Poyet - Future Spurs manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's doing well at Brighton so far, and has got them playing football. I'm not sure he'd be considered if Redknapp were to go at the end of the season, but could he possible manage us in the next few years?

I'd love that, our next appointment is one of the most important in our history. If it's the wrong man it could set us back years, has to be the right appointment.

I really hope so. Love Gus, he is doing a fantastic job at BHA. They were 2-0 down tonight at half time, then drew 3-3, yet after the game, Gus bemoaned the fact they only drew. Last year, Glenn Murray scored 20 odd goals, he was being called the Berbatov of the lower leagues. Gus let him go and bought Mackail-Smith instead. He knew Murray was benefitting from Brighton's technical supeiority in League One, but would not be as effective in the Championship. He recognised the need for a more industrious striker. I think he's clever and will do great at Tottenham one day if he gets the chance.

Im not sure he is ready yet though.

I agree, next appointment is so important. With Harry possibly being in court, and the England job being available in 2012, we've surely got to be making plans

I'm fond of Gus so I'd love to see it happen one day, but I agree with S.L.R's and don't think he is ready.

I know Owen Coyle's name was mentioned in the podcast a little while ago, but I hope the way he has got Bolton playing football has caught Levy's eye as well as ours. He could be good for us.

Not sure if it would happen.

Remember he was with the club under Ramos. Did he leave on good terms?

Undoubted talent as a manager though, transformed Brighton AND they play good football.

Our current manager has a face like a sumo wrestler's arse after liposuction. Gus' dark side of the force skeletal appearance won't do us any harm.

we need to all chip in, and book akabusi to turn up at spurs lodge and give his special brand of motivational speaking. he would be an asset with his asset.

and if that didn't work on them, he could always threaten to bum them...

S.L.R said:
Our current manager has a face like a sumo wrestler's arse after liposuction. Gus' dark side of the force skeletal appearance won't do us any harm.

Personally, I always thought he had a bit of a 'tanned Lee Evans' about him!

lee-evans.jpg
103351366_crop_650x440.jpg

No! No! No!

He's a chel$kea fan, and if he is successful he won't hesitate to join them

- and the suarez comments makes him a perfect fit for them

pjohn5 said:
No! No! No!

He's a chel$kea fan
, and if he is successful he won't hesitate to join them

- and the suarez comments makes him a perfect fit for them

He's probably only as much of a Chelsea 'fan' as Thierry Henry is a Gooner... I doubt Gus grew up as a boy in Uruguay with posters of Mickey Droy and Kerry Dixon on his wall!!!

Back
Top Bottom