Roberto Martinez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
His name keeps coming up but most posters seem to hate the idea, but I don't see him as terrible.
Am I wrong to suggest this ?
You cannot even vote for him on the main thread ?

His name keeps coming up but most posters seem to hate the idea, but I don't see him as terrible.
He was so awful with such a good squad at Everton.

He's just late period, self-parody Wenger, but a lesser tactician.

His Wigan sides had a devil-may-care fun about them, but upon contact with real pressure and real expectations Martinez folded like a cheap tent.

He's like the perfect example of what we should be trying to avoid with this appointment. He is proven to be the thing we fear Potter might be.

I recall some Everton players discussing that he did little to no defensive work in training. They didn't practice defending corners.
We definitely can't afford a manager that neglects working with the back line

We should start a Neil Warnock thread and bump it to around 10 pages.

Just to give folk 5 seconds in the twilight zone when they log on in the morning

Last edited:
When I saw this thread at "Tottenham Hotspur" part of the forum I was ready to jump off a bridge :mourcheeks:

He once managed to lose 9-1 at WHL. His Wigan side went down. His Everton side was dross and he was hounded out of there. If Spurs go near this bloke then Spurs are between 18 and 12th next year.

He cannot coach a defense. Think of Jose and his pub team attack coaching, but for the defence instead.

Jose has made us the worst coached team in the league, Martinez would continue that but in his own way.

Really not sure what this guy has done to warrant the attention of Levy, but I wouldn't put anything past the man after the last 18 months.

What an utterly uninspiring appointment this would be.

Back
Top Bottom