Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Desperately needs a goal. He might look like a completely different player with that weight off his shoulders. That said, I was never overly impressed with him at Everton. At best I thought he could be a nuisance. I think a good World Cup in which he scored a few goals, one a brilliant goal, over-rated him somewhat in some people's eyes. He'll never be any more than a decent Premier League player.
If he does "come good", I hope we still sell him while his value is high. He'll likely never be good enough. Even at his best he's just about above average.

Rather just take the £30m or whatever and put that towards a different forward.

He's bad at keeping the ball. Every time he receives it with his back to goal and a defender behind him, he loses it. Then he gets despondent and moody. It's not a good response. Be stronger, be more aware, practice trapping the ball or knocking it where you can reach it. But don't just make the same mistakes over and over again. If he doesn't figure this out by Jan, we need to ship him out.

Just at thought: Maybe Romero big-dogging him has knocked his confidence. Or maybe his pigeon dancing thing has (Crouch got a bit shit during his robot spell, I don't think it's good for their self-image).

I just think he’s a big fanny.

If he does "come good", I hope we still sell him while his value is high. He'll likely never be good enough. Even at his best he's just about above average.

I got a good feeling he will come good.

A front three of Solomon ---- Richy ---- Johnson will score lots of goals.

One of the biggest improvements in yesterdays game was Solomon, actually providing and doing what a winger should be doing.

For the previous games with Son there, almost nothing was created. I am also expecting a big improvement in the right when Johnson starts.

Exciting times.

Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

He really has to buck a trend how many players really turn things around to get to the level that is needed .I was one giving him a clean slate for this season as I thought the mood around the camp would be more upbeat than the chaos of last season .But the evidence to date would point to things just not working out with us .I hope I am wrong and he turns it around at least somewhat .

I thought he was bang average at Watford.
I thought he was bang average at Everton..
He's been below average at Spurs

We really need to stop buying players who are either hard workers or skilled. They should be both.

We haven’t seen Richy make any of the kind of runs Son was making off the ball yesterday. He’s good in the air but doesn't seem to have good awareness off the ball. Im still thinking he can come good and add value in some capacity. It’ll be tough if Son keeps playing like that though.

We haven’t seen Richy make any of the kind of runs Son was making off the ball yesterday. He’s good in the air but doesn't seem to have good awareness off the ball. Im still thinking he can come good and add value in some capacity. It’ll be tough if Son keeps playing like that though.
Best we can hope is if we need a goal late on, we add him to to the attack. Cause taking anyone off for him is a downgrade IMO

I just hope that his hunger for minutes will make him eager to move to Fulham or club like that if reasonable offer arrives. Still want to believe he can contribute here, but with the way Anges system works - he can make it only at CF cause he is absolutely not an Ange winger. Maybe vs low blocks he will get some important minutes, but in more open matches it has to be Son there.

I just hope that his hunger for minutes will make him eager to move to Fulham or club like that if reasonable offer arrives. Still want to believe he can contribute here, but with the way Anges system works - he can make it only at CF cause he is absolutely not an Ange winger. Maybe vs low blocks he will get some important minutes, but in more open matches it has to be Son there.
I think the difference between him and Ndombele is he will be out the door like a whippet if he thinks he isn't playing.
Can't fault him at all there. He just wants to play football.

I still think he'll be alright. He won't score a ton of goals, but he doesn't really need to. He could honestly put up the same numbers he did at Everton and be fine.

Can’t see him working his way back into the starting lineup for a while at this point. Structurally we’re so much better with Sonny central and with Brennan coming into the side, it’s hard to see where he fits. There’s nothing wrong with a bench role; he just needs to take his chances

Wilson & Antonio have 2 goals each btw.

'Argh 9' is going to have to show a lot of character, and improve his composure on the ball by a tonne to turn it around.

Son at CF was always Ange's preferred option, but he's allowed Richarlison to play his way out of the team without losing him.

masterful man management of a very emotional player.

I still think he'll be alright. He won't score a ton of goals, but he doesn't really need to. He could honestly put up the same numbers he did at Everton and be fine.
Can't see him getting close to 10, that's the scary thing.

At relegation fodder teams he won't be playing against 10 men behind the ball

I'm not a fan of his but do feel he can still be a perfectly adequate squad player. Whether he's happy to be that, probably not. He might need a club similar to Everton where he's Daddy big bollocks and seen as their talisman, as was the case with Everton.

I'm not a fan of his but do feel he can still be a perfectly adequate squad player. Whether he's happy to be that, probably not. He might need a club similar to Everton where he's Daddy big bollocks and seen as their talisman, as was the case with Everton.
I said the same thing with GLC in 2019 - too expensive for us to be a squad player. That kind of money should be first on the team sheet. And with the way we run on such a constrained budget, I'd try to get as much of that money back ASAP before it's lost completely.

I was actively against making GLC permanent. And I hate being right about that.

He really has to buck a trend how many players really turn things around to get to the level that is needed .I was one giving him a clean slate for this season as I thought the mood around the camp would be more upbeat than the chaos of last season .But the evidence to date would point to things just not working out with us .I hope I am wrong and he turns it around at least somewhat .

Agree 100% with this.

Nothing points to Richarlison being a success with us and hard to see that changing.

Back
Top Bottom