PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beat Inter and PSV at Home then all depends on game away at an already qualified Barca..
Don't deserve it but still possible.

If not I'd take the Europa rather than dropping out of Europe altogether. Might as well go for that.

Then again, do Inter or PSV?

Seems to not be a talking point here but surely their equaliser was offside???

All the results are coming in the league but it seems that all our bad habits are catching up to us in Europe.

Yes, it's one thing to get smacked by a superior side in Barca. You take your beating and move on. But when 3 of our 4 last CL losses were all games we dominated and should have won--Juve, Inter, and now today--man, that's real pain.

The worst thing is this PSV team are fucking horrendous and inter weren't anything special either, this shouldn't of even been difficult for us to finish 2nd
Exactly. That's what makes it so fucking galling. Should've breezed 2nd place in the group but contrived to fuck it up. They've been complacent all season for me and have been getting away with it. Team needs a good fucking shake up

Liverpool, ManU, and Woolwich have shown over the last few seasons that it’s very unlikely to finish in the top 4 in the PL while challenging for the Europa League.

Do spurs have the depth to compete for Europa and still secure top 4? Of course there is more prestige with winning Europa but it’s much harder than getting top 4. Plus, Poch has proven he can get top 4.

Who knows - Barca may be out of sight by the time we meet them and might rest some players........

Straws..... Clutching....... But stranger things have happened.

You are right but we had one team to overcome to go into the next round.

I find the Champions League obsession a distraction but our failings this season are for me the basis of failing to improve in the summer.

No doubt at all.

Yet again a must win game and we find all kinds of ways to fuck it up. We are miles behind in Europe, PSV were a gulf away from us, yet we couldn't cope with them. Two monumental fuck ups, one by our suicidal captain.
I can't remember a year when we haven't been the architects of our own downfall in these competitions. Will we ever learn?
Three dead rubbers now to suffer in the Cl barring a miracle, and another chance to fuck up the Europa shit show.
And, no, it won't look different in the morning.
That second goal they scored was fucking pathetic. I got dogs abuse on here for suggesting this was gonna be a shit show after the inter game...and unlike with my kids where I love being right lol... I'm royally fucked off that I was right, ffs when will we learn.... well never probably as we keep doing this to ourselves and never learning

Out of our hands now. Virtually zero chance of getting through. Look on the bright side though - Europa League
Agree though I’ve always maintained you should only get one chance in Europe not this 3rd place nonsense of dropping in to the Europa league but if Tottenham find themselves fortunate enough to benefit then what can you do? Personally the way we are playing at the moment or how it’s gone thus far in the season I’d far rather have a crack at that competition than chances are one knock out game in the CL we were never get anywhere close to it anyway! Next Wednesday is the league cup I’d like to think we’d take that seriously.

Exactly. That's what makes it so fucking galling. Should've breezed 2nd place in the group but contrived to fuck it up. They've been complacent all season for me and have been getting away with it. Team needs a good fucking shake up

Insight into the mind of the modern footballer. Need to bring in new blood to make sure the twats fight for their place rather than just play Fortnite all day

Do you think that's it though - the players feel they've come as far as they're gonna come at Spurs and are now phoning it in?

I honestly don't know but we have looked a shadow of our former selves this season and something doesn't seem to be clicking

Back
Top Bottom