Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
At least be consistent though. Conte coming on to the market shouldn't matter if Potter and Ten Hag are on your shortlist because Conte is completely different, his demands, his style football. By now the club should have a vision of the type of man and his footballing principles that they want and the short list should reflect that criteria. You cannot go from wanting Potter or Ten Hag to then jumping all over Conte just because he has made himself available.
Exactly. Shows no vision or plan and that's been a criticism of them for some time. And it was a criticism that man piled on during the last days of Mou but now they are willing to throw that out the window in favor of another ill-fated quick fix with Conte.

ManCity is reloading this summer. No one will be winning for the next 2 seasons. Liverpool, United, and Chelsea will be addressing problems as well. At best any coach would be looking at top 4 in a great season. But Conte is a short termer and we'd be back looking for another coach in 2-3 seasons but with more compensation to player and then 4+ season out of the CL.

I said similar when Poch was fired. It would have been better to bite the bullet and own the worst scenario instead of making decisions in fear of it. Now we are 2 years hence, still looking for the painful rebuild (or fruitlessly trying to avoid it again with Conte) and thinking about bringing Poch back. No leadership up top.

Go World Cup GIF by FIFA

The bald cunt sacked Jose because he was afraid if Jose wins the cup final it will cost a lot more to sack him.

He didn't give a fuck about the longest trophy drought in decades to save few millions.

Jose was sacked because he broke his promises and failed to deliver. When he pitched to join he stated that we had one of the best teams in the Prem and he could make us champions.

Instead he alienated half the squad and destroyed their confidence. He then went to Levy and told him he wanted most of the squad replaced.

Yes, the timing of the sacking was money motivated. Rumours of a huge bonus linked to the trophy. He had a small chance of winning the trophy; but painful as it is; that money would be better invested in a new long term coach.

No, because statements like that would be foolish...and would have clear accountability where someone would actually be able to pin your slithery ass down. But you did fill the room with hot air everytime you did feel they should be on instead of X, Y, or Z.

Not being sure how viable a 17yo kid who has not played a full senior game will be is hardly slithery is it you naughty man. It's got fuck all to do with accountability either. It's just common sense.

Onomah seems to find the bench wherever he goes

No, not really, he started plenty of games for Villa and Fulham up to this season, helped Fulham get promotion. Again, it's not black and white, to paint it as such is disingenuous, he may not ultimately be good enough for a certain level, but he's also been dogged by continual injury issues and struggled to find form in between lay offs.

But I don't know what any of this proves in terms of getting more football between 18-21 helping his development, even if that development takes him to the championship or below.

and Edwards seems to be enjoying his access to proper pastel de natas to make the step up to any of the top 5 leagues. Maybe they just weren't good enough after Poch hoped they would improve by keeping them around

If he wanted to improve them, I disagree with his method of not having them play any/much proper football for three years at that stage of their careers/development process.

At the very least, even you are acknowledging that whatever Poch did, didn't improve them.

. They've gotten no better by actually playing as you suggest so evidence supports the former. So if they were the best we had things don't look good.

No the evidence doesn't support the former. Bizarre logic. If anything the evidence leans my way. They almost certainly have learnt stuff - and got better - for playing football. Just doesn't mean they will ever be spunkbread. That's not the point.

They may not be pulling up trees now, but they were pulling up even less when they weren't playing at all.

Again, how do you know that the process that Poch actually did use wasn't the process that exacted the most from the player's potential?

How do you know it was?

The only thing you can base it on is what you think is the right way as you have no means of comparison.

No means of comparison? How about the thousands of footballers that, no matter their “level” have improved by actually playing real football? Even if it just improves their character or mentality? Game management etc?

How about your boy Foden? Sancho?

How about Kane, Walker, Rose?

KWP has been a first choice RB for a PL team all season, in his first full senior season. Do you not think it possible he’s improved for that experience? That he's learning constantly?

Can you prove that they wouldn’t have been better for actually playing more actual real football between the ages of 18-21?

Maybe we just need to agree to disagree. I think those players development wasn’t handled well by Pochettino.

I think from the club’s perspective those resources weren’t maximised, in a footballing or fiscal sense by Pochettino.

You clearly think it was. Neither of us are going to convince the other.

Last edited:
Based on the (very reliable) logic that nothing I ever hope will happen does happen we can rule Pochettino out.

On a related matter, we will sell Kane this summer and we will not win the league next year.

Now, off to not have sex with the missus.
so am I if I can find my puncture repair kit

There is a real one who would role her eyes at how juvenile I still behave

Absolutely.

Make no mistake, the effort to re-appoint Pochettino is an ass covering exercise from Levy. Nothing more nothing less.

It lets him off the hook with certain section of the fans who are foolish enough to fall for this nonsense, and it presents him with the possibility of once again having a manager that manages to make us punch above our weight with little to no help from the board.

There’s a potential for a win win for Levy here, and he’s taken it with both hands.
Not so sure . I would like Poch back , but I have always disliked and not trusted Levy that won’t change. I can’t be the only one who thinks that way.

Another leaked story from the ENICunts camp to appease the lemmings - shock horror

Much like Damiao, Aguero, Moutinho, Dybala, Isco, etc

doesn’t need to be talks. Pochettino only has a 1 year contract so if he wanted to, he could just resign and PSG could do nothing about it. Yes, PSG would be pissed off with Spurs but there is no stopping him resigning like Conte did.

Back
Top Bottom