Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
New poster. Long term reader of the site. Does anyone else feel this has gone to pieces since Mourinho had the sack? Did Poch feel he was the number one choice to take over?

This situation now has a sense of sadness behind it, not even angry anymore. On a human level, I don’t want Poch gone, but given Levy won’t sack himself where else is there to go now ?

These results are generational. They are so bad that we will always remember them. The performances are so very inept that they will be used as the comparison for future bad results, the same way we look at Ipswich away in the early 00’s or people look at Liverpool away in the 70’s, Port Vale in the 87 season.

How this mess has developed is the most perplexing of things. So much there of the elite level, stadium / training ground / players - yet fail to turn up at a game in Brighton, days after one of the biggest stains ever on British Football in terms of results. It’s ridiculous and we are rightly being ridiculed.

Now, more than ever, we need to see some decisions, we need to see a plan and a direction, but I fear we won’t, because we never really seem to. Time for Levy to not be a fucking coward. Sort it out. Back the manager. He won’t.

Poch, to his huge credit called this situation many months ago, maybe even at the end of the 17/18 season. He said it needed to change and a new direction set, he was ( now with hindsight) totally honest that this group had gone the distance and needed changing. Levy reacted by signing no one.

I suspect Poch anticipated the board backing him this last summer and and yet they did not, again. They fucked about and delivered injured players, punts on loan deal and a 60 million pound midfielder whom is, at best, questionable. It was never going to be enough. Again the manager called it. Jack Clark was signed and Poch never wanted him. Sessegnon pretended to be a big signing, but he was not ever that. It’s awful really.

The coaching team got players who were not up to speed, and then as a result they are forced to play those players who they needed to move on. All the time trying to do the impossible to keep players happy who knew they are not actually wanted around anymore.

If players like Eriksen, Toby or Jan were valued they would have contracts that reflected their contributions and status. Yet tellingly they are still on deals that were under market rate 4 years ago.

I don’t think Poch is being too loyal, more he’s being forced to play those he has long since said need to be jogged on, he has no choice to pick those players whom are compromised.

All roads lead back to Levy.

Here’s something I heard this past week, the day after Ndombele was signed the club made cuts to contracted staff. That sounded ridiculous, but on reflection, maybe not! £1 spent = £1 recovered. That’s the Levy way Look at the stunt with the shirts that was reported, they don’t “invest” they use the money the club makes to invest.

Over 20 years now almost everything that Spurs have done under Levy has had an air of the cheap about it and it’s boring as fuck.

Some people counter the lack of investment by pointing at the stadium and going “ohhh”. But fuck the stadium. That’s doing us no favours and it’s all part of a wider land deal anyway, the football club was used as leverage to buy up cheap land and property. ENIC will clean up on property long before we have recovered from the sale of Kane.

And is that Stadium is even “our” home anymore? The football club feels like an anchor tenant in what was once our own stadium. When you are getting wankers turn up dressed in Fenerbahce shirts, caps and with flags in the home end during a champions league game then you really do have to question what this club has become ( fact by the way, it happened on Tuesday )

No one really cares, as long as the coin is spent then no questions seem to be asked, That is the Levy way 4th is cheaper than winning and as Dickens wrote, darkness is cheap, and Scrooge liked it.

Tonight, because I really actually do care I hope Daniel Levy feels as bad as everyone of us and wakes up tomorrow, like Scrooge on Christmas morning, and begins to sort this bloody mess out. It’s on him, not just the manager ( or is it coach ?)

To end my ( pointless rant ) It’s a fucking mess. And a disgrace and could end in relegation, but then “We are too big to go down!” ? Are we not ?

Silence.

Last edited:
So last summer, when Poch was crying out for new signings, saying now was the time for a brave approach, he was backed by Levy?
Despite signing absolutely fucking nobody at a crucial time, when in Poch's own words, we were so close, in your opinion, Levy backed his manager?

Because quite frankly neither I or any other Spurs fan should give a fuck what Klopp gets or does not get at Liverpool it's the support our manager gets from Levy thats important.

