Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only color that matters here is the Lilywhite of the shirt.
And the massive red AIA on the front for which sponsorship our club donates all the money to teenage cancer charities? Ha, we defiled that pure Lilywhite shirt years ago. It hasn’t looked like a Spurs shirt for years - everyone has got used to it, but that’s all that’s happened. We’ll put up with anything, but I accept your point was well meant.

Happy 4th of July btw. Fuck the British.

Last edited:
And the massive red AIA on the front for which sponsorship our club donates all the money to teenage cancer charities? Ha, we defiled that pure Lilywhite shirt years ago. It hasn’t looked like a Spurs shirt for years - everyone has got used to it, but that’s all that’s happened.

Jesus Joe - the term "Lilywhite" is symbolic not literal ... it means we all support the players "wearing the shirt" as in playing for our club regardless of race, creed or colour ... that's the problem with starting a blatantly racist thread it quite rightly just sets people off .....

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

Ignoring the race aspect of this post (and that’s most of it) to call Winks a bench player is insane. For me he only didn’t get player of the year because of the amount of games out injured. When injured our play and form also dropped big time.

And yes Winks compared to Sissoko is much more skilful, better at passing etc but that has sod all to do with race. Sissoko offers good power, running and also a great sense of positional awareness in a box to box role. They are different players.

If you can’t see how good a player Winks is and how lucky we are to have him then fuck me. Winks is our modern Carrick or Modric, you can almost judge a fans understanding of football if they can’t see how good and how important he is to our team in the way it functions. We don’t look or play the same without him.

wow i cant believe this thread has lasted 3 pages without being locked / deleted.

i remember watching a documentary by michael johnson that looked at why black runners dominate certain track events, looking at for example why only 1 white runner has done the 100m sub 10 seconds (9.99). essentially for the african-americans who do dominate - survival of the fittest seemed to be his point.

now there's nothing racist about being able to objectively say the fastest and most powerful sprinters are black, or the majority of dominant swimmers are white. but when you start saying things like "real black, not lighter shades" you simply show yourself up and display the way your racist mind works.

lets not bury our heads in the sand and pretend things aren't noticeable. but what i do find pretty staggering is this idea of 'more intelligent' players being brought into the conversation - then people to reply listing a few names of 'intelligent black players' like theres only a few you can think of?? find that pretty poor form.

for me, the op is stating his opinion and using the frequently criticised media as a scapegoat. sort your shit out, delete this thread, and re think how you view and respect people.

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

The very last sentence is up there with one of the most moronic things I've ever heard on this website.

That really takes some doing.

Congratulations.

wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

You're fucking fucked in the head mate.

Absolute nonsense. 🤦🏻‍♂️

But on a serious note:

It's unavoidable that some charasteristics of players from different countries form as stereotypes. It doesn't mean it's racist.

Germans - Machines
Spaniards - Technical
Dutch - Tactical masterminds
Brits - Cunts

These traits are true, to an extent.

I love to jump in when I perceive racism, but this is codswallop.

People are far to quick to pull the racist card in today's day and age same as with Judas when he was mentioning lack of black managers. The only real racists in football press and and higher positions are those who make everything about race

The OP was coming from a good place but my word that was a shocking way to put forward the case.

Racism in football is a symptom of racism in society. There are negative stereotypes out there, and it does feel more prominent considering the political climate Throughout the west.

On Sissoko - he is obviously an incredible athlete, that can’t be denied, but he’s also very intelligent tactically. His problem is sadly that sometimes his feet can’t match his brain.

I don’t think you can be have low footy IQ and survive under Pochettino. He soon finds you out.

Poch demands above all a good brain and a elite work ethic. That his 3 most expensive signings are currently black shows he doesn’t buy into these stereotypes, especially heartwarming considering he comes from small town Argentina (read their history with black people - it’s not nice at all).

We know what Poch thinks of Ronaldinho, Okocha and Dembele. N’Dombele he probably has in a similar bracket. Danny Rose has been referred to as the managers Son.

Ben Davies alongside Sissoko are classic examples of the Poch ethos and they come from different backgrounds.

Players like Townsend and Janssen he clearly doesn’t rate as they consistently displayed low IQ.

I don’t really care for what the media think, all that matters to me is what the leading heads within the Spurs hierarchy think, and one of the biggest draws of supporting this club for me is how inclusive it has always felt. My elders used to talk about a pride that they felt watching the likes of Crooks, Hughton and Wilson in the 80’s, when WHL loudly backed Danny Thomas after he missed in the ‘84 penalty shootout. Hughton being a constant presence, Judas and Ledley as captains, Sir Les, Chris Ramsey... The club has always tried to do its part. We as a society can do better though, always.

Strange post. Hasn't even stepped on the pitch for us yet and I haven't seen a thing about potential partnerships outside of this forum, let alone "Pace and Power" stereotype. Bit out of the blue mate.

Back
Top Bottom