RIP John Duncan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was/could have been a very good striker but injuries (where have we heard that before?) ruined his career. Had he stayed fit we may not have gone down. Scoring rate was excellent in a poor team.

I recall the winner v Spam in 76.

I've tried to find just the goals but it's the whole match. Duncan's winner from 27.30 or so.

I've never seen a goal like it since. Jennings kicked upfield, Duncan flicked on to fellow Scot Alfie Conn who back heeled for Duncan to curve into the corner, hitting the stanchion. 4 touches from Pat's boot to the net.

Very good striker who played in a Spurs team that was falling though the floor. And terrible injuries too. I think this match was after a long layoff.

Edit - keep watching for the next minute after his winner and you'll see some great skill of his almost scoring another from a hoof out. I never thought of him as target man but he could really deal with route one stuff from these highlights.

Great watch and great memories

I was in the Paxton

RIP John Duncan
COYS

Had the pleasure of meeting him and Terry Naylor and Alfie Conn in the Coach and Horses January 2020.
All three were on fantastic form.
Signed my silk scarf and programme from my 1st game Chelsea 75.
Very Sad News RIP

I went to what I think was his first ever game for us at Luton Town. None of knew what he was like, as in those days there was next to nothing on the Scottish game and no internet YouTube references. Looked quality straight away. Shame his injures stuttered his career

I went to what I think was his first ever game for us at Luton Town. None of knew what he was like, as in those days there was next to nothing on the Scottish game and no internet YouTube references. Looked quality straight away. Shame his injures stuttered his career

Saw him score a cracker against the Blades at Bramall Lane

Me and some mates forgot which car park we’d used and OB had to bale us out!
Great lads though tbf

Back
Top Bottom