And if you seriously think Pochettino has been adequately backed and supported these past few years, despite what people likeJermain Jenas was saying today, despite half our team running down their contracts, despite the club announcing world record breaking profits, your'e even more deluded than I ever thought before.

You wanna talk deluded...
Who was the cunt who said
"Wouldn't surprise me if Levy is paying Archways legal bills"

This situation now has a sense of sadness behind it, not even angry anymore. On a human level, I don’t want Poch gone, but given Levy won’t sack himself where else is there to go now ?

These results are generational. They are so bad that we will always remember them. The performances are so very inept that they will be used as the comparison for future bad results, the same way we look at Ipswich away in the early 00’s or people look at Liverpool away in the 70’s, Port Vale in the 87 season.

How this mess has developed is the most perplexing of things. So much there of the elite level, stadium / training ground / players - yet fail to turn up at a game in Brighton, days after one of the biggest stains ever on British Football in terms of results. It’s ridiculous and we are rightly being ridiculed.

Now, more than ever, we need to see some decisions, we need to see a plan and a direction, but I fear we won’t, because we never really seem to. Time for Levy to not be a fucking coward. Sort it out. Back the manager. He won’t.

Poch, to his huge credit called this situation many months ago, maybe even at the end of the 17/18 season. He said it needed to change and a new direction set, he was ( now with hindsight) totally honest that this group had gone the distance and needed changing. Levy reacted by signing no one.

I suspect Poch anticipated the board backing him this last summer and and yet they did not, again. They fucked about and delivered injured players, punts on loan deal and a 60 million pound midfielder whom is, at best, questionable. It was never going to be enough. Again the manager called it. Jack Clark was signed and Poch never wanted him. Sessegnon pretended to be a big signing, but he was not ever that. It’s awful really.

The coaching team got players who were not up to speed, and then as a result they are forced to play those players who they needed to move on. All the time trying to do the impossible to keep players happy who knew they are not actually wanted around anymore.

If players like Eriksen, Toby or Jan were valued they would have contracts that reflected their contributions and status. Yet tellingly they are still on deals that were under market rate 4 years ago.

I don’t think Poch is being too loyal, more he’s being forced to play those he has long since said need to be jogged on, he has no choice to pick those players whom are compromised.

Here’s something I heard this past week, the day after Ndombele was signed the club made cuts to contracted staff. That sounded ridiculous, but on reflection, maybe not! £1 spent = £1 recovered. That’s the Levy way Look at the stunt with the shirts that was reported, they don’t “invest” they use the money the club makes to invest.

Over 20 years now almost everything that Spurs have done under Levy has had an air of the cheap about it and it’s boring as fuck.

Some people counter the lack of investment by i at the stadium and going “ohhh”. But fuck the stadium. That’s doing us no favours and it’s all part of a wider land deal, the club used to buy up cheap land and property. ENIC will clean up long before we have recovered from the sale of Kane.

And that Stadium is not even “our” home anymore. The club feels like an anchor tenant in what was our own stadium. When you are getting wankers turn up dressed in Fenerbahce shirts, caps and with flags in the home end during a champions league game then you really do have to question what this club has become ( fact by the way, it happened on Tuesday )

No one really cares, as long as the coin is spent then no questions seem to be asked, That is the Levy way 4th is cheaper than winning and as Dickens wrote, darkness is cheap, and Scrooge liked it.

Tonight, because I really actually do care I hope Daniel Levy feels as bad as everyone of us and wakes up tomorrow, like Scrooge on Christmas morning and begins to sort this bloody mess out. It’s on him, not just the manager ( or is it coach ?)

To end my ( pointless rant ) It’s a fucking mess. And a disgrace and could end in relegation, but then “We are too big to go down!” ? Are we not ?

Silence.
Excellent post, mate.

