Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is he any better than Ward-Prowse? Tom Davies?

I think the fact he plays for Tottenham is why he's got caps for England. He doesn't dictate play enough, and is too safe on the ball. Sometimes you need that, but he needs to take those risks now and again. If an offer comes in, sell him IMO.
We should be open to offers for all of
Sissoko, Dier, Lamela, Sanchez, Doc, Winks, Dele, Lucas and Aurier, if we dont get any offers then lets just get replacements in any way and give them the Danny Rose treatment! The only one who i might take off the list is Lucas as he does put the effort in but he isnt good enough for where we want to be going!

I think its a huge mistake! Its to soon! This is just Levy hoping that if he gets Poch back we can get back to getting top 4 on minimal spend, if he is really serious and wants to set a statement go out and get Conte, give him the backing he wants and get rid of all the cloggers! If poch comes back it means Levy doesnt have to take a loss on the likes of Dier, Winks and Sissoko!

If its Poch he needs young, fairly quick impressionable players to make it work. Not sure we have many, Skipp, Reggie, Sessegnon, Tanganga, Bergwijn. Massive overhaul needed, 5 or 6 first team ready players all ideally under 25. Probably need that whoever the manager is but Poch is so reliant on pressing and fitness you have to have that to stand half a chance.

If Poch wants to come back, he can simply resign and stump up anything the PSG contract requires.

There’s absolutely zero chance a contract with less than a year left can’t be walked away from.

The potential for disaster is big. And Mauricio could ruin his management career for the next years. He fails with us again and is next job is Newcastle or Palace. He should stay in Paris and win stuff and build a CV
Exactly. If he gives up at the slightest bit of a challenge, it just sounds small time as fuck. Running back home cause he can’t hack it as a big club.

The potential for disaster is big. And Mauricio could ruin his management career for the next years. He fails with us again and is next job is Newcastle or Palace. He should stay in Paris and win stuff and build a CV

And build experience. And Learn. And develop as a manager.

I know Levy is the greatest evil ever according to TFC, which seems to have the consequence of Poch becoming St Poch, but I think it bears reminding - Poch made plenty of mistakes too, and isnt a ready made appointment to "fix" the issues at the club.

Genuinely feel this would be a huge mistake.

Im all for Poch back, at some point, but now would be an utter disaster IMHO.

Conte, Ten Hag or Potter would be my choices right now.

Save Pochs legacy for now, and reunite down the line when he and we are more suited for success.

Agreed. Certain wounds I feel still haven't healed. The only way I could get on board with this is if there is a significant change behind the scenes with a new DOF appointed. If it's the same as before then no. Too soon.

Getting Poch back could be a big mistake.
Alas, I agree.

There is a part of me that would absolutely *love* it. He is Spurs. He delivered some wonderful moments and it feels right; like the neat conclusion of a Hollywood movie that will lead to inevitable success.

But there’s a whole lot of wilful amnesia going on. That CL final broke him. We were fucking awful for 18 months. He did all that ridiculous flirting with RM on the eve of the final (still don’t know why he gets a pass on that). Doesn’t really resolve our recruitment problems. Squad will remain divided. And importantly feels like the sort of good will signing that will pave Kane’s sale.

Still, he is magic! And I’ll sing his name to the high heavens.

I just don’t think sport works like this.

As good a manager as Conte clearly is he really doesn't stick around anywhere too long does he?

I wonder if thats even an issue? If he came in, won something/some things over 2-3 years and moved on, would that be so bad?

I dont think he is a Mourinho like character that leaves a scorched earth behind him.

Instead a new manager would come into a club/squad that has finally got over the hump of being nearly men.

Agreed. Certain wounds I feel still haven't healed. The only way I could get on board with this is if there is a significant change behind the scenes with a new DOF appointed. If it's the same as before then no. Too soon.

Would Poch accept a DoF? In his time here it is clear he took more responsibility as time went on ("Manager" not "Coach" on the contract renewal)

Exactly. If he gives up at the slightest bit of a challenge, it just sounds small time as fuck. Running back home cause he can’t hack it as a big club.
It makes zero sense for poch. No top top club will want a guy who quits his job after six months because he can’t deal with the pressure. It’s all a mess and I hope he doesn’t come. And nothing in the football structure would change. Levy, Hitchen and poch would procede to do the same as before.

Alas, I agree.

There is a part of me that would absolutely *love* it. He is Spurs. He delivered some wonderful moments and it feels right; like the neat conclusion of a Hollywood movie that will lead to inevitable success.

But there’s a whole lot of wilful amnesia going on. That CL final broke him. We were fucking awful for 18 months. He did all that ridiculous flirting with RM on the eve of the final (still don’t know why he gets a pass on that). Doesn’t really resolve our recruitment problems. Squad will remain divided. And importantly feels like the sort of good will signing that will pave Kane’s sale.

Still, he is magic! And I’ll sing his name to the high heavens.

I just don’t think sport works like this.
I want him back one day. But not now. The wounds are still too fresh and neither party has changed too much since parting ways.

Let's say that we get Conte in and he stays here for 2-3 years. Poch coming back then would be much more ideal.

Back
Top Bottom