Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lies No GIF

Can someone please explain why Potter would be a better manager for us than Chris Houghton?

Because he is a much better manager that plays a style that is much more likely to work at Spurs than Houghton.

I know Potter has been cast as the worst manager in the history of sports by many but this is getting ridiculous now.

If this is true, then we are seriously so screwed.

If one of the best managers in football wants to bring his own staff in, let him. It's not like we've got a great medical or conditioning team either.

They want Tottenham Hotspur to "succeed" as the club we are? We've won fuck all for two decades.

I'll save us all time, what they want to do is save money.
Sounds like an excuse to me. Not to spend.

Nuno yes, Potter no.

I don't think our current team really fits with what Sarri does so wouldn't we need a pretty big overhaul to play his style?

I am not against an overhaul obviously but to end up with meh Sarri ball? I would hope we could do better than that.
Oh come on, Sarri is certainly a better option than Potter.

Consistently did very well with Napoli playing great football, EL title and top 3 with Chelsea, won a title with Juve.

You're right he would definitely require a lot more investment than Potter but he's a much more accomplished manager and it's not really close.

Consistently did very well with Napoli playing great football, EL title and top 3 with Chelsea, won a title with Juve.

You're right he would definitely require a lot more investment than Potter but he's a much more accomplished manager and it's not really close.

I have already said I don't like Sarri and will admit part of that is because I find him hugely unlikable as a person. I don't think our results with Sarri are much different with Potter. I know Sarri is not good enough to get us to compete, Potter still has a chance that he could get us to compete.

If given the chance I definitely take Potter over Sarri even if Sarri is more accomplished.

From my press mate. Just rumour, not from any club source.

Conte wanted to bring a lot of staff, which would mean we would need to let a lot of our backroom team go. This includes key medial and conditioning staff. This was a NO GO for spurs, especially during covid as staff have all been given assurances their jobs are safe.

Spurs heiracy rightly concerned about losing day to day control of the club and want 'tottenham hotspur' to succeed as the club it is, not winning by $
God forbid we lose the crack conditioning team that have worked wonders over the last 24 months...

I have already said I don't like Sarri and will admit part of that is because I find him hugely unlikable as a person. I don't think our results with Sarri are much different with Potter. I know Sarri is not good enough to get us to compete, Potter still has a chance that he could get us to compete.

If given the chance I definitely take Potter over Sarri even if Sarri is more accomplished.
Fair enough, we just disagree then.

I know Potter does get his teams playing an appealing brand of football and I don't hate the guy and think he could do well. I think people are underselling what a massive risk it would be to appoint someone like him though whose never shown real success in England.

Fair enough, we just disagree then.

I know Potter does get his teams playing an appealing brand of football and I don't hate the guy and think he could do well. I think people are underselling what a massive risk it would be to appoint someone like him though whose never shown real success in England.

I agree it would be a massive risk but if guys like Conte, Poch and Ten Hag are out it seems like we are deciding between big risk- Potter, low ceiling, high floor meh- Benitez, Sarri or just pure crap- Parker, Klinnsman, Southgate, Martinez

In that case I am more willing to go with the risk because with Levy going with the meh option is only going to get us mediocre results because he won't bring in the players the players to get results.

Sure the chance that Potter turns out to be another Poch is low but at least there is a chance and to me that seems to be the only way we have a chance at top 4 again with Levy in charge.

That’s because your comparing apples and oranges. Potter is more Rogers at Swansea, an up and coming mananger with very modern ideas, a great style of football. He took Ostersund 4 divisions up and got them Into Europe and has Brighton playing some of the best football in the league. Sarri by contrast is more established.

When Poch got sacked Ally Gold who is seen as a mouth piece of the club confirmed we had either Jose or Nagelsmann to look at. We choose the more experienced in Jose and ignored his football was out of date while Naglesmann who hasn’t won anything big but showed he could get a great tune out of average players with a very classy style of football was left. Jose and Nagelsmann are big names by far than Sarri or Potter but it’s a similar choice.

Going off record is fools game if the club is different. We don’t have large funds to spend, this isn’t the Italian league, we need a Poch mark 2. Someone who can play attacking football, work with lesser players and younger players and fit long term. Potter may not be the answer but he much closer aligns to it than Sarri. Ten Hag is probably the best bet at this stage but he may think we are a joke now.

I think I said here a long time ago that the logical next step for EH if the Bournemouth gig hit the buffers would be Saints. He's a South Coast boy and the move to Burnley ended because of family ties.

He'd be within easy commute of the Saints training ground, have access to some decent budgets, and an Academy that has produced some absolute stunners in the past.

He knows he's in the frame for the England job in the future, as the FA in their wisdom don't want forriners. A successful stint at Saints, with some European experience thrown in, and he'd be on their shortlist next time they're looking.

Keeping AFCB in PL for as long as he did was quite an achievement. And of course getting them there from -17 pts in Div 4 was an absolute miracle.

A decent DoF to work with, I think he'd do a good job at Saints, probably a decent one with England. His club record is a zillion times better than the plonker in the Waistcoat.
I remember a previous manager of ours who used to commute from his home in sunny Bournemouth to his job at Spurs :harryhmm:

Back
Top Bottom