewes Magistrates' Court, Lee Coleman, 28, admitted using racially-aggravated threatening words and behaviour after a row with a nightclub manageress.
He had told her: "I'm not paying you, pikey." Source: BBC News
No it isn't, the term is directly related to their choice to live in caravans, not put anything into society and rob and terrorise people. Ask someone from Ireland what they think of pikeys and what they think of the UK putting up with them... You'll be surprised to say the least.

Edit: I love that some people think they are an ethnic group. It's hilarious, are we going to define chavs as an ethnic group as well?

Though I can't imagine a time where I owed money to either a pikey or a chav, so I'll probably be alright for the national press

No it isn't, the term is directly related to their choice to live in caravans, not put anything into society and rob and terrorise people. Ask someone from Ireland what they think of pikeys and what they think of the UK putting up with them... You'll be surprised to say the least.

Edit: I love that some people think they are an ethnic group. It's hilarious, are we going to define chavs as an ethnic group as well?

Though I can't imagine a time where I owed money to either a pikey or a chav, so I'll probably be alright for the national press

its not just a lifestyle, its a cultural thing because its been that way in their family for years back. just because irish people abuse them too doesnt make it ok.
the only travellers ive ever met were also fucking annoying and started on me for no reason but i aint gona assume theyre all like that

its not just a lifestyle, its a cultural thing because its been that way in their family for years back. just because irish people abuse them too doesnt make it ok.
the only travellers ive ever met were also fucking annoying and started on me for no reason but i aint gona assume theyre all like that

Well you should, because they are!

What kind of key can open any locked door?

A pikey.

Pikeys, gypsies, whatever you want to call them, are not a race, therefore calling them pikey isn't racist. Is it a bit cunty? Probably, but its not racist.

I know I know, I just didn't think you'd all jump on the bandwagon! Take the piss out of me other ways :(. And Cripps14 Cripps14 : me - :carrollwtf:

:vdvhmm:
you cant really be so shallow that you think this stuff means anything do you?

wait til you get a couple of stalkers like I've got, who come on and find all my posts and dislike them - as if I'm going to give a fuck - or something.

Its the internet, not everyone is going to share your opinions, let alone love them - unless all you want to do is post chest beating messages that mean nothing.

So, shall we stop using the term bastard as it is actually offensive to people who genuinely are that? Shall we stop using the term twat as people who watch Loose Women might find it offensive? Honestly, too many people nowadays spend their lives trying to find some way that they can take offence, and then maybe make some money or get some publicity out of it. I'm mixed race and I've had all kinds of insults thrown at me in my time. Most were probably deserved or just part of what used to be banter and taking the piss. We seem to have become a nation of geeky kids from school who are all too eager to run into the headmaster's office and pretend to be upset. It's pathetic. If you're being insulted then maybe think about why (although expecting WH fans to have anything remotely resembling a thought process is at best a tad naive).

you cant really be so shallow that you think this stuff means anything do you?

wait til you get a couple of stalkers like I've got, who come on and find all my posts and dislike them - as if I'm going to give a fuck - or something.

Its the internet, not everyone is going to share your opinions, let alone love them - unless all you want to do is post chest beating messages that mean nothing.

No of course not. That's true, and I agree. But that isn't the case here is it? I can understand if someone genuinely disagrees or doesn't like something I say, that's understandable. But that's not what happened...

Back
Top Bottom