Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I struggle with left and right, but don't think Bobby is in the photo, do you mean Maurice Norman at the back - the blond guy could be Peter Baker. The two guys at the front are Frank Saul and Eddie Clayton, I think.
Yeah guy at back far left is not bobby smith sorry I’m not that familiar with black and white photos of Tottenham as I’m sure you not either I can pick out the obvious but there are many I haven’t a clue who they are..... :thumbdown:

I struggle with left and right, but don't think Bobby is in the photo, do you mean Maurice Norman at the back - the blond guy could be Peter Baker. The two guys at the front are Frank Saul and Eddie Clayton, I think.
7646-AFD7-01-DB-466-E-B1-A4-8-AAB70369-D5-E.jpg

eddie Clayton thinks so played for us 57-67 but only played 92 games but that’s perhaps quite a lot.

Agree 100%, have thought it for years.

It really is so straightforward isn't it?

Avoid a colour clash with the opposition by wearing the exact opposite of the home kit!

There's really no need for Jade/green or Purple!!
What do you think Danny boys idea for that is all this different coloured t:shirts with a spurs motif on them then?

Back row
Maurice Norman, Peter Baker, Tony Marchi, Bill Brown, Danny Blanchflower, Ron Henry.
Front row,
Cliff Jones, John White, Frank Saul, Eddie Clayton, Terry Dyson.
See it’s an age thing.......:sandroscream: but in saying that the “ players not doing well thread” there are a lot of names on there I don’t know.....🤔

The History of the Spurs Shirt is unearthing some gems.
Apparently, there is no known example of this particular shirt in existence. One of the reasons is because it was never worn in a cup final, and from this era, it is generally only such jerseys that ever found their way out of the WHL kit room.
Before the 1960s, shirts were washed and worn a few times, then used as training tops, then cut up for dusters and cleaning cloths.
Can you imagine that happening today?

The History of the Spurs Shirt is unearthing some gems.
Apparently, there is no known example of this particular shirt in existence. One of the reasons is because it was never worn in a cup final, and from this era, it is generally only such jerseys that ever found their way out of the WHL kit room.
Before the 1960s, shirts were washed and worn a few times, then used as training tops, then cut up for dusters and cleaning cloths.
Can you imagine that happening today?
Yeah if memory Serves Greaves i think mentioned that players got two shirts a season and they’d to look after them or they had to pay for them! they were mended as well sewing up if ripped no wonder none survived. Side note the majority would love a 60s style shirt now no RED green or any other colour they can think of white, navy at a push yellow for a change kit if need be......please

Avoid a colour clash with the opposition by wearing the exact opposite of the home kit!

Apparently, the reason the navy wasn't approved as a second strip back then was because the FA thought it was too clise to the black shirts worn by the officials.

Yeah if memory Serves Greaves i think mentioned that players got two shirts a season and they’d to look after them or they had to pay for them! they were mended as well sewing up if ripped no wonder none survived. Side note the majority would love a 60s style shirt now no RED green or any other colour they can think of white, navy at a push yellow for a change kit if need be......please
And for this reason,i still cant get my head round why we didn't have "a last season at the lane shirt"
It would have been an instant classic,sold for years.
Levy dropped a bollock there IMHO.

Apparently, the reason the navy wasn't approved as a second strip back then was because the FA thought it was too close to the black shirts worn by the officials.
Well no excuse to avoid it nowadays then....

Refs/Officials seem to wear every colour BUT black now!

"....who's the wanker, who's the wanker, who's the wanker in the Lime Green/ Luminous Yellow/ Pink?" Hasn't got the same ring to it!

And for this reason,i still cant get my head round why we didn't have "a last season at the lane shirt"
It would have been an instant classic,sold for years.
Levy dropped a bollock there IMHO.
You’d think the club would take a think to themselves Toffs & Scoredraw do retro shirts up until recently it was with us anyway 60s & 70s retro and a lot of people buy them they were...... white shirts with a badge give the people what they want.

I thought it was a shot of Scotland. :troll:

Back
Top Bottom