Qatar holds Spurs talks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Qatar holds Spurs talks as it pushes to add Premier League club to portfolio

• Total voters
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Wow, hadn’t seen this…

Just messing Jimmy, think you should add a poll of want or not.

Fence sitting on it myself, morally would want to walk away, addictively/emotionally not sure if I could.

As I said elsewhere, I think something like this is inevitable but I'd be lying if I said it didn't leave a very nasty taste in my mouth.

The simple fact is we are surely at a stage where without it, what's the point?
Maybe one day, the whole football league will be owned by wealthy motherfuckers.

It'll be like the Olympics without a ban on PED's. Imagine how good the Olympics would be if everyone was juiced,

The simple fact is we are surely at a stage where without it, what's the point?
Maybe one day, the whole football league will be owned by wealthy motherfuckers.

It'll be like the Olympics without a ban on PED's. Imagine how good the Olympics would be if everyone was juiced,
exactly and to be honest its our best chance of winning something rather then be in purgatory for 20 more years

exactly and to be honest its our best chance of winning something rather then be in purgatory for 20 more years

I don't even think it would be purgatory. Eventually fans will give up. I strongly believe we are at the end of a cycle. Kane, Son, Lloris are ageing, Erikson, Dele, Toby, Jan, Rose, Walker all gone.
That peak we had between 16-18 is long gone and, IMO, there's no possible way ENIC could ever pull that off again.

In that regard, once Kane is gone and if we fuck up replacing Lloris, I worry what comes next.

I don't even think it would be purgatory. Eventually fans will give up. I strongly believe we are at the end of a cycle. Kane, Son, Lloris are ageing, Erikson, Dele, Toby, Jan, Rose, Walker all gone.
That peak we had between 16-18 is long gone and, IMO, there's no possible way ENIC could ever pull that off again.

In that regard, once Kane is gone and if we fuck up replacing Lloris, I worry what comes next.
ENIC struck gold with Kane and that is highly unlikely to happen again.

A boy from the academy becoming the clubs highest ever goalscorer in the modern game is so rare.

Given the generally poor recruitment over the years I think it's clear that without him we probably wouldn't have been a top 6 club.

It will be very hard to replace Kane, Son and Lloris who have essentially carried this club for a decade.

This is where the standard of our recruitment will be tested. We could either do a Liverpool or we could do an Everton.

What's certain is that we need to spend big. We are too big a club to be taking the Brentford and Brighton approach to transfers.

Sadly hard to see how we can 'take that next step' without serious investment and unfortunately this is where it would likely have to come from.

No point in saying I'd stop supporting the club, because I wouldn't. Doubt there's much that could make me stop supporting spurs tbh.

I expect, like the hypocritical little cunt that I am, a few wins into a 'new era' I would quickly forget my misgivings and enjoy the ride. No point in lying about it.

It's all a bit silly really. Clubs take finance to take them to the next level, the clubs that were already at the top find new finance and pull themselves ahead again, then the rest find themselves behind once more.

As I said elsewhere, I think something like this is inevitable but I'd be lying if I said it didn't leave a very nasty taste in my mouth.

I wouldn't stop supporting the club obvs, but I probably would stop coming to matches and buying merchandise for a while.

Yeah, that's right Spurs. Do this multi million pound deal and you can say goodbye to a grand of my money. That'll learn ya.

Back
Top Bottom