Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Bang on....

Too many people dreaming of a manager who thinks getting to the final is enough.

Poch was fucking gutted and if he wasn’t he should have been sacked the same night.

No one should be satisfied with our place as nearly men, not the chairman, manager, players or fans.
Bang on the Money but we are nearly men and yet there are sections of the fanbase who are clearly happy to just be allowed to take part, the sort of people who promote every one gets a medal at sports days just for turning up " everyone is s winner at Saint Barnabas" those people.

Haven't created anything just stating what you said about creating this scenario in your head that if we're not close to the top 4 by October then he has to go. It doesn't work like that.
Errrm where did I say he has to go ?? Once again re read. I mention alarm bells but that's all. FFS stop misquoting me.

Disrespect to Poch, this thread. Couple of the same old fellas trying to put their agenda up there. Like they are neutral about Poch.

Did he failed in his 5 years? Overall? Did he failed? There's answer to your question, boring moaning cunts!
I am not Poch out or whatever but that is a pretty poor line of argumentation.

Was Wenger a failure in his years at Woolwich? No sadly not but the past 10 years were dog shit and I think they really serve as a cautionary tale of what happens when you blindly stay loyal to underperforming managers who are not only failing to win trophies but are also spreading negativity around the club.

Sometimes managers, like players, just lose the hunger, skill, passion. I think Poch needs to change soon or I doubt he'll be here next year - either he will resign or he will be fired - unless he can mentally turn it around.

And fuck all y'all who say Poch has won nothing.

59158a0438d4c9189d000003.jpg

Not even going to dignify this thread with a serious reply. Just looking at the state of some of you and shaking my head in shame. Oh ye of little faith. You've learned nothing from your time following this club.

Not even going to dignify this thread with a serious reply. Just looking at the state of some of you and shaking my head in shame. Oh ye of little faith. You've learned nothing from your time following this club.
Should have kept Redknapp. How could anyone doubt he'd win us the title and CL after getting us into the CL and doing so well against top teams!

We've definitely always regressed when we've changed managers too...

I wasn't going to reply to this, or even read through, as I love Poch and still think he's the best man for the job. But I don't like some of the comments he has made in his press conferences and I don't think he can use the excuse of maybe getting it mixed up in translation.

Should have kept Redknapp. How could anyone doubt he'd win us the title and CL after getting us into the CL and doing so well against top teams!

Cant believe I'm having to say this, but Redknapp screwed himself out of the best job he ever had, by trying to out fox Daniel Levy, when he didn't get the England job!

We haven't always regressed ...
Santini replaced by Jol
Ramos replaced by Redknapp
Sherwood replaced by Poch

All of those were a big step forward.

I am not Poch out or whatever but that is a pretty poor line of argumentation.

Was Wenger a failure in his years at Woolwich? No sadly not but the past 10 years were dog shit and I think they really serve as a cautionary tale of what happens when you blindly stay loyal to underperforming managers who are not only failing to win trophies but are also spreading negativity around the club.

Sometimes managers, like players, just lose the hunger, skill, passion. I think Poch needs to change soon or I doubt he'll be here next year - either he will resign or he will be fired - unless he can mentally turn it around.
Woolwich won the league 3 times under Wenger. Of course they're gonna fell like they've been average, but it's not failure to reach top 4. Where were we before Poch? Pretty poor comparison.

I don't know what's going on here, its' been 4 fucking weeks into new season and remarks about Poch being fired or resigned are outhere lol.

I heard Poch said he's looking forward to the new season, to the new players and to the new challenge. Spreding negativity, bs

Poch gave us couple of really good years, we weren't anywhere near challenging or even finishing in top 4 consistent. Now, couple months of bad form/results and he should be sacked? 4 games into new season and some of you questioning him? State of you.

Errrm where did I say he has to go ?? Once again re read. I mention alarm bells but that's all. FFS stop misquoting me.
This whole debate with you was about you not agreeing with me that Poch must stay, so obviously you want him out. Get a grip and make up your mind ffs.

I back Poch most of the time and I will continue to do it unless he fails miserably, which you're hoping to. Let's not pretend like it any different. You're not alone, Woolwich fans with Wenger were the same.

Nobody is hoping Poch fails you thick cunt.
Are you hoping Levy fails to be right?
Dick

The difference is that some people think our football is poor, his subs are poor in many games, we still struggle against crap teams, we still struggle to take a good set piece, we still struggle to score from a set piece, he has changed our tactics to the detriment of our best players, he has failed to look at the RB position, he has dropped Jan, dropped Eriksen then played them so the messages are mixed, he has made too many poor comments and won nothing.

Any of that you disagree with? Because if so then you’re not as Spurs as you think you are. You can’t be if any of that comes as a surprise to you.

Some people wouldn’t mind a change now. Some want to wait and see in January if there’s an improvement.
Some want to continue as we are and are satisfied.

It really is no more than that.

No one gives a fuck that you think you are more loyal than them.

This whole debate with you was about you not agreeing with me that Poch must stay, so obviously you want him out. Get a grip and make up your mind ffs.

You originally posted
All the fans who want Poch out where ever not born or didn’t support Spurs in the 90’s
What an utterly ridiculous and unfounded statement to make but I never tried to argue with such an insane suggestion..(why would any logically minded person even attempt to do that :thumbdown: ). Then you added
3 games in and Poch has become a clueless idiot
To which I pointed out
When are you going to realise that people are not talking of just the games this season but where we have left off from the last campaign. There has been no significant change/improvement in our performances against what should be regarded as inferior opposition and that is worrying.

At no point in our discussions have I said Poch must not stay. I stated
The period between now and the Liverpool game Oct 27th should clearly indicate if that is a definite pattern or something we have overcome. When Spurs walk off the pitch at Anfield if they do not have a top four place then alarm bells should be ringing.

Your ability to manipulate and reformulate the truth literally holds no bounds but anyone who looks back on our posts will realise that I stated my personal assessment of the situation and you then translated it into an entirely different scenario just to try and be confrontational.....You failed, miserably.
Now unless you can have a serious and coherent debate with someone without turning their words into whatever dialogue suits you best I strongly recommend you find someone else to try and embarrass, because I can assure you that with me you will fail miserably.

I back Poch most of the time and I will continue to do it unless he fails miserably, which you're hoping to. Let's not pretend like it any different. You're not alone, Woolwich fans with Wenger were the same.

Yes you got us we want Poch to fail clearly.

I just go on about silverware for the shits and giggles - I just love not seeing with anything for 11 years.

Did you even support us then?

Back
Top Bottom