Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My man's got the Dim Mak there.
BareBaggyLiger-max-1mb.gif

I do not get the affection he has for doing so little at our Club. But I get that he’s a nice fella and has only ever spoken with affection about us. Anyway here is a great interview by Syd Lowe.

What a fantastic story the Grenada one is, I hope they rip Man U a new one tonight, this would be some underdog story if they knock them out!!

I do not get the affection he has for doing so little at our Club. But I get that he’s a nice fella and has only ever spoken with affection about us. Anyway here is a great interview by Syd Lowe.

What a fantastic story the Grenada one is, I hope they rip Man U a new one tonight, this would be some underdog story if they knock them out!!

Great read.

He tried his heart out for us but never quite got there
Shame

He was crap.
A tad harsh, IMO. It just didn't work out for him for us.
I think he probably tried too hard and struggled in the EPL - lots of players coming from foreign leagues find the step up in pace and intensity difficult. Some adapt and some don't. He had to deal with the loss of a baby as well, IIRC, which wouldn't have helped with his state of mind.
It was an interesting read though and I hope he scores a hat full against Man U.

I think he probably tried too hard and struggled in the EPL - lots of players coming from foreign leagues find the step up in pace and intensity difficult. Some adapt and some don't. He had to deal with the loss of a baby as well, IIRC, which wouldn't have helped with his state of mind.
It was an interesting read though and I hope he scores a hat full against Man U.
I remember him scoring a good goal against Everton at WHL and I thought that he just needs some confidence and could kick on from there so Poch dropped him next game ffs

Mrs P he was dogshit. Nice guy, never dissed the club or the fans but he has to be the worst CF we've had, ever?

hoooooold your horses.

Oh, there have been many worse.
Ginger Pele, Rasiak, Andy Booth, Fraizer Campbell and Vincent Janssen were worse for starters..

None of those you have listed were any more than cheap back-ups, that had to play occasional matches to cover injuries, and mostly in on loan for that sole purpose.

Soldado was in as the main man, and was so unsuited for the PL and the way we played, it was almost as if we just though he has scored a lot of goals in Spain let's get him, without ever watching him play and realising the whole Valencia team was built in a specific way to get him in the 6 yard box on the end of a move.

Last edited:
None of those you have listed were any more than cheap back-ups, that had to play occasional matches to cover injuries, and mostly in on loan for that sole purpose.

Soldado was in as the main man, and was so unsuited for the PL and the way we played.

We had high expectations of him, but the four of them were all worse, as in "worst CF at the club".

crap is putting it kindly.

The guy went his whole first season scoring 2 open play premier league goals. He somehow managed to be even shitter the next season scoring 1 open play premier league goal. He missed chances galore and was absolute shite.

Nogoaldado I called him at the time.

hoooooold your horses.

Oh, there have been many worse.
Ginger Pele, Rasiak, Andy Booth, Fraizer Campbell and Vincent Janssen were worse for starters..
They all scored though!!!!

Booth was on loan I think, so hardly counts but yeah he was dogshit. Rasiak yep on par I'd say. Doherty didn't do too badly before he broke his leg, yeah he was crap but at least he scored a handful of goals, let's also not forget that he was also played as a defender! Campbell I never felt was a proper Tottenham signing, he came to us with Levy doing his absolute best trying to extract as much value as he could with Utd doing all they could to prise Beba out of the Club, the result was we got him, again he did score a couple from open play and we got £6m for him the following year.

Whatever the views are on Soldado, having him debated amongst that lot you've listed doesn't really elevate what he did for Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom