Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Covid is going to keep affecting our finances over the next season or so then it makes sense to get a manager that has a track record of developing youth.

Another boost is that our current youth seem to be pretty decent as well.
Agreed, but that's also how Ajax have always operated, it's in their blood as much as La Masia is part of Barcelona.

Better question is, would ten Hag play youth players if he has better players available? If he could balance out Cup games for the youth and continue to try and develop players like Japh then I'm all in.

Agreed, but that's also how Ajax have always operated, it's in their blood as much as La Masia is part of Barcelona.

Better question is, would ten Hag play youth players if he has better players available? If he could balance out Cup games for the youth and continue to try and develop players like Japh then I'm all in.
We'll see when/if he gets the job.
By now most of the signs point towards Ten Hag so we will have to get behind him if/when he gets the job and give him time to implement his style and put his stamp on the team.

Poch was given time and Erik/Potter/who we get should be given the same.

Ten Hag starting to make sense.

Will be great to see him work with Skipp and Rodon.

I am not sure Ten Haag will be great for Rodon, he seems to like his CB's to play the ball and be able to pass and that is not a strength of Rodon.

Skipp would be interesting to see in the Frenkie De Jong role in the video on the first page of this thread.

The worry about Ten Hag is that he'll have a similar philosophy to Guardiola without the gas dollars to compile his ideal squad to play the way he wants, and that he'll also be very tactically inflexible. Which is why I lean more towards to Potter as being able to adapt more to the squad he inherits and not overly tied to a particular formation.

Would be very happy with ten Hag. Looking forward to seeing what happens when players like Lo Celso, Ndombele + Bergwijn get to practice playing football.

Looking like it will be him then. Was my 3rd choice and looks like he was the clubs 3rd choice as well. I think he'll unite the fans more than most but its a real gamble. Main problem is if our current football structure remains he'll be managing at a disadvantage. We really need a DOFas well.

The worry about Ten Hag is that he'll have a similar philosophy to Guardiola without the gas dollars to compile his ideal squad to play the way he wants, and that he'll also be very tactically inflexible. Which is why I lean more towards to Potter as being able to adapt more to the squad he inherits and not overly tied to a particular formation.
Rangnick surprise announcement as DoF.

:levywhoa:

Seeing that ten Hag is a popular choice among the fans I also hope that they’re patient and don’t expect things to happen overnight. I think we’ll see a bit of a progress over the start of the next season but if things go well, it’ll take more than just a season to make this club competitive again.

Seeing that ten Hag is a popular choice among the fans I also hope that they’re patient and don’t expect things to happen overnight. I think we’ll see a bit of a progress over the start of the next season but if things go well, it’ll take more than just a season to make this club competitive again.
Ajax's season ends May 16th, so getting Ten Hag in May 17th is crucial.

I am fully expecting Poch first season vibes to next season, but better because there are a lot of really good players in the squad in their peak.

I want Ten Hag but he has a Monumental task if he joins, these two deserve every opportunity, but the problems are huge in my opinion
I was dicking around and voted for Gerrard, but Ten Hag makes sense.

My only hope is that Levy realises this is the start of the painful rebuild and the new man will need two / three years to get his team.

Skipp is a fantastic player to be bringing into this. Not tainted with the recent bullshit and can become the most important player in our midfield. He can fashion something out of Sess and Reguilon, brining in players like Cirkin and Scarlett.

I was dicking around and voted for Gerrard, but Ten Hag makes sense.

My only hope is that Levy realises this is the start of the painful rebuild and the new man will need two / three years to get his team.

Skipp is a fantastic player to be bringing into this. Not tainted with the recent bullshit and can become the most important player in our midfield. He can fashion something out of Sess and Reguilon, brining in players like Cirkin and Scarlett.
Sess has had a really good season. Reguilon has had an uneven year but he's still a great option at LB. Cirkin, Scarlett, Parrott, Skipp, Tanganga...I don't think it's a catastrophe youth wise.

It's more selling players for less than Levy wants. That's ALWAYS been the challenge *cough* DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL *cough*

Back
Top Bottom