Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at how happy everyone is in the crowd

That day had a Cup Final feel to it. We drove up there on mass (from Potters Bar), mates from school (I'm 10yrs old) and their Dad's, uncles, Grandad's etc. The meeting place was Cafe opposite the Petrol Station on Barnet Road, seemed like 20 or 30 cars in the convoy, which was probably a lot less Loool but all had scarves and ribbons tied to them. Very, very happy memories with a genuine carnival atmosphere. I remember absolutely fuck all about the game.

I'm not in that pic but many who I travelled with are, I can be spotted in my profile pic though, chucking the ticker tape with my new Spurs shirt on.

Amazing shot. I have said on this thread before about the shelf, but each new photo I see still makes me grin ear to ear. In full voice, it must have made those Tottenham players feel invincible.

Like others have written, the new stadium is great but for me, this picture is Spurs in all its pomp and glory.
100% agree. To be specific, the White Hart Lane that we left wasn't very good (we all have our eras so I've no beef with those that say they loved it), but THAT White Hart Lane in the pic's, pre-demolition of The Shelf was my Spurs and I miss that dearly, although I only ever got to go in there a couple of times (I spent most of my time in The Paxton, or on the lower part of East Stand bellow the Shelf.

I think the new place is miles better than the WHL that remained.

C62-CACB9-AB92-4-D84-9-A23-49-A795-D8-E582.jpg

100% agree. To be specific, the White Hart Lane that we left wasn't very good (we all have our eras so I've no beef with those that say they loved it), but THAT White Hart Lane in the pic's, pre-demolition of The Shelf was my Spurs and I miss that dearly, although I only ever got to go in there a couple of times (I spent most of my time in The Paxton, or on the lower part of East Stand bellow the Shelf.

I think the new place is miles better than the WHL that remained.
Thats where i am ,pretty much.I would go back to WHL in a heart beat,but pre 82 WHL.
Not the the last incarnation.

Thats where i am ,pretty much.I would go back to WHL in a heart beat,but pre 82 WHL.
Not the the last incarnation.
For me, pre-1981.
How I miss the old West Stand. used to love standing by the tunnel watching the players come out.
Seeing the stand from the High Road was amazing.
With the huge "Tottenham Hotspur Football Club" emblazoned on the front.
Great times.
Also miss floodlight pylons. Something truly historical about them.
Walking to the ground, especially for an evening game, and seeing them lit up in the distance.

Back
Top Bottom