Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its being reported Poch was sacked after a row with Levy. Poch wanted cameras at a cost of 80k around the club in order to film training sessions. His request was refused. A few days later the club installed Amazon cameras around the club for around the same cost. In order to film a documentary.

Disgusting if true!!

Its being reported Poch was sacked after a row with Levy. Poch wanted cameras at a cost of 80k around the club in order to film training sessions. His request was refused. A few days later the club installed Amazon cameras around the club for around the same cost. In order to film a documentary.

Disgusting if true!!
He was sacked because we have picked up 24 points in 25 games

Pretty sure there is nothing else to it to be honest

Sounds like complete bollocks. State of the art training ground ‘best in the world’ with no cameras installed already, really? Heard Poch was watching training from his office a lot of the time anyway. Just another shit stir imo

Disgusting if true!!
Why would we pay for amazon cameras?

He was sacked because we have picked up 24 points in 25 games

Pretty sure there is nothing else to it to be honest

If there is TRULY nothing more to it than that, then I think it's a shameful decision and Poch deserved more time.

I'm quite certain there's more to it than that. All was not well inside the club, it's been written on everyone's face and body language for months.

The results weren't good enough and performances fell off a cliff.

But on another note, and I'm speculating here, but in my opinion the Poch-Levy dynamic took a hammer blow at the farcical situation with the new stadium.

I have a feeling Poch would rather have stayed at the old place in hindsight where things were on the ascending curve rather than have to see his project put on hold and have the rug pulled from beneath him.

Because in his interviews he hated Wembley being the home experience the same way we all as supporters hated it. Wembley is a soulless bowl. It was supposed to be a one season transition and then we move into our new home and kick start. That didn't happen. We moved in a month before the end of last season. I think the constant delays and lack of clarity just made him as deflated as the rest of us fans. And it obviously never recovered.

If there is TRULY nothing more to it than that, then I think it's a shameful decision and Poch deserved more time.

I'm quite certain there's more to it than that. All was not well inside the club, it's been written on everyone's face and body language for months.
I really did love Poch as we all did and I am sad he has gone and that it ended this way

However I saw not even the faintest of signs that he was gonna turn this around , in fact it could be argued that we have been getting worse and worse , the performance against Sheffield Utd was quite frankly shameful

Am I the only one still in disbelief about all this? Seeing those photos of Mourinho taking training today are so surreal and a bit sickening to me. I feel depressed about football as a whole.

How good was this? I know we lost in the final (after a very dubious penalty call) but those games against Citeh and Ajax were among the most exciting I can recall. Poch’s passion in the celebrations.. I will miss him greatly. Hope Mourinho can bring more nights like these and perhaps even better them. But until then, thank you Poch. You’ll be fondly remembered.

Am I the only one still in disbelief about all this? Seeing those photos of Mourinho taking training today are so surreal and a bit sickening to me. I feel depressed about football as a whole.
Not really, I mainly feel excited about the match on Saturday and it will be very interesting to see how the team reacts to all this on the pitch.. And obviously which team he picks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom