Rangers - would we wish it on Woolwich?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Rangers - would we wish it on Woolwich?

Cripps14 said:
If "SPL 2: The Return Of The Huns" happens this will set a dreadful precedent for Scottish teams. The whole "too big to fail" thing is quite annoying. They should be punished in the same way a club like Gretna or Livingstone gets punished.

:gazza2: has said he'd be happy to play for them in the third division, so that alone should be an incentive not to form an SPL 2.

Understand where your coming from about "too big to fail etc" but Gretna were first put into the 3rd Div after the administration, however due to a takeover withdrawal they had no one to fund them and seized to exist.

There was a time I would have gone with the 'need them' argument. But to be quite frank, to see them spiral to mediocrity and then out of the Prem would be quite funny.

GodSaveTheKing said:
Cripps14 said:
If "SPL 2: The Return Of The Huns" happens this will set a dreadful precedent for Scottish teams. The whole "too big to fail" thing is quite annoying. They should be punished in the same way a club like Gretna or Livingstone gets punished.

:gazza2: has said he'd be happy to play for them in the third division, so that alone should be an incentive not to form an SPL 2.

Understand where your coming from about "too big to fail etc" but Gretna were first put into the 3rd Div after the administration, however due to a takeover withdrawal they had no one to fund them and seized to exist.

Rangers are dead mate they don't exist any more.
Newco shouldn't even be allowed in the professional leagues because they don't have 3 years audited accounts. Newco aren't allowed to be called Rangers (something which doesn't seem to get reported down south). Rangers would still be mediocre and would still be a club if they didn't think they were bigger than they actually were , their success came from spending money they didn't have and wasting money on duds like Tore Andre Flo 12m. They killed Scottish football and thought they would get away with cheating. Good riddance to the huns they won't be missed.

Spurs Bhoy said:
Good riddance they won't be missed.

Interesting in terms of the discussion about wishing it on Woolwich, as you are experiencing it first hand. Obviously the hatred in the old firm is from a different place, and immediately, it must feel great for Celtic fans.

But by the end of next season, and then the one after, I wonder if you will start to miss the fact that your biggest fixture, and the game which has stirred the fire in the bellies of your dads and grandads like no other game can come close to, has gone. Forever.

Was there ever an atmosphere at Parkhead equal to when you played Rangers? Was there any other away game you felt the same adrenaline rush travelling to? Did you ever feel as good after beating them, or as low after losing to them, with any other team?

Thats gone, and I cant understand how any football fan would not miss it.....hence why I wouldnt wish it on The Scum.

spooky said:
There was a time I would have gone with the 'need them' argument. But to be quite frank, to see them spiral to mediocrity and then out of the Prem would be quite funny.

Out of the PL is a massive difference to doing a Rangers though...

GodSaveTheKing said:
sammyspurs said:
Thats gone, and I cant understand how any football fan would not miss it.....hence why I wouldnt wish it on The Scum.

TBH I could do without the stress!

You'd feel lost without it!

I laugh when West Ham go down every other year, but Im glad when they resurface.......would MUCH rather watch us play them than Ipswich, or Cardiff. Thats purely down to the hatred for me!

sammyspurs said:
GodSaveTheKing said:
sammyspurs said:

TBH I could do without the stress!

You'd feel lost without it!

I laugh when West Ham go down every other year, but Im glad when they resurface.......would MUCH rather watch us play them than Ipswich, or Cardiff. Thats purely down to the hatred for me!

I'd rather we play Ipswich, then I can taunt the fuck out of my mates when we destroy them.

:nawty:

I wouldn't feel lost without it, I would taunt every fucking Goon I know on the day we played their replacement every year until I die a happy man that those cunts have ceased to exist.

sammyspurs said:
Spurs Bhoy said:
Good riddance they won't be missed.

Interesting in terms of the discussion about wishing it on Woolwich, as you are experiencing it first hand. Obviously the hatred in the old firm is from a different place, and immediately, it must feel great for Celtic fans.

But by the end of next season, and then the one after, I wonder if you will start to miss the fact that your biggest fixture, and the game which has stirred the fire in the bellies of your dads and grandads like no other game can come close to, has gone. Forever.

Was there ever an atmosphere at Parkhead equal to when you played Rangers? Was there any other away game you felt the same adrenaline rush travelling to? Did you ever feel as good after beating them, or as low after losing to them, with any other team?

I get what you're saying but it isn't like any other rivalry. Rangers are scum , and it is always good beating them and challenging but they really are unbearable.

And on the atmosphere front , Champions League matches beat it.

Look what the Huns done to Manchester in 2008 and then sending bombs and bullets to our manager because he is a catholic from Northern Ireland.

I get what you're saying about rivalry and the challenge of course it will be missed to a degree , but if we have to do without that to make sure there's no more Huns then I'm all for it. I honestly hope Celtic downsize so much that the Hearts and Dundee Uniteds start challenging us.

And don't believe the hype about how no one in Scotland would go to a 1 horse race championship , every club has sold more season tickets than recent years and Dundee and United had 11,000 yesterday for a preseason friendly.

Hard to fully explain what the rivalry is like to people who haven't experienced it but it's uncomfortable to say the least.

The whole bullets in the post thing is disgusting. Nobody deserves that.

Although I did meet Neil Lennon in a curry house in Glasgow after you beat Aberdeen in the League Cup Semi-Final last year and he was a cunt (and absolutely hammered too).

I think the problem with the rivalry has something to do with the history of the traditional fans of these clubs. The whole protestant v catholic/ unionist v separatist thing drags it into pseudo political realms. It's not just a sporting rivalry it's so much more.

sammyspurs said:
spooky said:

Out of the PL is a massive difference to doing a Rangers though...

It's because the likelihood of that happening is zero. But in theory, to see them 'disappear' in the many Rangers have would be poetic justice, considering their history from South to North.

Cripps14 said:
The whole bullets in the post thing is disgusting. Nobody deserves that.

Although I did meet Neil Lennon in a curry house in Glasgow after you beat Aberdeen in the League Cup Semi-Final last year and he was a cunt (and absolutely hammered too).

I think the problem with the rivalry has something to do with the history of the traditional fans of these clubs. The whole protestant v catholic/ unionist v separatist thing drags it into pseudo political realms. It's not just a sporting rivalry it's so much more.

It is so much more to the rivalry than football , Scottish Football may downsize but trust me the country will be a better place with Rangers.

Being biased but I serious believe it's the most intense derby in the world and will miss it , but when you even read some of the stuff on forums and the calls to phone in shows it's sickening.

What's been the reaction of the Rangers fanbase? They supporting Newco? I know 'Rangers' don't exist any more but surely that's just in the legal world. Fans are the club and all that jazz.

spooky said:
What's been the reaction of the Rangers fanbase? They supporting Newco? I know 'Rangers' don't exist any more but surely that's just in the legal world. Fans are the club and all that jazz.
I know loads of the fuckers and they are all behind the newco. "We'll show them.", that type of thing. All of the fans I know wanted the new team to start in the third division too, so they could keep a semblance of pride.

Lots of them going to boycott away games though. This might not lead to a fairer spread of money throughout Scorland after all....

spooky said:

Some genuinely seem to believe they'll be back in the Champions League and winning the Spl in 4 years time....

They aren't the brightest. Really don't think it's sunk in how much trouble they are in though , had more protesters outside Ibrox when they signed a catholic than when they went into administration.

Everyone in Scotland's just bored with it tbh the season can't come quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom