Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rodon is a ball playing centre half, that's why Mourinho was reluctant to pick him. He went mental when Rodon brought the ball out from the back on his debut against Chelsea. Rodon will be one of the winners from a Ten Hag appointment.
Isn't the Ajax system always to have a left footed cb and a right footed cb? If ten Hag does come I wouldn't be surprised to see Davies playing at cb in a back 4 similar to Blind.

Don't think he's gonna like Sanchez or Dier but Rodon and Alderweireld may stay for another season. Possible redemption for Foyth also?

Ten Hag huh...

I am open to the idea and he will bring a style of ball we all want to see.

Going to be interesting , no matter who it is, and how they are backed.

As Gold says, so many issues with fitness and add our age to that and we are going to need to give him a couple of years to clean house and remake our system

Rodon is a ball playing centre half, that's why Mourinho was reluctant to pick him. He went mental when Rodon brought the ball out from the back on his debut against Chelsea. Rodon will be one of the winners from a Ten Hag appointment.

He hasn’t shown any ball playing ability, the opposite actually.

The first time Rodon brought the ball out on his debut, he lost possession and Chelsea scored a goal that was ruled out for offside.

Isn't the Ajax system always to have a left footed cb and a right footed cb? If ten Hag does come I wouldn't be surprised to see Davies playing at cb in a back 4 similar to Blind.

Don't think he's gonna like Sanchez or Dier but Rodon and Alderweireld may stay for another season. Possible redemption for Foyth also?
At this point I'd honestly rather use Davies as a CB than have him remain at the club as a LB. Let Sessegnon return and give the position a go. There's a good chance we see a lot of turnaround at CB so perhaps having Davies as an option there guards us against having to make a crazy number of purchases this summer.

On Foyth, I know he's technically on a loan but everything about his departure felt very permanent. I don't think he's coming back.

Foyth has played RB, DM, and CB for Villarreal. He's had like 25+ appearances.

Sess has played about 50-50 winger and LB. Also about 25 appearances.

I'm hoping Sess can make it for us as LB. I don't see him productive enough as a winger in a "top 6" type side.

Also "ball playing" actually seems like Rodon's weakness so far. He's no Super Jan.

His English seems rather mediocre, especially considering he's Dutch, as they're amongst the best English speakers in Europe. He seems quite dull as well. There's a few red flags about him for me, never having managed outside the Dutch league is a big one.

His English seems rather mediocre, especially considering he's Dutch, as they're amongst the best English speakers in Europe. He seems quite dull as well. There's a few red flags about him for me, never having managed outside the Dutch league is a big one.
Maybe it’ll fall through and we can get Scott Parker. He probably speaks English

Maybe it’ll fall through and we can get Scott Parker. He probably speaks English

Good communication skills are essential for a manager. Bielsa seems to get away with using a translator but the majority of managers who come to the PL with poor English fail and fail quite badly. His English is perfectly passable, just surprising to hear a Dutch person be less than fluent as so many are. My concerns are more to do with him lacking a certain presence that the best managers often have.

Good communication skills are essential for a manager. Bielsa seems to get away with using a translator but the majority of managers who come to the PL with poor English fail and fail quite badly. His English is perfectly passable, just surprising to hear a Dutch person be less than fluent as so many are. My concerns are more to do with him lacking a certain presence that the best managers often have.
Here’s all the Dutch you need to know. Totaal Voetbal

Back
Top Bottom