Profit Before Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Selling Kane and leaving us without our top goal scorer just 2 days before the start of the season is the worst thing Levy has done. No sign of a replacement and even if one comes in he will not be settled until the season is well under way. Poor start to the season almost guaranteed and no guarantee we will recover from it.

Selling Kane and leaving us without our top goal scorer just 2 days before the start of the season is the worst thing Levy has done. No sign of a replacement and even if one comes in he will not be settled until the season is well under way. Poor start to the season almost guaranteed and no guarantee we will recover from it.

You don’t think we spent £60m on Brazils CF last year with this in mind then?

I think levy Is a cunt don't get me wrong and ENIC over the last 3-4 years have been borderline negligent in how they have taken us from a PL and CL challenging team, to the utter dross I've had to endure the last 3 years.

But one thing I can't blame them for is selling Kane, we got a good price he's been sold to a foreign league it was the best outcome we could get in a poor position.

If they where proper cunts they'd have sold him to United or city years ago or got Chelsea to bid 160 million for him cause they would have if we told them that would get him.

It was the end of an era and I don't think we will miss him as much as people think, we all loved him but we legit had become the Harry Kane team. I'm hoping with a more mobile younger ST we can play the style Ange wants cause I don't think Kane suited it at all

I think levy Is a cunt don't get me wrong and ENIC over the last 3-4 years have been borderline negligent in how they have taken us from a PL and CL challenging team, to the utter dross I've had to endure the last 3 years.

But one thing I can't blame them for is selling Kane, we got a good price he's been sold to a foreign league it was the best outcome we could get in a poor position.

If they where proper cunts they'd have sold him to United or city years ago or got Chelsea to bid 160 million for him cause they would have if we told them that would get him.

It was the end of an era and I don't think we will miss him as much as people think, we all loved him but we legit had become the Harry Kane team. I'm hoping with a more mobile younger ST we can play the style Ange wants cause I don't think Kane suited it at all
You've contradicted yourself in this post, if you don't mind me saying.

You blame Levy, and rightly so, for the negligence that has led to the utter dross and return to mediocrity in the last few years years, but absolve him from blame for yet again selling our star player,,,,,,When the negligence you talk about IS THE VERY REASON we're losing Harry Kane!!!

The blame lies full square on the shoulders of one man, mate....please don’t fall into the trap of the other snakes who defend him at every opportunity

Agree with everything said but I genuinely think with Ange ball we would be much less reliant on Kane for goals.

You don’t think we spent £60m on Brazils CF last year with this in mind then?
We need 2 players for every position. I can recall a problem I think it was just after the World Cup when we had injuries to forwards and 1 more injury and we were short up front. He has not proved reliable as a goal scorer and is injury prone. We need someone else. Solomon replaced Moura but we need a Kane replacement.

Levy and ENIC were the direct cause for Kane leaving because they failed to match his ambition for winning trophies, wasting a generational talent.

This after all of their talk about ambition and how the stadium would push us to the next level and yet, just years later, we are selling our only world class player two days before the season starts.

I blame them for selling Kane, I blame them for being unprepared, I blame them for not giving him a platform for success because they decided that caution and cowardice was more important than glory.

They don't get to be absolved of this, he doesn't get to avoid criticism for it, no more of the hand waving bollocks, seen it time and time again and it's boring now.

To dare is to do my arse.

We need 2 players for every position. I can recall a problem I think it was just after the World Cup when we had injuries to forwards and 1 more injury and we were short up front. He has not proved reliable as a goal scorer and is injury prone. We need someone else. Solomon replaced Moura but we need a Kane replacement.

We just got that young Argentinian and we have Dane and Troy.

Levyeconomics right there.

You blame Levy, and rightly so, for the negligence that has led to the utter dross and return to mediocrity in the last few years years, but absolve him from blame for yet again selling our star player,,,,,,When the negligence you talk about IS THE VERY REASON we're losing Harry Kane!!!

