Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
8 games into the season is long enough?

Is this just willful ignorance at this point?

The only person mentioning 8 games is you. This has now been going on for 9 months, not 8 games.

We have lost the most amount of games in 2019 of any team in the Premier League. It's not an exaggeration to say this is relegation form. In fact, should those 9 months have spanned the course of a season, we would actually be scrapping for survival.

Your initial point also holds no weight, as we're having this discussion about a manager after 6 years, not his first 8 games (incidentally, in his last 8 games or so, we've lost to Colchester, lost to Brighton, lost to Leicester, let Bayern put 7 past us, lost at home to Newcastle, let a 2 goal lead slip to fucking Olympiacos & struggled against Southampton).

Just how much worse does it have to get for you?

I appreciate what he has done in his time here, but it's over. The relationship between these players (who aren't blameless) and this manager is finished. We aren't going to play our way out of this. Something drastic has to change, and unfortunately that is the manager.

Last edited:

The only person mentioning 8 games is you. This has now been going on for 9 months, not 8 games.

We have lost the most amount of games in 2019 of any team in the Premier League. It's not an exaggeration to say this is relegation form. In fact, should those 9 months have spanned the course of a season, we would actually be scrapping for survival.

Your initial point also hold no weight, as we're having this discussion about a manager after 6 years, not his first 8 games (incidentally, in his last 8 games or so, we've lost to Colchester, lost to Brighton, lost to Leicester, let Bayern put 7 past us, lost at home to Newcastle, let a 2 goal lead slip to fucking Olympiacos & struggled against Southampton).

I appreciate what he has done in his time here, but it's over. The relationship between these players (who aren't blameless) and this manager is finished. We aren't going to play our way out of this. Something drastic has to change, and unfortunately that is the manager.

Absolutely spot on and you’re being kind by not mentioning the 2-0 capitulation against a turd Woolwich team.

We are beyond bottle jobs right now

Absolutely spot on and you’re being kind by not mentioning the 2-0 capitulation against a turd Woolwich team.

We are beyond bottle jobs right now
This is not about defending Poch but I'd be interested in how you see things unfold for a new manager. They are appointed and what? They motivate a bunch of players that can't run around anymore? Can't be offloaded easily or quickly, or are duds. Then they're allowed to buy a couple of players each window after haggling for 6 weeks.
I've accepted that poch probably has to go - there was no reaction on Saturday so I think that's it. But most people on here that are reticent about the move are mindful of what has happened when we've got rid of a coach before. Potentially it's 2 appointments before we get it things better again or 3 years+ of rebuilding. We might luck out of course but we are Tottenham, when does that happen.

This is not about defending Poch but I'd be interested in how you see things unfold for a new manager. They are appointed and what? They motivate a bunch of players that can't run around anymore? Can't be offloaded easily or quickly, or are duds. Then they're allowed to buy a couple of players each window after haggling for 6 weeks.
I've accepted that poch probably has to go - there was no reaction on Saturday so I think that's it. But most people on here that are reticent about the move are mindful of what has happened when we've got rid of a coach before. Potentially it's 2 appointments before we get it things better again or 3 years+ of rebuilding. We might luck out of course but we are Tottenham, when does that happen.

For me a new manager that has the respcect of the squad is already a step in the right direction....play them to their strengths instead of their weaknesses in a system they clearly hate, and that will breed confidence and motivate.

Wouyld you perform the same for a boss you dont respect and whos methods you despise and cant perform well as one you respect, and gives you tasks that you enjoy and can execute to the best of your ability?

Poch IN.

‘You either back Pochettino or fuck off,’
‘You either back Pochettino, back Pochettino, back Pochettino or fuck off’

That applies to ENIC, players, or fans who try to bring a ‘Poch Out’ banner to a game.

Thanks. If this is real quotes, I think he's lost the players. Seems like it's time to change the manager.
He might well have lost the players but when the players are all in the twilight of their careers (Rose, Wanyama, Vertonghen, Toby etc) you bin them off not the Manager. Because a new manager will bin these players off when he arrives (assuming he's any good and not a new face and gets a new manager bounce for 5 games).

It's an old adage that it's cheaper to replace the manger than the vast majority of the team, which is true, but that's not so in our case.

A classic example is Klopp's last year at Dortmund where they spent most of it in the relegation zone. Rather than fight to keep their best ever manager (or one of them) they agreed to let him go so things could freshen up. Whilst their performances improved follow his move, the subsequent managers (there has been a handful) are yet to repeat what Klopp managed and they still lost many of their players.

We all know what Poch is capable of, he has also foresaw that a rebuild was needed, the club needs to allow him to make that rebuild. I think they will.

Poch IN.

That applies to ENIC, players, or fans who try to bring a ‘Poch Out’ banner to a game.

I hope we never ever do that

anyone who brings a banner like that should be banned for life!!

Poch IN.

So when does poch In become poch out for you?
lose to Watford and then Liverpool? When do we say enough is enough and it’s time for someone else?
im on his biggest fans but it looks to me like he wants out and the only thing holding him back is that if he walks it costs him £30 million?

He didn't get us to the final. It was an amazing run of luck as was our 4th place. Due to the poor playing of the other contenders. By the time he rebuilds the side, all our key players will have gone. Harry and Son want and deserve a trophy and they're not going to get it here. This ridiculous hero worship of Poch who can do no wrong is just people sticking their heads in the sand. You all need to face the reality that we are mediocre at best and something has to give. I'd also like to point out that the man who got us into the final spent the final on the bench. That was personal and may have cost us the title. Do you really want a manager who puts his personal likes and dislikes before the team? Because that's what we've got and they should kick his small minded arse out the door.
Woah! Pump the brakes! Pump the brakes!

I can understand you criticising him and wanting him out but refusing to acknowledge that he played no part in us getting to the final is not being objective. If you want to follow that logic I can say that bad luck caused us not to get higher than fourth, bad luck caused us to lose the champions league.

Poch can do wrong and I acknowledge that he has done wrong but any hero worship he get's from myself and others is well deserved. And I don't see anybody putting forward better solutions. Howe, potter untried and untested at this level. Mourinho and Benitez would cost too much money and can't work with Levy, The only solution I see is too rough this period out and see where we are at the end of the season. If Levy wants him out, that is the time to make a change.

It was a tough decision to leave Moura on the bench and certainly not personal, if he had left one of the best strikers in the world on the bench, he would have been slammed for that too.

Your initial point also holds no weight, as we're having this discussion about a manager after 6 years, not his first 8 games (incidentally, in his last 8 games or so, we've lost to Colchester, lost to Brighton, lost to Leicester, let Bayern put 7 past us, lost at home to Newcastle, let a 2 goal lead slip to fucking Olympiacos & struggled against Southampton).
Only a club like Real Madrid would sack their manager after CL qualification for next season and a CL final and thankfully we aren't them. We're a club who has won the league twice and even with our greatest side, didn't get to the European cup final and didn't win it. This season is far from done the previous 4 seasons he got a top 4 finish.

This thread started on the 26 of August, how come I didn't see anybody wanting him gone when we beat City in the quarter final or when we beat Ajax in the semi final or when we got to the final? Nobody was brave enough to start one at that point because they would have got their arse burnt if they did. So point about 8 games does hold weight.

A lot, lot worse than this.
I seen and experienced some epic, epic tottenham fails, this is light to me.

Why when Poch in his his 6th season and still cant change our weaknesses?
He still achieved the results if he didn't he would have been given an 8 million new contract, so Levy must have been happy with regardless of our weaknesses

Back
Top Bottom