Queue jump for Spurs Season Ticket?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how I feel about this. I would love to have the opportunity right now to take two ST's but this isn't the right way to go about it in my eyes.

And I spot red text.

I must admit I was in two minds about posting this. But, at the end of the day I have a commodity and like most people I'm credit crunched! So in doing this I might make a bit and someone gets the opportunity to buy something that has a 2+ year price tag attached.
Otherwise I just don't renew...makes no difference to me but someone might think it's worth the outlay to rid themselves of the wait.

It was not knowing how much the ticket costs and therefore you hoping to take in a wedge that put me off emailing you to be honest. Well, that and the fact I don't have multiple hundreds of quid lying around lol

bauers.prodigy said:
I must admit I was in two minds about posting this. But, at the end of the day I have a commodity and like most people I'm credit crunched! So in doing this I might make a bit and someone gets the opportunity to buy something that has a 2+ year price tag attached.
Otherwise I just don't renew...makes no difference to me but someone might think it's worth the outlay to rid themselves of the wait.
The fact that a season ticket is viewed as a commodity for me just enshrines the value of football diminishing, ahead of 'brand' and strips the values away of a once proud club.

Not your fault that you've bought into it. As I understand you position. But Look at it from another perspective.

As you say we are all credit crunched. But to let them go would allow the person who is next on the queue who will inevitably have been waiting longer for their opportunity. That person is no less or no greater worthy than any offer you may receive from any other party.

The only trait they will have exhibited is patience, and how do you know whether that person is less deserving than anyone else merely on the basis of price.

Do you wish to deny that person, for some small personal gain?

Because by doing so you are inadvertently fuelling the demand, and in turn the potential future price setting of the club (in some small and seemingly inconsequential way).

Maybe you hadn't thought of it this way (and even more probably you now consider me a patronising bastard with an idealized notion of the world).

Just let them go, knowing that you have made someone feel better. And that person is as deserving of them by virtue of doing what is right by the club.

Football is only a commodity is the fans collectively allow it to be. OK it already is, and it is all the worse for it, but every individual stand a fan makes, for me it holds on to that increasingly thinning thread of integrity, before it finally fucks itself in the face forever.

I would urge you to do the right thing, and feel happy about undertaking an altruistic gesture (the paradox of course being that I am a complete cunt with my own self serving interests).

:levystare:

qnl3j9.gif

bauers.prodigy said:
...then just do it for face value

Tricky, that has to be on of the finest posts I've seen on the forum.
Me being an abroad supporter, it doesnt really concern me I guess. Either way I'd like to think that waiting patiently in the ST-line should be rewarded by getting a ticket, paying your way forward doesn't seem right to me. No one is more deserving, strictly because they can outbid someone else.

This thread has left me feeling cold. This month alone Spurs have informed me that I'll be losing loyalty points for matches attended over 4 years ago and increased the price of my season ticket. Spurs are playing crap football and have been humiliated at Wembley. I've seen fans trying to sell other fans FA Cup tickets for £150 (5 times face value) and now season ticket holders auctioining their season tickets to other fans. 20 years of Premier League Football, that sums it up for me.

I understand it from bauers point of view, if he lets his season ticket go, he'll probably never get one again (unless we move stadium) and he loses all of his loyalty points. If someone was to rent it off of him, face value of course, then he has a couple of years to recover and then can take his season ticket back.

But it isn't not fair on the people waiting on the list. I know quite a few people that do this, but you'd have the hump if you were on the waiting list and people were getting in this way.

I know someone who is paying to have another person's season ticket but he's only paying face value for it.

Back
Top Bottom