Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crooks scores the only goal against woolwich, FA Cup 3rd round 1982.

d2232237_1a9c_4f96_9ad5_796286640c43_1020x612.jpg
Remember that goal pretty well, was in that upper tier, further up in the centre.

Banners ,a blast from the past.
Popular cup final day.Didn't the BBC or ITV have a competition for the wittiest?
My two favourites at spurs were
"Nutty Naylor slays ya"
and
"Glenn Hoddle lays on more balls than Fiona Richmond"

I had to ask my dad what the 2nd one meant.
.He told me to " Shut and eat ya peanuts"
I have tears I laughed so much - not so much the banner but your dad's reply!

Last edited:
Lifted from here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2015/may/30/memory-lane-fa-cup-finals-in-pictures

1901 Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United
Tottenham players celebrate after scoring in front of packed terraces at Crystal Palace. The match boasted a then-record crowd of 114,000
MLruAHd.jpg

1921 Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Fans watch the FA Cup final at Stamford Bridge, which Spurs won 1-0.
83l4Cov.jpg

1961 Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
Spurs captain Danny Blanchflower carries the trophy as he leads his victorious team-mates past the crowd after winning 2-0.
EP27Iq5.jpg

1967 Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea
Spurs players Mike England, left, and Jimmy Greaves, celebrate Spurs’ 2-1 victory with a pint of milk.
KjXP0KW.jpg

Lifted from here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2015/may/30/memory-lane-fa-cup-finals-in-pictures

1901 Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United
Tottenham players celebrate after scoring in front of packed terraces at Crystal Palace. The match boasted a then-record crowd of 114,000
MLruAHd.jpg

1921 Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Fans watch the FA Cup final at Stamford Bridge, which Spurs won 1-0.
83l4Cov.jpg

1961 Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
Spurs captain Danny Blanchflower carries the trophy as he leads his victorious team-mates past the crowd after winning 2-0.
EP27Iq5.jpg

1967 Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea
Spurs players Mike England, left, and Jimmy Greaves, celebrate Spurs’ 2-1 victory with a pint of milk.
KjXP0KW.jpg

whatever happened to the post cup final bottle of milk

That looks like it could be the Bell & Hare in the background. Traffic lights on the right, could be the crossing of the Park Lane and Tottenham High Road...

Can't be, Bell and Hare has 3 floors, that has two and that road sign says Tottenham Green East, South side. Thats between seven sisters and Bruce grove on the high road. Near to where the Swan pub used to be

The old Tottenham town hall was a fantastic building..went to a cousins wedding reception there in 1980..The next year was outside it seeing the cup come home.There was no parade in 82 because the Pope was playing Wembley on the Sunday.Our last parade was 1991.

Back
Top Bottom