Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Show your colours, fair play. You more "Mourinista" than Spurs fan then?

Come on.. Mourinho may have adopted tactics we didn't enjoy but the man's career is littered with trophies. I agree with him that winning trophies and getting his United side to 2nd was actually an achievement. Ole has had chances to win silverware and failed and his 2nd place was with better defenders.

Mourinho came to Spurs, got bargain bucket signings, started the season solidly then the same players that got the last coach sacked got Mourinho sacked.

You don't have to be a Mourinho fan to be able to look at the situation objectively. He was set up to fail at Spurs. Some on him and some on the club.

I've been saying it's Martinez since the end of May/start of June and I'm sticking by it. Before the euros started he refused to talk about his future when asked about the Spurs job and he is just the type Levy would want and would be prepared to wait for. Doesn't matter who Paratici talks to or wants Levy will always have the final say

Il be very surprised if it's anyone else. You can still get 6/1 at the bookies, lump on I say

Simply put.... We are in trouble.

There's no getting around it. We've missed the boat on every coach worth trying. Some of them may have persuaded Kane to knuckle down for another year. Some of them may have failed there but been able to use the cash to rebuild.

We're now down to rejects, lower level coaches, journeymen and complete unknowns.
They'll fail to persuade Kane to stay and may even inspire him to push harder to leave. They'll then be tasked with rebuilding with whatever change tightfist gives him from that sale.

The club is in a perilous state. The morale going into next season is going to be on the floor. There will be no positivity. No motivation. We will struggle to be top half.

We're embarrassing. We've become a complete circus.
ENIC have run us on a shoe string and now the laces have snapped the shoes will fall off.
Joined in February 2021, questions other support. I smell soccer.

Come on.. Mourinho may have adopted tactics we didn't enjoy but the man's career is littered with trophies. I agree with him that winning trophies and getting his United side to 2nd was actually an achievement. Ole has had chances to win silverware and failed and his 2nd place was with better defenders.

Mourinho came to Spurs, got bargain bucket signings, started the season solidly then the same players that got the last coach sacked got Mourinho sacked.

You don't have to be a Mourinho fan to be able to look at the situation objectively. He was set up to fail at Spurs. Some on him and some on the club.

Objectively speaking - IS Mourinho a top manager, or WAS Mourinho a top manager?

I actually think he did well early at Man U, not arguing there, but it also got progressively worse.

And regardless of bargain signings etc here, he had more than enough talent available to have done a hell of a lot better.

We were sold Mourinho 2.0, and we are a club that would take shitty results if we are seeing a plan in place and shape forming - he actually had the chance to be Mou2.0, to take the time to get there.

Instead he reverted to the worst of Mourinho 1.0, the burned out, dour, imaginationless version - and predictably things went very badly.

The club can always have done more, but IMHO the answer above is Mourinho WAS a top manager, not IS.

All our managers could be argued are set up to fail but Pochettino was outstanding upto his final year or so and Redknapp and Jol took the club forward, Jose took us backwards so under any measure he failed.

Jose has been in decline since leaving Real, he had just under £400m spent during his United period and the United fans mostly couldn’t wait to get him out even after a EL cup. His ability to motivate and above all his tactics are just not there anymore but when it comes down to it, it was Levy who hired a manager clearly in decline and it was Levy’s choice which has backfired so badly.

I would imagine most managers are fully aware of Levy and his ways now and a lot probably think it ain’t worth the bother. All of Levy pathologies have come home to roost for us and short of his resignation it’s difficult for the club to turn a new leaf.

Harlequins just won the Rugby Premiership with no proper manager. Maybe it’s the model to follow? Put Hugo as player-coach. Rather that than some of the other options being considered.

Mancini it is.

E4WY6-LWQAM7-46.jpg
In all seriousness, he has to be one of the top options now?

The squad was in a shambles before Jose even arrived, about 7 of them had 18 months or less left on their contracts and how many have been fucked off and we're worse for it?

Trippier left well before and talked about problems behind the scenes, Wanyama got fucked off, Dembele sold etc. This is far deeper than just a fucking manager.

Putting everything on Jose is completely short-sighted and sacking him before a Cup Final especially was ridiculous, especially with no one lined up to take over which was clearly the case because two months later and we're still fucking about.

The way Everton fans are reacting to Rafa possibly signing for them we could probably get Rafa fairly easily.

Also. It's only fucking football you blue scouse morons. Get a grip.

Objectively speaking - IS Mourinho a top manager, or WAS Mourinho a top manager?

I actually think he did well early at Man U, not arguing there, but it also got progressively worse.

And regardless of bargain signings etc here, he had more than enough talent available to have done a hell of a lot better.

We were sold Mourinho 2.0, and we are a club that would take shitty results if we are seeing a plan in place and shape forming - he actually had the chance to be Mou2.0, to take the time to get there.

Instead he reverted to the worst of Mourinho 1.0, the burned out, dour, imaginationless version - and predictably things went very badly.

The club can always have done more, but IMHO the answer above is Mourinho WAS a top manager, not IS.

Let's see how he does at Roma.
Would you be surprised if he goes there and wins something?
I certainly wouldn't.

All our managers could be argued are set up to fail but Pochettino was outstanding upto his final year or so and Redknapp and Jol took the club forward, Jose took us backwards so under any measure he failed.

Jose has been in decline since leaving Real, he had just under £400m spent during his United period and the United fans mostly couldn’t wait to get him out even after a EL cup. His ability to motivate and above all his tactics are just not there anymore but when it comes down to it, it was Levy who hired a manager clearly in decline and it was Levy’s choice which has backfired so badly.

I would imagine most managers are fully aware of Levy and his ways now and a lot probably think it ain’t worth the bother. All of Levy pathologies have come home to roost for us and short of his resignation it’s difficult for the club to turn a new leaf.

Mourinho didn't take us backwards. He just failed to pick us up from where we'd already fallen to. Most of us would have accepted the pragmatic football if we managed to build a winning mentality win the Ropey league and finish top 4. But he left us in the same state he joined us, a bunch of bottlers with a lack of discipline at the back and Kane doing most of the work.

You dont win 25 trophies in your career, the treble twice in different countries and become a useless coach overnight. Stop being blinded by your hatred for Mourinho. He wasn't a good fit for Spurs and both have moved on but he definitely isn't a bad coach. Will you say Ancelotti is a bad coach because he didn't win anything with Everton and Napoli???

Mourinho didn't take us backwards. He just failed to pick us up from where we'd already fallen to. Most of us would have accepted the pragmatic football if we managed to build a winning mentality win the Ropey league and finish top 4. But he left us in the same state he joined us, a bunch of bottlers with a lack of discipline at the back and Kane doing most of the work.

The football got worse. Some of the games last season was among the worst football I have ever seen at the lane and I include the 90’s fully in that, it was more depressing than AVB. A manager can do two things, entertain or get success, he did neither.

Back
Top Bottom