Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It still feels so surreal that we got Soldado.
Excellent buy ... was a little skeptical about his age and fee ... but saw this over goal and it cheered me up:

"Why people are upset for his age, let me tell you David Villa moved to Barcelona at age of 28 from Valencia having scored 20/30 goals a season.

Negredo is 28 this month
Falcao is apparently 27 or 29 ... :adelol:
Soldado just turned 28

Ronaldo is 28
Tevez is 29
Zlatan is 32 in October"

Not only is it real, he dropped this ITK back on 2nd July!

aXhtKb6.jpg

(Can't post actual tweet from phone)

If he was close on the 2nd of July he must have been going at Mido pace to have only just arrived.

It still feels so surreal that we got Soldado.
Excellent buy ... was a little skeptical about his age and fee ... but saw this over goal and it cheered me up:

"Why people are upset for his age, let me tell you David Villa moved to Barcelona at age of 28 from Valencia having scored 20/30 goals a season.

Negredo is 28 this month
Falcao is apparently 27 or 29 ... :adelol:
Soldado just turned 28

Ronaldo is 28
Tevez is 29
Zlatan is 32 in October"
This is because strikers improve with age. Just look at Defoe....:defoe:

Just seen this article in Metro.....

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/02/no-ex...roberto-soldado-in-on-ryanair-flight-3909048/

Yet another thinly veiled dig at Levy (and no doubt his tight little Jewish purse-strings!)
Only the final comment in the replies below it point out that our training ground is closest to Stanstead, and that to have flown Business Class with BA (or whoever the paper are DEMANDING) would've meant him travelling to Madrid first, then to Heathrow, and a 1 and a half hour drive to ......aw fuck it, I can't believe I bit and am getting all het up at such a nonsensical article!

To summarise, EVEN THE LONDON PAPERS HATE SPURS!
Fuckin hell, I wish Marca were that harsh on THEIR local club!

If anything, I hope the fact that Soldado even agreed to get on the Ryanair plane indicates that he's a fairly grounded chap (for a highly-paid professional footballer). Nothing like a hard-working front man with a high work-rate and level-headed attitude.

The weather in London is still t-shirt material??? Long summer this year? More than the customary 3 weeks then?
Climate change more evident ? this years summer in Oz predicted to be hottest on record so we are talking 40-43 C days at times

The weather in London is still t-shirt material??? Long summer this year? More than the customary 3 weeks then?
T-shirts and rain coats. It flip flops between just glorious sun and genuinely torrential rain. I went up to my room last night and the floor had about half a centimetre of sitting water because I left the window open to get some air through.

I've been in a football bubble over here in the States because of the time delay, work, weed etc. I'm up in the mountains and managed to get some wifi the other day and found out that we had reached an agreement for Soldado.

I still can't fucking believe it. We are going to be the fucking bollocks this season.

I've been in a football bubble over here in the States because of the time delay, work, weed etc. I'm up in the mountains and managed to get some wifi the other day and found out that we had reached an agreement for Soldado.

I still can't fucking believe it. We are going to be the fucking bollocks this season.
Obviously not watching the game then :baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom