Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe not bigger than Spurs but if he was looking for a new challenge then the RBL job vacated by Nagelsmann could be of interest to him. According to the Ajax fan on here Ten Hag likes the Bundesliga
Jesse Marsch has all but sewn up the RBL job by all accounts. Dortmund have Marco Rose. That leaves.... Leverkusen? Monchengladbach? Surely Spurs have more pulling power than them? Bundesliga or not?

The only thing I would be fearful of is that it’s quite obvious he wasn’t first choice, which may be a turn off.

You Can slate Levy for a lot of things but to have a go at him for not getting it right with managerial appointments and picking the cheaper option is totally rewriting history.

He came in and immediately sacked George Graham who everybody despised and replaced him with Glenn Hoddle who everyone wanted at the time.

He replaces Hoddle with Santini and Jol. Yes Santini didnt work but he had good credentials and the sentiment at the time was "How did spurs pull that off". Santini was replaced by Jol who again eveyone loved.

He replaced Jol with Juande Ramos who was majorly successful at Sevilla winning 5 trophies. At the the time the sentiment was "How did Spurs pull that off". Ultimately he failed here but he did win a trophy.

He replaced Ramos with Redknapp which was a big success.

He replaced Redknapp with AVB which was the first appointment that didn't really make sense and failed.

He replaced Redknapp with Pochettino which at the time most people wanted other candidates. It worked brilliantly.

He then replaces Poch with Mourinho and his bumper wages. Of course now we can say it failed but the thinking behind it from Levy's perspective made total sense. We've tried the young up and coming manager approach so lets try a different approach with a proven winner.

Last edited:
This is a hard choice because there are quite a few good ones on the list, but I like Scott Parker. He doesn't have the experience that we would want (which is why I think he has very little chance), but he loves the club, and the club (including the fanbase) love him. He's honest, works hard, and I think he'd be in it for the long haul, which I believe is what we need from a manager (provided he meets the club's goals, of course). I've had enough of the seasoned managers who have experience with big clubs (Benitez who , Allegri), and there are quite a few who would likely leave in a heartbeat if one of Europe's elite came calling, and so even if they served us well in the short-term, we'd be looking again very soon if they took us to the heights we envision. I'd like to see a long-term manager with Spurs (10+ years), and I think Parker and Potter are the best choices for that reason, but I'll take Parker because he has history with the club. I definitely don't want to see Benitez (he plain sucks), Bielsa (management style doesn't match the club) or Jardim (his last two seasons in Monaco were horrible), and although Gerrard seems a great manager, he'd likely be off to Liverpool the second Klopp is out.

For those on the Ten Hag train, Ajax has just released this magnificent 3rd Kit for next season. A nod to Bob Marley, whose song Three Little Birds they have adopted.

Ez9vgDAVkAIP4_8

Maybe it's a sign for you because EVERY SINGLE time I hear it I got right back to CL Semi-Final, "cos every little thing is gonna be alright"
i'm buying that.

For those on the Ten Hag train, Ajax has just released this magnificent 3rd Kit for next season. A nod to Bob Marley, whose song Three Little Birds they have adopted.

Ez9vgDAVkAIP4_8

Maybe it's a sign for you because EVERY SINGLE time I hear it I got right back to CL Semi-Final, "cos every little thing is gonna be alright"

have you see that clip on youtube of the Ajax fans singing three little birds to Bob Marley's son?

it's fucking beautiful

Genuine goosebumps

ENJOY

You Can slate Levy for a lot of things but to have a go at him for not getting it right with managerial appointments and picking the cheaper option is totally rewriting history.

He came in and immediately sacked George Graham who everybody despised and replaced him with Glenn Hoddle who everyone wanted at the time.

He replaces Hoddle with Santini and Jol. Yes Santini didnt work but he had good credentials and the sentiment at the time was "How did spurs pull that off". Santini was replaced by Jol who again eveyone loved.

He replaced Jol with Juande Ramos who was majorly successful at Sevilla winning 5 trophies. At the the time the sentiment was "How did Spurs pull that off". Ultimately he failed here but he did win a trophy.

He replaced Ramos with Redknapp which was a big success.

He replaced Redknapp with AVB which was the first appointment that didn't really make sense and failed.

He replaced Redknapp with Pochettino which at the time most people wanted other candidates. It worked brilliantly.

He then replaces Poch with Mourinho and his bumper wages. Of course now we can say it failed but the thinking behind it from Levy's perspective made total sense. We've tried the young up and coming manager approach so lets try a different approach with a proven winner.

You can slag Levy off for a lot of things for sure but lets not rewrite history now.

Our managerial appointments have no structure. I don’t know what club we are because each time we get a manager they are completely different from the last, that doesn’t to me look like a real plan. We go from defensive managers to attacking to pragmatists, it’s all over the shop.

Of the managers that have worked 2 have been emergency Jol and Redknapp and 1 was a second choice after Van Gaal (thank god we didn’t get him). I will give Levy Poch even if he was 2nd choice but he should not be picking them. We should have a DoF with a clear vision based on the clubs attacking history choosing managers in line with that. We should not ever again have a defensive manager brought in, it just doesn’t work with our fans nor it seems with the club.

Levy has been good at emergency appointments so I kind of expect this one to work. The pattern of Ramos > Redknapp to AVB > Poch to Jose > ? hopefully can be repeated.

If I were a player, I would give everything for Dyche.

Not saying he's the man for Tottenham, but out of all of the top flight managers - for me personally I have always thought this is a guy I would run until I vomit for.

Back
Top Bottom