Some people counter the lack of investment by pointing at the stadium and going “ohhh”. But fuck the stadium. That’s doing us no favours and it’s all part of a wider land deal anyway, the football club was used as leverage to buy up cheap land and property. ENIC will clean up on property long before we have recovered from the sale of Kane.

And is that Stadium is even “our” home anymore? The football club feels like an anchor tenant in what was once our own stadium. When you are getting wankers turn up dressed in Fenerbahce shirts, caps and with flags in the home end during a champions league game then you really do have to question what this club has become ( fact by the way, it happened on Tuesday )

Tonight, because I really actually do care I hope Daniel Levy feels as bad as everyone of us and wakes up tomorrow, like Scrooge on Christmas morning, and begins to sort this bloody mess out. It’s on him, not just the manager ( or is it coach ?)

Silence.

Quick question.

Was it impossible for us to beat Liverpool in the CL final due to the summer window?
They weren’t very good on the night.

If you think it was possible for us to win, then everything you just wrote is a load of shit

Jenas seems to be another one who forgot we he spent 130M.

Poch loaned out Clarke

Poch wanted Sessengon and agreed to sign an injured player

Poch left Lo Celso on the bench because he “wasn’t ready” and the fans applauded it

And Ndombele like everyone else looks fucking shit. He’s a record signing that the manager wanted.

How is that on Levy?

point taken
What about a right back, left back, back up striker, central midfielder, center back, 3 key player out of contract at the end of the season, players not happy. Is that on Levy?

So last summer, when Poch was crying out for new signings, saying now was the time for a brave approach, he was backed by Levy?
Despite signing absolutely fucking nobody at a crucial time, when in Poch's own words, we were so close, in your opinion, Levy backed his manager?

Because quite frankly neither I or any other Spurs fan should give a fuck what Klopp gets or does not get at Liverpool it's the support our manager gets from Levy thats important.

And if you seriously think Pochettino has been adequately backed and supported these past few years, despite what people likeJermain Jenas was saying today, despite half our team running down their contracts, despite the club announcing world record breaking profits, your'e even more deluded than I ever thought before.

We all agree he wasn't backed enough. So now just shut up and go back to the Levy out thread. The no backing up doesn't however explain there totally nonexistent match plans that Poch has been playing that last 10 months does it? The stubborn, or perhaps idiotic diamond he keeps playing even if we haven't won an away game in 2019 with it, the never ever any impact subs he keeps throwing in, like Davies for Rose at the 83d when down 2-1, and the crazier and crazier shit he's spewing to the media. The, let's play someone on right back that has never played there before when we have two right backs in the squad, the "want out players" constantly playing.

And even if that is Levy's fault, Poch should fucking quit, just to show his disgust at Levy's not backing him it up to the extent that Poch has become an idiot that doesn't see what everybody else sees.

Put the wrong name...just someone on Talksport regurgitating the expected sound bites. Team looked knackered and sad: not a dressing room problem - there was no dissent, no anger, no ‘points-to-prove’, just sadness. That’s people that don’t know what to do about it, when things aren’t going right anymore...it’s a team that have had the run of the green and aren’t getting it any more.

It looks like they’re all unified, but unified in their sadness and confusion. Poch is maybe too close with the players??

point taken
What about a right back, left back, back up striker, central midfielder, center back, 3 key player out of contract at the end of the season, players not happy. Is that on Levy?
Right backs was sold by Poch and the two remaining RBs haven’t been given priority of their own position.

LB Poch agreed to a 25M injured Champo teenager that 99% of this forum have been wanking over for two years.

CBs we have Jan, Toby, Sanchez and Foyth. Did you want another one in August?

Eriksen was deemed a priority keep. He was kept and then dropped.
Toby no one bid for and won’t sign. Poch dropped him two years ago, but made him first choice again.
Who’s the other one?

Players not happy is on the manager. There are already quotes from Trippier about behind the scenes and Sissoko about the shit diamond.

If you think the players are behind the manager, good for you.

Silence.
Probably the best post ever written on The Fighting Cock.
Or even on any football forum ever.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom