Right bed wetters, it's time to man up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm calling bullshit here. It has nothing to do with success (on whatever basis you measure it), we were always good at moaning about stuff, people just tag the moaning to what ever the situation and extrapolate something which they 'reckon' sits with their idea as to why it is happening.

No-one can objectively say why 36,000 individual people do or do not want to do something. It just isn't possible.

everyone has their reason to moan and whinge on any given day as much as they have to be upbeat and positive. just the way of the world and people would be a lot more chilled it they could just accept it.

It has everything to do with 'success' imv - this very forum is a living testament to that - most the American supporters emerged after the Inter home games following a massive main-stream media circle jerk over Bale, etc. - for better or worse - this is where Levy wants to drive the club in terms of corporate image, identity, etc, and this is what happens when we push on to the next level - increased world-wide exposure, fan base, and most importantly - marke. The rest the inevitable collateral from that. If we want the Damiaos and Moutinho - we need to take what comes with that.

Are you honestly telling me that if this scenario was unfolding in the late 90s / early 00s fans would be booing and whinging at half time the way they're are now. 3rd in the Prem ahead of some massively rich clubs!

WHO THE FUCK do we think we are? Tiny stadium, haven't won he league in 50 fucking years, mediocre players, 1 CL appearance, tiny budget, and now we are entitled to success? Do me a favour

Oh how the mighty and all that comes to mind

Very simple math here, mate

We are paying Top 6 wages for Top 6 players (Some are even mid-table material at best)

With the exception of Bale, Lloris and Vertonghen - we need to rely on a good manager in motivating the team to perform better than the sum of its parts in order to push on from there. We have very little true Top 3 quality in our squad - that is the cold reality - and the sooner people accept that - the sooner the mood might start changing. We are not owned a Top 4 place like Utd and City - we need to earn it by performing better than teams who turn-over quadruple our wage bill.

It has everything to do with 'success' imv - this very forum is a living testament to that - most the American supporters emerged after the Inter home games following a massive main-stream media circle jerk over Bale, etc. - for better or worse - this is where Levy wants to drive the club in terms of corporate image, identity, etc, and this is what happens when we push on to the next level - increased world-wide exposure, fan base, and most importantly - marke. The rest the inevitable collateral from that. If we want the Damiaos and Moutinho - we need to take what comes with that.

Are you honestly telling me that if this scenario was unfolding in the late 90s / early 00s fans would be booing and whinging at half time the way they're are now

Oh how the mighty and all that comes to mind

Very simple math here, mate

We are playing Top 6 wages for Top 6 players

With the exception of Bale, Lloris and Vertonghen - we need to rely on a good manager in motivating the team to perform better than the sum of its parts in order to push on from there. We have very little true Top 3 quality in our squad - that is the cold reality - and the sooner people accept that - the sooner the mood might start changing. We are not owned a Top 4 place like Utd and City - we need to earn it by performing better than team who turn-over quadruple our wage bill.

bull shit, this site is a testament to one man listening to a load of semi pissed fans talking shit and generally having a giggle along the way and deciding to create a place for people to similarly talk shit and giggles.

the people who populate this site themselves are from far and wide with disparate views on all manner of things.

And it isn't 'simple maths' at all, there is no substantive statistical analysis you could possibly provide to support your theory.

it's just a theory, that is all.

For example other theories that booing didn't happen in the 90's / 00's are; because apathy was king; or because money (and more importantly credit) were more readily available so as a society we didn't give a toss quite so much because we'd all go out and get shitfaced; because sky sports weren't there 24/7 telling all the thick cunts how much they cared and what they should or shouldn't do about it.

See no more or no substantive than your own, and none any more or less valid.

Now just chill and enjoy the Friday, bro.

And it isn't 'simple maths' at all, there is no substantive statistical analysis you could possibly provide to support your theory.

it's just a theory, that is all.

Sadly - it isn't, mate - else Damiao and Moutinho would be lining up against Everton on Sunday - not Dempsey and Parker.

