Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks shempz shempz , happy memories. Please don't tell me winning a cup isn't important to supporters - most of the best days (and worst) are Spurs connected.

Thanks Mrs P. I knew I had them in my loft somewhere, and found them when looking for some other stuff a few weeks back. The original photos are all in great condition (and the Stevie P photo looks especially great). I was lucky to get them, as a girl I worked with back in the late 90s was going out with some bloke who was a Press Association photographer - so she asked him to get some Spurs photos for me for free.

....and yes, cups are important, after all, as we all know, the game is about glory. No one cares if you came 2nd in the league or runners up in the cup 10 years in row.

Were the police horses a regular sight on match day in the 70s, 80s?
Yes.You always had at least one by all the main entrances.A lot more at big games(sometimes you think you were at Aintree,not white hart lane!).Nearly had one of the big bastards step back on my leg, away to west ham.I also remember one cozzer on a horse, by the entrances on Worcester Avenue always did his best to make sure we had a shit day. Ah the memories

Yes.You always had at least one by all the main entrances.A lot more at big games(sometimes you think you were at Aintree,not white hart lane!).Nearly had one of the big bastards step back on my leg, away to west ham.I also remember one cozzer on a horse, by the entrances on Worcester Avenue always did his best to make sure we had a shit day. Ah the memories
Did they pick up the horses doofers if it made a mess?

F492-F6-FF-1-E7-A-4-E41-AFCF-28-E38-F7683-DA.jpg

19/4/80 Tottenham 3-0 Everton

Really shows how much younger fans used to be on the whole.

You can tell by the singing when you watch an old game from the Big Match etc. Everyone sounds U16.
Even as a (really) old timer i would more than welcome a much younger crowd at the Lane. Would be a bit livelier but the powers that be don't really want that. Nor do the majority of our ageing support.

Back
Top Bottom