Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
Poch never cared about the cups which will be why we got to 2 cup finals under him & numerous semi finals … and since have got to one league cup final (which we didn’t turn up in) full stop.

But yes.. a Poch issue. Definitely not part of the culture at the club which transcends individuals.
I'd say Poch cared about cups, he usually went strong in them, certainly in the latter stages. His record was certainly good in getting close to the finish line on several occasions. But of course he had Levy forever breathing down his neck about the top 4 being the very meaning of existence.
I definitely want to win trophy´s!

But u get a shitload of money qualifying for the CL, and an even bigger shitload participating. We need that money to be able to spend on decent players. AND you attract better players playing in the CL.
Those are my 2 reasons why it is so important with Top-4.

But why can´t we aim for both? I don´t see it as impossible to end up in Top-4 every season AND winning the FA-cup, League cup, or the league.

But for those things to happen you need to do the right things. You need to have a really good DOF, you need a really good scouting team, you need a really good modern manager. And the MOST IMPORTANT thing is, you need a CEO that doesn´t stick his nose in everywhere, and most certainly not in the footballing side.

How can all this be impossible? I mean Levy must have gotten a fair few contacts in the football buisness through the years. Just ask them "who do you think is the best DOF, Manager, Chief scout around" and hire them. WE CAN AFFORD IT!

You know I've seen no real evidence of being in the CL resulting in better players joining us. In fact our recruitment hasn't changed at all since getting top 4, still the same old random punts on players you have to google for the most part. Instead the 40 mill just seems to go straight into enic coffers, or is randomly splurged around on youngsters Levy thinks might turn into the next Bale. I can't imagine any superstar wanting to join a club that never takes winning trophies seriously, especially now that the great Poch built team is becoming a distant memory. The attraction of the stadium and training facilities are exaggerated too, in real life a top player would far rather join a club with recent history of success who takes winning seriously. Seeing both Mourinho and Conte fail to win trophies will be the final nail in our coffin.

Last edited:
Call me delusional but is Pochettino coming back finally the piece of jigsaw where we get it right and we actually start winning stuff? I can’t help but feel he is so desperate for this club to succeed and feels so frustrated with being so close, he will do everything in his power to succeed. He loves us and we love him. I honestly don’t want any other manager.

Call me delusional but is Pochettino coming back finally the piece of jigsaw where we get it right and we actually start winning stuff? I can’t help but feel he is so desperate for this club to succeed and feels so frustrated with being so close, he will do everything in his power to succeed. He loves us and we love him. I honestly don’t want any other manager.
I'd love him back, if only because he loves the club and doesn't play Conte-ball. Will still need another handful of quality signings in the summer.

Failing him, a longer term appointment who also plays attacking football and who will develop the young players.

There's one man who will try his hardest to stop that happening though! :levylol:

You're delusional.

It doesn't matter who comes in or back unless our recruitment improves dramatically it will be more or less the same carry on as before .Danny needs to stop his involvement with the football side and leave it to football people .

I'd love him back, if only because he loves the club and doesn't play Conte-ball. Will still need another handful of quality signings in the summer.

Failing him, a longer term appointment who also plays attacking football and who will develop the young players.
With Udogie already coming in, he would need an elite LCB and and elite GK as a minimum. I think players like Bissouma, Spence, Richarlison & Son will all benefit from Poch.

Which given how badly they have been used so far this season whether wrong tactics or underused - would be a siginificant increase of quality.

- Then who the fuck is the answer? When serial winners Mourinho and Conte don´t succeed?
We will never get Pep or Klopp that´s for sure. Tuchel is another boring psychopath prick.

So why not give it another go with as you said "the best manager we´ve had since Bill Nick"??

And YES i´m fucking desperate, and therefore maybe not thinking rational, but those who aren´t desperate after these 4 years needs a head exam!

The question is, is Poch willing to work under Levy again?
I don't know what the answer is. But if you were to ask me who I think might work out then I would get De Zerbi because I've been impressed with the way his team plays whenever I've watched Brighton and the football analysts on twitter have been absolutely creaming themselves over him over the way he sets his teams up tactically. So he passes my eye test and the analysts tactics test.

I've been impressed with what Marco Silva has done at Fulham as well with the type of football they've been playing.

I have no idea if they'll work out, it depends on the boards strategy (lol). But I think managers like the two I've just mentioned are more in line with that. We need managers that will punch above their weight and can actually have us playing football. I'm getting kind of tired of seeing us sit in our own half for 90 minutes and hoping that Kane bails us out.

Game Of Thrones Yes GIF by MOODMAN

Good point!

Trying to get Neymar and Messi to press from the front has to do that to a person. Hopefully he realises he'd be walking into a similar situation with Kane and Son (Son especially cant do it or doesn't want to, any more).
For it to stand a chance of working with Poch and probably De Zerbi and others is if Kane and Son are sold. They will need a young, high pressing, high energy team and those 2 just arent capable of that anymore. I know Kane is still quality and its going to be a wrench but a new fresh start should be exactly that.

Do we even know if Poch wants the job/has had a big bang on the head recently?
Levy does seem to have an odd hold over people. Everyone within the club always seems to like him.

Martin Jol was sacked at half time but is now friendly with him. Poch fell out with him but friendly again. I don't think i've ever heard any former employee slag him off publicly.

I was listening to John Gorman on Spurs Show podcast. He was ENIC's first assistant manager under Glenn Hoddle. Spoke well of Levy.

I shorten it to: feel like shit, just want Dad back

Levy does seem to have an odd hold over people. Everyone within the club always seems to like him.

Martin Jol was sacked at half time but is now friendly with him. Poch fell out with him but friendly again. I don't think i've ever heard any former employee slag him off publicly.

I was listening to John Gorman on Spurs Show podcast. He was ENIC's first assistant manager under Glenn Hoddle. Spoke well of Levy.

Yep Redknapp too. People can be a control freak, obsessed with money, bad (or good, whichever way you want to look at it) at their jobs and still be a nice guy. Not speaking from personal experiences or anything....:sneaky:

On that second point.

I'd keep an eye on Mark Van Bommel for the inevitable 2025 managerial appointment.

Perhaps they're all scared of him because of the power he has financially over them? Club ambassadors answer to him after all, re. the ex managers he's probably got them all covered by very detailed non-disclosure agreements.
Tell you what though, us fans nearly all hate his guts and we were completely supportive to start with. So there is obviously a serious problem with the guy. The number of his critics go up alarmingly every season too. I'm pretty sure you can add Kane to that list too now, oh and just about every club president he has dealt with over transfers!!
For me the proof is in the pudding on the pitch. Levy's pudding is thin, watery and tasteless and likely over-priced.

Back
Top Bottom