For all the bollox Arry spoke - his simple 'analysis' of our wage structure compared to the global transfer market was starkly accurate - we cannot pay the top players, and that is that.

If you don't beleive me - have a look at these - official finanical reports - these aren't theories - this is what other top clubs spend on wages and we are nowhere near.

oooh, pretty graphs and charts. And some numbers in a spreadsheet.

I'll be back later and work how these are to do with people's expectation as I've got to shoot now.

And if you could sort out a Venn diagram that would pretty much make my Friday.

Many thanks in advance.

:love:

tbf, are we completely fucked? probably not.

is this the nightmare scenario people are making it out to be? probably not

would we really be spurs if we didn't do it all the hard way? absa-fucking-loutly

it was always going to be this, it's the way of the world. you cannot have your 'ying' without a 'yang'.

And just remember kids, 'it's the hope that kills you'.

But was you saying the same thing this time last year?
:vdvhmm:

People expect us to be in the Top 4 when in reality we are (financially speaking, wages, etc.) Top 6 at best

define 'people' and try and be as accurate as you can if you want this to be more than just a theory.

I want substantive evidence of every single persons view on this nothing less. that includes everyone who was there last night, everyone who is a member (he, he I just said 'member') and anyone associated with the club.

I should only be a couple of hours, so you've got time.

Why do you think those 'fans' are booing?

Because they're expecting 'better' having now been used to a bit of 'better'

But was you saying the same thing this time last year?
:vdvhmm:
yep, pretty much, I also called up getting 4th and chavs winning CL.

of course it was purely guess work, and some were upset when I predicted it.

But hey, shit happens. What will be will be and rally cries are a testament to how easily people are swayed by lone voices.

No point lurching from extreme view points each time a new game has happened, you just end up looking a little bit like a half curious white bear from the arctic.

Cant believe there are people talking about entitlement and our demand for success, who demanded the sacking of a manager who got top 4 twice in three seasons.

:dempsey:

Why do you think those 'fans' are booing?

Because they're expecting 'better' having now been used to a bit of 'better'

I have no idea, I would have to ask each of them to find out. Might even find out it was different reasons (shock).

And for the record you would need to define 'better' and 'better', as both are too loosely defined and lack any form of qualitative comparison.

You really aren't very good at this analysis stuff are you?

Venn diagram now bitch or gtfo. (tits will suffice, as long as they are not your own).

What constitutes 'top 6' players and wages, as opposed to 'Top 3/4', and how does it suddenly mean we'll get what we pay for,...?
I'm pretty sure we're paying Top 3/4 wages for Ade, yet what we've got in return for this outlay is bordering on Championship/League 1 quality... And no one is suggesting we deserve to be there!

Sunday isn't just a must win, it's a MUST SHOW WHAT WE'RE MADE OF... And I'm including fans AND players in that!

All last night did, was justify Harry's insistence on protecting the 1st team from the 'ignominy' of the Europa league,.. Losing Bale AND Lennon in one game is careless in the extreme, but it could just have easily happened in a League game.
It's only BECAUSE it's a EL game that has cost us that it seems like such a needless exercise, but the reality remains the same.. We still need to show how we'll cope without the pair of them!

Come the fuck on you Spurs!

I have no idea, I would have to ask each of them to find out. Might even find out it was different reasons (shock).

And for the record you would need to define 'better' and 'better', as both are too loosely defined and lack any form of qualitative comparison.

You really aren't very good at this analysis stuff are you?

Venn diagram now bitch or gtfo. (tits will suffice, as long as they are not your own).

lol - look at the financial reports - do you still think we're up there with the big boys?

Were those people booing 7 years ago when we had our first 5th finish under Jol?

You don't need a Venn diagram to see the correlation, my friend

Cant believe there are people talking about entitlement and our demand for success, who demanded the sacking of a manager who got top twice in three seasons.

:dempsey:
why is it so hard to believe that out of tens of thousands of people that some of them, just some, will be complete melters.

has the interwebz taught you nothing Daniel son.

Back
Top Bottom