Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
If Poch leaves.....I'd take Brendan Rodgers.
190818104024663225.png

While I'm very much not Poch Out, it does appear (to me, at least) that when I see Jose's punditry for Sky, he talks about us in the manner of someone wanting to keep their bridges very much un-burnt in case the managerial job becomes available.

Either that or he just talks sense, and sense dictates that we should get a fair hearing as opposed to the usual narrative-driven twaddle from those knobhead pundits.
:allitongue:

At the end of the day, the Spurs job is now a very attractive prospect. Top stadium in London, excellent training facilities and some great young players in the squad.

Poch may be feeling the pressure of expectation; which is why he is so keep to always play down our chances. For example, he has already said the title is a 2 horse race. 4 games in this is a ridiculous statement and instead he should be firing up hype machine.

Our loss to Newcastle and comments from our coach about unrest in dressing room fuelled the enthusiasm of both the Woolwich players and fans; giving them confidence they could win the tie. We needed a nervy performance from Woolwich and negativity from their fans. With that comeback Woolwich now have a spring in their step and may go on a good run.

At the end of the day, the Spurs job is now a very attractive prospect. Top stadium in London, excellent training facilities and some great young players in the squad.

Poch may be feeling the pressure of expectation; which is why he is so keep to always play down our chances. For example, he has already said the title is a 2 horse race. 4 games in this is a ridiculous statement and instead he should be firing up hype machine.

Our loss to Newcastle and comments from our coach about unrest in dressing room fuelled the enthusiasm of both the Woolwich players and fans; giving them confidence they could win the tie. We needed a nervy performance from Woolwich and negativity from their fans. With that comeback Woolwich now have a spring in their step and may go on a good run.
It is a 2 horse race tho

It is a 2 horse race and was always going to be

Poch needs money to spend. Thats all
Ndombele, Sessengon and GLC ain’t to shabby though, no matter who we buy if poch just plays his favourites it won’t make any difference , I’m one of his biggest fans but he shouldn’t be free from criticism, take Sunday for example why didn’t he bring on Lucas instead of dele?

Poch "there wasn't (sic) any players available that we felt improved what we had" not sure what anyone could have done about that on our budget.

Unless he's been lying to make himself look bad and Levy look good, people are just making stuff up, I'm sure Poch wanted to sign a dozen players in 2018 but they weren't available at the fees, or the salaries, we could then afford .... Poch's words not mine and the reality which we lived in at the time.

Why still talk about 2018 when we've just had 2019? Poch now has pretty much the entire squad that made the CL Final (no Tripps or Llorente) plus three new quality signings .... we should be getting better

This year will be transitioning the old to the new ... fans of the "now, now, now" persuasion will post endlessly that's it's a disaster, Levy's a cunt, Poch needs sacking, all the players are shit, sadly we all know that's going to happen ... but fans who've seen it all before will accept that the new "five year plan" is designed to pay off in years four and five not in year one .... a bit of patience is required

That said with the massive squad we now have a domestic cup win must be a real possibility, Poch would be foolish not to give them some serious focus this year.

I'm not so sure that he didn't want players last summer but at the time it did seem dependent in our shifting out a few.

On this issue anyway I think we're on the same page, it's obvious we're at the beginning of the rebuild of a newish team and people should be patient. I think Poch deserves this from the fans based on all his good work.

As for domestic cups. Every team in the PL and even Championship rotates their squad especially in the earlier rounds. We're no different. There's also the luck of the draw to consider. I don't think anyone can make winning a domestic cup their main target, I really don't. If it happens then great but the more people make it an issue the more it becomes one. I'd like to see us win a cup but I wouldn't make it our priority.

Right, time for the naysayers to put up or shut the fuck up.

Who do they think we can realistically bring in that will deliver on the following:

1) Close the gap on the Dippers and Citeh.

2) Win at least one trophy EVERY season.

3) Deliver exciting attacking football.

4) Get his tactics spot on EVERY single game.

5) Give bland non-controversial press conferences.

6) Be able to achieve all of this whilst working under Levy and the ownership of ENIC.

Go on then!

1) Impossible to say. How do you know that Nuno Santo wouldnt win the title here?
People acting like when Poch arrived he was winning shit loads at a massive club or something....

Ther could be someone out there no one here has ever heard of. Remember when everyone laughed when Woolwich took the Grampus 8 manager. Haha, that was funny wasnt it...

2) No one has ever demanded that. But how about one Carling cup in 5 years? Is that doable?

3) Most of the PL and Champo managers.....Norwich are even more exciting to watch than us

4) No one has demanded that

5) Can be bland but what other manager constantly talks about the unrest in his squad

6) No one has demanded all of the above

Is this 2009 or 2019?!

Both of those managers are way past their peak. It would be a disgrace if either way of them were allowed to take over from Poch especially if that meant he had been sacked!
You can hear the narrative though ... proven winners, take us to the next level blah blah.

1) Impossible to say. How do you know that Nuno Santo wouldnt win the title here?
People acting like when Poch arrived he was winning shit loads at a massive club or something....

Ther could be someone out there no one here has ever heard of. Remember when everyone laughed when Woolwich took the Grampus 8 manager. Haha, that was funny wasnt it...

2) No one has ever demanded that. But how about one Carling cup in 5 years? Is that doable?

3) Most of the PL and Champo managers.....Norwich are even more exciting to watch than us

4) No one has demanded that

5) Can be bland but what other manager constantly talks about the unrest in his squad

6) No one has demanded all of the above

So.basically you just want anyone, couldn't care who just get Poch out of the club. You've had enough of him.

That's because you're a cunt Sammy.

:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom