Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is so fucking dumb.

Levy is only doing this as fan-service and not what's necessary.

The bald weasel fucked up w/ the Super League debacle and now trying to throw a sheet over it, by injecting a huge dose of sentimentality and warm-fuzzyness (sans any memory of how bad the last 18months of Poch was) into the fans collective arm, to restore credit and favour.

Like some sort of emo dealer.

Anyway, it's happening, so just praying it all works out, somehow.

Not fucking happy about it, tho!!!!!

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

Not as if you've spent all day telling us this or anything!

I mean, thats what he was selling, wasnt it?
We've already gone over the Conte stuff elsewhere. but to directly address this point, should you buy what someone is selling or focus on what they actually use...or in this instance 'do/did'? There was no evidence to support what Jose was selling and all the evidence in the world to suggest he was talking shit. In the case of Jose I don't claim it as a particularly colourful feather in my cap to see through it considering the vast amounts of evidence. But on the flipside I do see it as particularly damning point for those that fell for it.

Last edited:
Conte is our best chance of success in the next 2 years. Elite coach at the top of his game and with decent backing could make us very competitive.

Poch, some doubts obviously, but ultimately quite excited by it.

ETH would be the next after those.
Can't see it being a Potter or Martinez now, hard to imagine Levy stooping to that once we've been linked with the likes of Poch/Conte. For him, this summer is very much about
Conte is our best chance of success in the next 2 years. Elite coach at the top of his game and with decent backing could make us very competitive.

Poch, some doubts obviously, but ultimately quite excited by it.

ETH would be the next after those.
Can't see it being a Potter or Martinez now, hard to imagine Levy stooping to that once we've been linked with the likes of Poch/Conte. For him, this summer is very much about saving face.
For him, this summer is very much about saving face

More about saving money.....

We've already gone over the Conte stuff elsewhere. but to directly address this point, should you buy what someone is selling or focus on what they actually use...or in this instance 'do/did'? There was no evidence to support what Jose was selling and all the evidence in the world to suggest he was talking shit. In the case of Jose I don't claim it as a particularly colourful feather in my cap to see through it considering the vasts amount of evidence. But on the flipside I do see it as particularly damning point for those that fell for it.

I did say tentatively, not whole heartedly!

And as I went on to say, its nature to want to look for the best case scenario when it's happening either way. In Mourinho's case I wanted to believe him, but certainly held reservation.

Second to that, is the not unreasonable (I think) point that Conte might actually be what we wanted Mourinho to be. And so for those who wanted that proven winner - Conte will tick a lot of boxes

Second to that, is the not unreasonable (I think) point that Conte might actually be what we wanted Mourinho to be. And so for those who wanted that proven winner - Conte will tick a lot of boxes
He also ticks the box of being quite vain...
he is, after all, a proven wigger.... sorry, winner!

Back
Top Bottom