Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
To me that doesn’t sound true. A top 4 side is not sacking their manager and even if they did if they are mostly likely very rich so could go for elite managers like Conte. The only way Potter is getting a top 4 team is to grab a team 5-10th and take them forward which would be us basically.
To be honest it sounds like Woolwich misinformation. A way to kick us for not being Top 4 currently. I take it with a pinch of salt.

To me that doesn’t sound true. A top 4 side is not sacking their manager and even if they did if they are mostly likely very rich so could go for elite managers like Conte. The only way Potter is getting a top 4 team is to grab a team 5-10th and take them forward which would be us basically.

I think more likely the point is he's happy with his current project for now unless top 4 comes calling (however unlikelyin the next year or two).

I hope you’re right but seems unlikely.
I am starting to buy in to the it’s Martinez narrative. which is extremely worrying.
Levy needs to pretend he has not overseen a clusterfuck of epic proportions, which he clearly has.
He knows whichever underwhelming option he hires the fans won’t be happy. So hire Martinez and say he
was always our number 1 target hence the delay. He will then double down on the bullshit, that the press were lying and we were never after any of the people mentioned .
He then toughs out the flack for Martinez but hopefully not the Preceding two months where Mable from his local Tesco even told him to Fuck off

Whoever is the next manager I see it as a temporary role. Like it or not we are in transition and getting a manager to deal with the first part of that - the out - doesn’t have to be a superstar.

If we got Valverde I would be happy we have more than a fall guy but It feels likely we will end with someone not from the top drawer.

Personally If we are going to look below the top drawer at Nuno or Martinez I would favour one of our own who has been largely successful wherever he has been. Chris Hughton. He has made average clubs good wherever he has gone.

I can’t promise he will be successful (assuming people define success as top 4) as our team has lost its mojo and it’s not easy to get that back. But I would love to see him back.
Problem is that he would turn us down as not having enough ambition ?

From a fan-base increasing perspective, it’s a bold move. Like getting an Indian player in, or maybe an Eskimo. I wouldn’t be against it, but she’d have the cards set against her from the off. Be very interesting at least.

kane would find it harder to leave, because of the outcry, too. “Kane hates women!”

This has levy all over it.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a manager who is actually good. Good managers build a team that is strong in defence and attack, they win matches and stay employed.

If you are only looking at managers who are unemployed as we are, most of them are going to be shit. Why would a manager who was sent away by Wolves be good enough for Tottenham?

Mostly correct although it is not entirely based on fact.

We sacked Pochettino so it is not always as it seems but agree on Santo. I can't see the ad valorem he would provide.

Well, that tells all about you. Emma Heays would do better than Jose.
She the Chelsea manager when they got their arses handed to them by the underdogs Barcelona on the "champions league" final?

The women's game is so far behind the men's game you might as well start looking at coaches for pub league teams.
It's not sexist,but it's a fact.
Let's not even get into the fact a woman doesn't belong in a men's dressing room, or the fact young men are walking testosterone and can't keep their dicks in their pants.

You do not ever trial this kind of lunacy at top level football for the entire world to see the clusterfuck that happens after.

Would be a genius idea from the perspective of Levy avoiding criticism because anybody that opposed her as a manager would instantly be labelled a sexist on social media and Levy would be universally praised for being the first chairman of a PL club to appoint a female manager.

I don't understand why the PL doesn't have female managers though at this point and obviously there are a bunch of sexist cunts that don't want it to change.

I wouldn't be happy with it because it would be yet again another sign that Levy is doing everything he possibly can to avoid hiring a manager that will demand success from him and ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom