Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
And done decently too. Something obviously went wrong at Schalke when he got sacked (I've sent a message to a friend on twitter who follows Schalke to see if he knows anything about that). But as I understand it he only left Spartak because his family was still in Germany and he couldn't fly them in or leave the country to visit due to Covid.

He was apparently recruited for the Schalke job by the same guy who spotted the potential in Klopp and Tuchel and brought them to Mainz to start their careers.

If we want a young and exciting name he could be worth a gamble.
Young and exciting???

:nunoshock:

What more could you ask for?

And done decently too. Something obviously went wrong at Schalke when he got sacked (I've sent a message to a friend on twitter who follows Schalke to see if he knows anything about that). But as I understand it he only left Spartak because his family was still in Germany and he couldn't fly them in or leave the country to visit due to Covid.

He was apparently recruited for the Schalke job by the same guy who spotted the potential in Klopp and Tuchel and brought them to Mainz to start their careers.

If we want a young and exciting name he could be worth a gamble.
German coaches seem to be the way to go at the moment

German coaches seem to be the way to go at the moment
They really do.

My German buddy got back to me and his response to what went wrong for him at Schalke was "Tedesco didn't fail, the club failed him". And a lot of Schalke fans speak about letting him go like how we talk about letting Poch go.

I like how he has multiple systems for how to defend and attack that his teams can switch between depending on how a game is going.

Adi Hutter looks like a phenomenal manager and not just because of the Bayern demolition. Plays hyper pressing, attacking football we would love. Most bundesliga teams play great football, that's where we should be looking.
Adolf Hutter is some name to swallow though, especially for a club like ours...

Adolf Hutter is some name to swallow though, especially for a club like ours...
He isn't particularly fond of the name either as I understand it. His grandparents pushed for it because he had a uncle named that who died in his teens. It is why he goes by Adi professionally.

Or that is the story that I have been told at least.

Changed his name to Adi. Insane and unfair to pass on him because of his name.
Yeah yeah that'd nit-picking for sure, but you can bet on the trolls on Twatter to make fun of the name every time we lose. I have heard that he's a great coach, I hate Bundesliga though so I can't say that I've watched his matches (my knowledge of Favre for example is from his time at Nice, not BVB).

Why would he leave a team that can put 5 past BM, who put 7 past us?
Your mixing up Tedesco with Hütter. Hütter is the guy who just beat Bayern.

Tedesco was the manager of Schalke a few years back when he got them to second place in the table. He's most recently been a coach in Russia and got second play with Spartak Moscow before leaving them at the end of the season.

I know bugger all about Gallardo other than he is considered a superstar manager in South America for his attacking football and style of play and wanted across Europe. Might be a gamble but fuck why not take it in this nothing season.

Back
Top Bottom