The blame lies full square on the shoulders of one man, mate....please don’t fall into the trap of the other snakes who defend him at every opportunity
But if Kane was unwilling to sign a new deal it was surely better to sell him to Munich rather then united Liverpool or Newcastle ir Chelsea who will be our rivals for top four .
(I’ve excluded city because they are not or rivals and Woolwich because harry is not a cunt).
Yes there was an argument to keep him and his goals would have helped obviously but maybe we can sweep clean under agne with no distractions.

Except of course that you’ve contradicted yourself in this post.

The only reason we would have any expectation of having a world class player for so long is because we have overperformed relative to our wealth, capacity to spend, and relative reputation. We have consistently beaten out richer and more successful teams to play champions league football. We had no expectation of that before the last decade.

Without that consistent overachievement we would not have kept hold of Kane for so long.

What you will do in response is continue to tell us all how the good things that happen on the pitch are due to something else but the bad things are all Levy’s fault. People capable of even a little thought won’t buy it.

It's really silly to believe that Levy runs the club all by himself and have nobody to report ot. Levy is NOT running the club alone. His boss is Lewis - and that's the man he's reporting to. And there is a reason why Lewis is always "hiding" from the press and never speaks publicly about Spurs. Heck, he rarely even see Spurs' games live

But if Kane was unwilling to sign a new deal it was surely better to sell him to Munich rather then united Liverpool or Newcastle ir Chelsea who will be our rivals for top four .
(I’ve excluded city because they are not or rivals and Woolwich because harry is not a cunt).
Yes there was an argument to keep him and his goals would have helped obviously but maybe we can sweep clean under agne with no distractions.
But we are saying he won’t sign a new deal as levy & enic won’t match his ambition & have failed him & us.. he is wasting his time here at a shambles of a club. So it’s enic & levys fault.

It's really silly to believe that Levy runs the club all by himself and have nobody to report ot. Levy is NOT running the club alone. His boss is Lewis - and that's the man he's reporting to. And there is a reason why Lewis is always "hiding" from the press and never speaks publicly about Spurs. Heck, he rarely even see Spurs' games live
You are right. Both levy & Lewis have let the team & fans down big time. So Lewis needs to take some stick to. I think he is a bit tied up at the moment. Doing things the right way apparently :levyeyes:

Except of course that you’ve contradicted yourself in this post.

The only reason we would have any expectation of having a world class player for so long is because we have overperformed relative to our wealth, capacity to spend, and relative reputation. We have consistently beaten out richer and more successful teams to play champions league football. We had no expectation of that before the last decade.

Without that consistent overachievement we would not have kept hold of Kane for so long.

What you will do in response is continue to tell us all how the good things that happen on the pitch are due to something else but the bad things are all Levy’s fault. People capable of even a little thought won’t buy it.
Ignoring that fact that Levy wanted Soldado (another flop of a transfer) to play over Kane and Kane out on loan but Tim Sherwood (another caretaker manager) if he is to be believed, decided to play him, let me entertain what you're saying here for a second.

I agree with your sentiment when you say Kane wouldn't have stayed for so long had we not reached the heights we did under Poch and I think, if a person wishes to do so, they are within their rights to give Levy credit for that, that's fair.

However, the counterargument is that, since then, we have been on a decline and he has tried and tried again to fix it and continued to fail, now, if we judge his performance like he judges the managers performances, he should have been long gone by now, don't you agree?

It's all well and good praising him for the highs and the stadium etc but the abject failure since then is worthy of him stepping down imo, the Kane sale was the cherry on the cake because just like his ability to keep him here with our performances under Poch, his inability to fix the mess he created was the reason Kane has left.

Also if the argument is "Well the good and bad balance each other out" let me ask you this, When Levy sacks a manager does he say "but 5 years ago he got us top four so we have decided to give him another chance"?

And if that logic isn't used in that situation, why should it be used to justify Levy staying? "He built this stadium, his decisions led to Poch, a CL final, a title chase"

It doesn't square up for me, he needs to go.

Spot on

Back
Top Bottom