Questions for Balague

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
Hey peeps.

So Poch and Balague are coming over to Barcelona this Friday to launch the Spanish edition of Brave New World (AKA the Poch book)

I've managed to somehow blag some time to interview Balague tomorrow morning ahead of the event. Got any questions you'd like me to ask?

Given the book came out in the UK ages ago, I'm leaning towards asking him about his and Poch's thoughts on how people reacted to it. Particularly when people were blaming our iffy form at the time on some of the revelations. But stick your questions in this thread and I'll try to get to them.

I'm also going to the book launch, so will report back on what the main man himself said, probably via some sort of article.

I'd be interested to find out whether the whole book was (google) translated from Pochettino's spanish, and therefore whether the Spanish version is "untranslated". (Let him know that the English version could have stood from a better job being done of the translation, or maybe don't.)

Also, does Pochettino think that, with the benefit of hindsight, having a written account of such closely personal concerns over the course of an entire season is something he himself can and would re-read for retrospective on any possible current or future situations?

Awesome that you managed to get some time with Balague, and that you thought of us too! :)

Last edited:
  • How much different would the book be if it was written during the 17/18 season?
  • Were they surprised with the reactions?
  • Did our players read it, other notable players or managers?
  • Would Poch encourage his own players to publish that kind of book (very open, with honest critique) themselves?

All the best of luck with your interview! Be sure to link it afterwards!

Particularly when people were blaming our iffy form at the time on some of the revelations. But stick your questions in this thread and I'll try to get to them.

I'm also going to the book launch, so will report back on what the main man himself said, probably via some sort of article.

I chatted to him for about 15 minutes in London at a book promotion thing. Mentioned the jinx thing as a joke but he seemed to interpret it quite seriously! Think it's just a 2nd language thing, although obviously his English is perfect.

One thing that comes across is how much he know his football, globally and at all levels. Spent a long time talking about local non-league football as we live in the same town.

Asked him about a few of the non-disclosed names in the book and he wouldn't budge (e.g. who ate the lasange and got dropped).

How much of an advance did they get for it?

What is the split between him and Poch?

How long did he take to write it?

How many copies did they sell in the UK, and what was the average unit price?

What does the publisher think the size of the Spanish market is for the Poch book?

Assuming the spanish market is too small to justify translation and publishing run costs, is the translation into Spanish a PR move by Poch's team to pave the way for a move to Real or Barca next year? Was the Spanish copy a quid pro quo contract condition of the English Poch book going ahead?

How much of an advance did they get for it?

What is the split between him and Poch?

How long did he take to write it?

How many copies did they sell in the UK, and what was the average unit price?

What does the publisher think the size of the Spanish market is for the Poch book?

Assuming the spanish market is too small to justify translation and publishing run costs, is the translation into Spanish a PR move by Poch's team to pave the way for a move to Real or Barca next year? Was the Spanish copy a quid pro quo contract condition of the English Poch book going ahead?
Actually it was originally written in Spanish.

• Is Bale's relationship with Zidane salvageable?
  • How real, if at all, is Barcelona's interest in Eriksen?
  • Which English clubs have the largest following in Spain?

What would your all time team be, 1 to 11 (made up from past and/or present players) and briefly state why you would select each individual and what formation would you apply?

What type of player do you most enjoy watching (e.g. a cunning, hard tackling, well positioned CB, or a genius false 9)?

If you were given a blank cheque book, money no object, would you buy your team 1-11 or would you still look to bring through young promising players still yet to develop into the finished article?

1. Did Sergio Ramos intentionally use an MMA move to try to break Mo Salah's arm?
2. What is the over/under on the total number of lifetime bans that Sergio Ramos should have received by now?
3. What is the appropriate Spanish "palabra" for "Grade A cunt"?

Back
Top Bottom