Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
He finished 7th in consecutive seasons with a newly promoted side.

Last season he's operating with a small squad off the back of a Europa run, and missing his three biggest goal threats from the previous two seasons (Jiminez, Doherty, Jota)

He'd be an underwhelming hire but let's not twist narratives here, the guy is plenty capable of running a successful PL side.

He finished 7th thanks to players that Mendes brought in because of his relationship to the owners not because of his managerial ability.

When those players couldn’t save him with individual brilliance he had zero plan on how to create offense with tactics, line-ups or subs.

So I guess if we think Mendes will bring in players above our level on cheap deals then maybe Nuno would work, but considering he doesn’t own us I doubt that happens.

Numo is pure garbage as a manager.

The question of "defensive" versus "attacking" kind of elides the question of whether you're playing with timidity and fear or not.

We were playing with absolute cowardice by the end with Jose. That's not what I've seen from Nuno. His teams are there to punch you in the face.

He's nowhere near as successful or tactically adept, so I hesitate to even make the comparison, but it's a similar attitude and personality to Conte's teams, who I also always find to be a good watch even if they aren't pretty and elegant in the Wengerian sense.

Nuno is not as much of a coward as Mourinho but his principles are the same. Sit deep. Protect the goal. Wait for the opponent to make a mistake before you think about attacking. It’s not what the fans want, it’s not what Levy told us he was looking for.

We need a manager who will play proactive football, try to take the game to the opponent when the score is 0-0. Not the type of manager who is happy for the opponent to have the ball from the first whistle.

The question of "defensive" versus "attacking" kind of elides the question of whether you're playing with timidity and fear or not.

We were playing with absolute cowardice by the end with Jose. That's not what I've seen from Nuno. His teams are there to punch you in the face.

He's nowhere near as successful or tactically adept, so I hesitate to even make the comparison, but it's a similar attitude and personality to Conte's teams, who I also always find to be a good watch even if they aren't pretty and elegant in the Wengerian sense.

Nuno definitely had his teams playing with cowardice.

Hercules Has Spoken!!! On Sc my god what waffle

Nuno and the other were not my preference.Not happy!! Stevie G! We did speak to!! I said as much in my posts.Not a good day if any gets it.
Mendez puppets with ‘Titti’.
In Awe What GIF

Weird how polarised views are on him, never once watched them and thought it was Mourinho ball.

Admittedly followed them in the Championship far more than premiership, and they absolutely destroyed it. Highly aggressive football
They guy definitely wasn’t my first choice but I don’t understand why so many are acting like he’s the worst possible candidate

Hercules Has Spoken!!! On Sc my god what waffle

Nuno and the other were not my preference.Not happy!! Stevie G! We did speak to!! I said as much in my posts.Not a good day if any gets it.
Mendez puppets with ‘Titti’.
In Awe What GIF

Jesus Christ.

I think a lot of people are basing him on Wolves last season but before that he built some solid teams. The one that beat us 3 2 at home under Mourinho was impressive.

He’s probably Paratici’s man so we’ll see if levy is going to back him with him getting his man.

This is not the Wolves I watched a couple years ago, I dunno.
They do sit quite deep when defending to be fair, and he's far from my first choice, but the negative takes on him are completely overblown. Plenty of ingrained patterns for moving the ball out of defence, variety of combinations between wing backs and wide forwards, often change formation during games. Maybe it's just me, but I'd always make a point of watching their games in their first two seasons in PL. Their form this season and his demeanour throughout is cause for concern though, the football was truly dire.

Back
Top Bottom