Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why ?

Genuine question btw, after all Jimmy said that swearing is part of sport. Something like that anyway.
In those days it was rarely used - right at the far end of the scale in terms of acceptablility in public. The 'f' word was bad enough.

I think he was too much of a gent to have gone that far in public.

What do you think, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - and others of a suitable age? I may have got it wrong.

71-B3-B48-D-BEA0-4-E3-B-A512-9-AE929024-CF9.jpg

63/64 season photo shoot

oh and I just realised why....interesting. OK put it like this, it is the best of this forum. Its the way the good bits are all the time. Its also absent of the characters that need to dominate all discourse. And the ones with the weird agendas and personal beefs. Its quality.😊

In those days it was rarely used - right at the far end of the scale in terms of acceptablility in public. The 'f' word was bad enough.

I think he was too much of a gent to have gone that far in public.

What do you think, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - and others of a suitable age? I may have got it wrong.
Thanks for that.
In public, yeah. But it was certainly in use, I'd be very surprised if he hadn't called anyone a C during an argument, whilst drunk, or even on the pitch, albeit quietly.

oh and I just realised why....interesting. OK put it like this, it is the best of this forum. Its the way the good bits are all the time. Its also absent of the characters that need to dominate all discourse. And the ones with the weird agendas and personal beefs. Its quality.😊
Oh no, that's torn it. They'll be posting on here in their droves now!
:mourfacepalm:
I love this thread, and get a ridiculous amount of pleasure when I recognize old players before anyone else
:mourloopy:

Un supporter de l'équipe de Tottenham

L'écussion d'un supporter de l'équipe de football britannique de Tottenham, circa 1950 au Royaume-Uni. (Photo by KEYSTONE-FRANCE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)......
FAF46885-BB72-47-A5-8526-9-AE35-C675-AE7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom