Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hope we stay away from Ten Hag, nothing about him is exciting. Another manager that's getting old without hardly setting a foot outside of the Netherlands. When's the last time there was a good Dutch manager in England or any of the top 5 leagues anyway? It's a dead football country

Hope we stay away from Ten Hag, nothing about him is exciting. Another manager that's getting old without hardly setting a foot outside of the Netherlands. When's the last time there was a good Dutch manager in England or any of the top 5 leagues anyway? It's a dead football country
Ten Hag plays the kind of football we all want to watch and his mentor was Pep. His Ajax side play some great stuff and I think he would be a perfect fit for us tbh.

I'd really like to hear some opinions from the people voting for Gerrard. Are we that desperate or is it a joke vote?

I think I can explain that as I voted for Gerrard.

We all know that Levy hangs on these polls and Jose was sacked when the votes finally went against him. I managed to charge for my services in order to change my vote at the 11th hour. My bribe was paid by getting Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman to post a Jose emoji after swearing she would never do it again.

You can keep your bitcoin and crypto cuntecy. This is a sound investment.

If we get a DOF then they should be picking the next manager...doing it any other way is asking for problems from the off
This is partially why I am in love with Potter. He has been with Kyle Macaulay, Brighton's scout, since his days in Sweden. May not be a DOF, but he has the same vision Potter does, which means a great deal.

I really don't trust the Dutch at all when it comes to football. There's a theory that Eredivise games are mostly scripted and they let particular players score lots of goals so English clubs will pay lots of money for them. Each clubs takes it in turn, a few years ago it was AZ Alkmaar's turn and we all know what happened then - we ended up paying nearly 20 million for a footballing potato.

Last edited:
I really don't trust the Dutch at all when it comes to football. There's a theory that Eredivise games are mostly scripted and they let particular players scores lots of goals so English clubs will pay lots of money for them. Each clubs takes it in turn, a few years ago it was AZ Alkmaar's turn and we all know what happened then - we ended up paying nearly 20 million for a footballing potato.
Those Ajax players didn't coach themselves a couple years ago when they should've made the final and ran riot around us, Real Madrid, and Juve. I don't know if Ten Haag would be a success here, but he is a good coach that is for sure.

Ten Hag plays the kind of football we all want to watch and his mentor was Pep. His Ajax side play some great stuff and I think he would be a perfect fit for us tbh.
This is precisely how Woolwich fans described Arteta and look how that turned out...

Only relevant thing Ten Hag has done in football is the CL campaign in 18/19 (which was famously bottled immensely in the end). Can't take that away from him, but he had some brilliant players that season

Those Ajax players didn't coach themselves a couple years ago when they should've made the final and ran riot around us, Real Madrid, and Juve. I don't know if Ten Haag would be a success here, but he is a good coach that is for sure.

They lost every home knockout game that year. Would they have got passed Real if Ramos hadn't deliberately got himself suspended?

Yes. He was. And two minor trophies? Fuck me, what an entitled attitude. I’d maim some cunt for a sniff of a Europa League trophy.

And when we employed him, I believe the idea was to hand him a load of dough from the new stadium to go out and improve the team. Then shit happened and that money wasn’t there.

That’s just what I think though. If you want to believe he was there as a celebrity signing, like when Melchester Rovers signed the guys from Spandau Ballet, you carry on.

My personal view is that Jose was the cheaper option when it came to a painful rebuild or not. The players had downed tools for Poch and their value was plummeting. When Jose came in he made a big song and dance about not needing new players and that he came for the squad (lol).

On paper our squad should be above teams like spam so a manager was needed to get a tune out of the lazy cunts. Poch for all his qualities had been gutted by the CL loss and the players that he protected and stood by in a terrible run of form didn't give a shit about him.

Like it or not, Jose has contacts in the slimy football agent world so could possibly attract players we wouldn't be able to bring in under somebody like Mason.

What the fans wanted didn't really come into it.

They lost every home knockout game that year. Would they have got passed Real if Ramos hadn't deliberately got himself suspended?
Many of us talking as if we expect the next coach to win things, this clearly won’t ha the case. As long as ENIC are in charge we are doomed to fail. Therefore does not matter if the next coach has the potential to win things, with us he wont. So I guess the pragmatic solution is any coach who plays good football is probably OK

Just like the transfers, look who's running out of contract we can have a cheapish punt on or who's currently available that no one else wants.
Steve Hitchen posts on TFC confirmed!!!!

images

Many of us talking as if we expect the next coach to win things, this clearly won’t ha the case. As long as ENIC are in charge we are doomed to fail. Therefore does not matter if the next coach has the potential to win things, with us he wont. So I guess the pragmatic solution is any coach who plays good football is probably OK

A lot of progressive overseas managers come to the PL, try and implement their philosophy, and while it often makes their teams attractive to watch, they can be shockingly porous at the back. Hasenhuttl is one of the latest examples. Guardiola took some spankings in his first season. Farke at Norwich in his first PL season, in his second promotion campaign he's developed a more balanced approach. Ten Hag would need to go through this period of adaption in his first couple of seasons - can we really ask players like Kane and Son to wait around while Ten Hag gets up to speed, especially if there's no guarantees he'll make a genuinely competitive team at the end of that? His time here could end up being similar to that of Emery at Woolwich.

For me Potter gets the vote because he knows the PL now and his Brighton team looks well balanced.

This is precisely how Woolwich fans described Arteta and look how that turned out...

Only relevant thing Ten Hag has done in football is the CL campaign in 18/19 (which was famously bottled immensely in the end). Can't take that away from him, but he had some brilliant players that season
You’re comparing Ten Hag to Artera? The guy who never had a managerial job before Woolwich? Christ, even Lampard was in charge at Derby before Chelsea, and we all laughed at him because he was clearly out of his league.

And do you think a bunch of 20-something year olds figured out how to outclass Juventus and Madrid in the Champions League on their own? Yes, they were talented, but that doesn’t mean anything without coaching and tactics. And I guess ignore everything before Ajax, too.

I have no idea if Ten Hag will even come to Spurs or be a success, but these are facetious arguments.

For me Potter gets the vote because he knows the PL now and his Brighton team looks well balanced.
Yeah, so well balanced that they’re 17th.

People being suspect of a manager not being able to translate his ideas in other leagues is genuine, however in my opinion a good manager is a good manager, end of. He will find ways to adapt, just like Guardiola, Klopp, Bielsa etc adapted.

And then you’re talking about ten Hag’s achievements as if he’s done nothing but would hilariously choose Potter instead, who’s done exactly nothing too. At least ten Hag won a few trophies...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom